HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals

Theater Square in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Houston Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Houston Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 10:23 PM

With this and 609 Main, the Chase Tower will no longer be just a bookend of the skyline.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rail Claimore View Post
With this and 609 Main, the Chase Tower will no longer be just a bookend of the skyline.
agreed, this one especially will really help by extend the skyline 2 blocks to the north.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 10:52 PM

I'm not sure why the floor count for this one was pushed back up to 50 floors. Even though you may get the 50 floors if you count, Swamplot is right. It will be 41 floors. I guess I'll just wait until an official announcement is made.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud713 View Post
the rendering just leaked on Swamplot..

Wow, that's really amazing! Houston's booming! Now where's that 102 floor monster insiders were talking about.

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbannizer View Post
I'm not sure why the floor count for this one was pushed back up to 50 floors. Even though you may get the 50 floors if you count, Swamplot is right. It will be 41 floors. I guess I'll just wait until an official announcement is made.
im not sure why/how it was changed either. i guess someone read my edit in the original post mentioning that i counted 50 floors in the rendering and they changed it. some members on HAIF are reporting that it is in fact "only" 41 stories, and that the height was reduced from a 50 story version. same design though. so urbannizer.. the 41 floor version is the version you say will top 725' ?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 11:25 PM
Meh

I changed it. I went ahead and changed it back.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Jul 30, 2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
im not sure why/how it was changed either. i guess someone read my edit in the original post mentioning that i counted 50 floors in the rendering and they changed it. some members on HAIF are reporting that it is in fact "only" 41 stories, and that the height was reduced from a 50 story version. same design though. so urbannizer.. the 41 floor version is the version you say will top 725' ?
If the number of floors is correct in the google earth images of this tower that I've seen (the images are too small to count), then yes it will be around 725'.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
If the number of floors is correct in the google earth images of this tower that I've seen (the images are too small to count), then yes it will be around 725'.
great. i wonder how tall this 50 floor version would have been. 825'? oh well, even at 41 floors it will have a huge impact on the north end of the skyline. i noticed you said in a post on the previous page that the parking garage was exposed? in the rendering it appears they are cladded over, and the LED lighting continues down the side of them. did that part of the design change or is the building exactly the same, just 9 floors shorter?

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 6:46 PM

BEAUTIFUL.

Hoping this one makes it off the ground. Would literally transform the skyline due to it's sheer elegance and location.

Old Posted Jul 31, 2013, 10:04 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Love the roof design. Very modern

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 1:07 PM
Chairman

Very well done. This will the give the skyline much more prominence when viewing from the north.

-sb

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 1:48 PM

Unless the foreshortening is making it look tall, I think the rendering is of a building that will be taller than 725 feet. And what do you suppose is on the roof - solar panels?

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 2:15 PM

I really like the crown on this building, and would hope that it would be lit up at night.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 4:49 PM
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
Unless the foreshortening is making it look tall, I think the rendering is of a building that will be taller than 725 feet. And what do you suppose is on the roof - solar panels?
Yeah, maybe it's just the angle, but it really does look taller than that. The rendering seems accurate. It makes it appear large compared to the Chase Tower but really, the Chase Tower isn't very wide. Chase Tower is only 170 feet wide on the two longest sides fronting Travis and Texas. The rendering is making this building appear to be pretty close to 800 feet tall. Chase Tower is 1,002 feet, so that puts it around 200 feet shorter. The rendering isn't looking at the building from street level either. The image appears to be taken from about 75 feet off the ground.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 5:06 PM

I guess I'll post the full version of that rendering since it has leaked. Also, someone that knows a lot more about the project over on HAIF says the top floor will be double in height and the crown is about four stories tall.

Here's the full rendering:

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Urbannizer said its the 41 story version that will be around 725', not the 50 story version shown in the renderings.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 7:27 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Urbannizer said its the 41 story version that will be around 725', not the 50 story version shown in the renderings.
I counted 41-floors from the rendering. Anyone else would like count and /or re-count? Curious to know who else came up with 41-floors.

Perhaps the paralax shift from the angle of the rendering gives the appearance the structure being closer to height of JP Morgan. If there are other angles of the rendering, it should give a more accurate idea of its relation to the other towers.

-sb

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 7:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
I counted 41-floors from the rendering. Anyone else would like count and /or re-count? Curious to know who else came up with 41-floors.

Perhaps the paralax shift from the angle of the rendering gives the appearance the structure being closer to height of JP Morgan. If there are other angles of the rendering, it should give a more accurate idea of its relation to the other towers.
apparently there are a few other angles/renderings. i counted 50 stories, though it seems like about 41 or so are on top of a garage. the new design calls for 30 floors of office on an 11 story garage according to a few people.

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 9:04 PM

Nice tower! At 725', I would think it'll be closer to 50 floors. IMO

Old Posted Aug 1, 2013, 9:35 PM
Chairman

Quote:
apparently there are a few other angles/renderings. i counted 50 stories, though it seems like about 41 or so are on top of a garage. the new design calls for 30 floors of office on an 11 story garage according to a few people.
I counted 41 on top of the garage very well knowing it would sit on top of an 11-story garage.

So this design may be quite different from the rendering? Will the developer keep the same theme but shorter?

-sb

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Proposals