HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Mar 19, 2018, 2:59 AM

Incredible shot. Is that Baker in the background? Taken from Metroplace?

Old Posted Mar 23, 2018, 1:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Incredible shot. Is that Baker in the background? Taken from Metroplace?
That would be Mount Shuksan in the photo.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2018, 4:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypherus View Post
That would be Mount Shuksan in the photo.
Neato

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 10:27 PM

The next 2 towers went to ADP on January 25. Minutes have now been posted (but still no renderings). Sounds like there will be a water/glacial theme or reference to the towers. Also it mentions a semi-circular shape.

Form and Character
  • Agree with the general approach to massing and form of the towers.
  • There is good livability for suites, with windows in all rooms.
  • The exterior semi-circular building shape which follows the ground level
    easement jumps out as a strong extrusion in contrast to the tower treatments such as the pixelated balconies, and the opposite of the landscape plan. Suggest migrating the tower to the east to remove it from the hard edge of the easement and allowing some responsive treatment to the curve.
  • Consider bringing the north tower all the way to the ground, as the townhome conclusion feels weak, and there is a struggle with the massing
    with the weight of the tower on the townhouse. The water reference in the tower stops abruptly at the townhouses.
  • Consider the articulation of the east ground level façade as it relates to the adjacent residential development.
  • Commend the random balcony form and how that participates in the "glacial" theme.

Starts on Page 7:
http://www.surrey.ca/bylawsandcounci...2018_01_25.pdf

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 3:35 AM

Random balcony sounds promising, hopefully add a bit of contrast to plain old squares and rectangles

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 2:51 PM
YouTube Creator

[Deleted]

Last edited by Reecemartin; Nov 17, 2020 at 7:04 PM.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 7:21 PM

Pathway pic - looking dense (and lush).

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 9:00 PM

Great shot!

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 10:55 PM

The pool back there is really nice too. They have white gazebo huts all around it (you can see a couple off to the right in that pic). Very resort feeling - like the Westin Bayshore minus the restaurant and waterfront. Some residents out swimming when I went by around 11am.

These buildings are a steal for the rent prices ($1500 1 bedroom) considering the amenities you get (if you can handle living a 40 min commute from downtown). Something like this in Vancouver would be over $2000 for a 1 bedroom. $1500 in Vancouver and youre basically living in squalor these days.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2018, 5:54 AM

Could someone tell me why the condo density around King George Station is so much higher than Surrey Central station ? Do developers love KG station location more ? Or there is more open land there ? For me, I also like KG station surrounding more. Thanks

Old Posted Jun 2, 2018, 6:11 AM

Hopefully Surrey Central will be surrounded by office buildings rather than condos
- since it is supposed to be the business district, not a suburban residential neighbourhood.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2018, 6:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by officedweller View Post
Hopefully Surrey Central will be surrounded by office buildings rather than condos
- since it is supposed to be the business district, not a suburban residential neighbourhood.
It'll probably have to be a mix. The demand for office space in suburban centres is much lower than it is in Downtown Vancouver and Central Broadway. I don't expect this trend to change for a while.

Old Posted Jun 2, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by e-clam9 View Post
Could someone tell me why the condo density around King George Station is so much higher than Surrey Central station ? Do developers love KG station location more ? Or there is more open land there ? For me, I also like KG station surrounding more. Thanks
Because all those towers were built by a single developer on 2 side by side sites.

Old Posted Jun 4, 2018, 8:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroundtheworld View Post
It'll probably have to be a mix. The demand for office space in suburban centres is much lower than it is in Downtown Vancouver and Central Broadway. I don't expect this trend to change for a while.
I rather see slower development until office buildings can be built, rather than condos being built and preventing a proper Central Business District from developing.

Old Posted Jun 5, 2018, 3:40 PM

The commercial/business areas are supposed to be where the education tower is going mainly. I think specifically they see that as a financial / education district. So basically where the bus loop is now and then the strip of land bound by 104th north, 102nd south, City Parkway west, KGB west.

A little bit of extension across the street to the development on the Canadian Tire lands, then more commercial/business in the strip bound by 102nd north, 100th south, Whalley Boulevard east, KGB west (where the strip mall it, Kal Tire, Staples, etc.)

The final key business / commercial areas are right around Gateway Station, and then from King George Station (Hub + Holland Point across the street) to Surrey Memorial (innovation boulevard).

I have yet to see any real concrete plans for anything on the Surrey Central plot of land other than that pie in the sky tower where the old Best Buy building is located, but that is the final commercial / business development area.

Everything else = condos + residential. So where Evolve and Wave 2 (I know that's not its name) is being developed, all that area is basically condos. Most you'll likely get is street level retail and maybe a few podium commercial / business, but nothing substantial.

Positive thing I would say is that all the above commercial / business "strips" of land are not close to being developed, and all the areas where condos mainly will go in is ready to be developed today. So you'll likely continue to see a wave of residential developments bringing the area to a critical mass where the commercial / business strips will begin to be redeveloped later.

/above all speculation and educated guesses + references to the area plan so prone to drastic changes...

Old Posted Sep 12, 2018, 3:37 PM

The rep at Concord Office told me that the new Park George tower 1 and 2 will share all outdoor amenities with Park Ave East and West. Park George will have indoor swimming poor and a outdoor whirlpool with a big movie projector screen. They will share our outdoor swimming pool, indoor whirlpool, steam room, sauna room, yoga room and tennis court. 4 buildings will share maintenance cost of these outdoor amenities. But it doubled the people using them. Is this good or bad ?

Park George has many indoor amenities; game lounge, work/study/conference lounge, two levels of gym, spa room, ping pong room, club house, cooled parcel storage, free wifi in common space and more. Since they are indoor, I guess PA residents can't share them.

PG has no rooftop garden, and they can't visit the rooftop of PA buildings.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2019, 6:44 PM

The Park George web site mentioned the following. If strata council approves it, it really makes PA and PG stand out among all new condo here...

https://www.parkgeorge.com/amenities/

"Club PA
You are just steps away from more opportunities to relax, break a sweat or entertain at the adjacent Park Avenue development, which shares its rich amenities with Park George. You’ll have the privilege of enjoying resort style amenities such as a tennis court, yoga pavilion, outdoor pool and large private cabanas. Jointly, The Circle at Park George and Park Avenue’s Club PA create 30,000 sq. ft. of lavish indoor amenities and 80,000 sq. ft. of skillfully landscaped outdoor features."

I believe it can add value to our buildings and keep strata fee in check with more residents sharing the maintenance.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 8:08 PM

That would be a huge draw and up the value. The amenities for this project actually look quite amazing. I think they will yield a quite amazingly high strata fee but still, if you use the facilities it could be big.

Old Posted Apr 3, 2021, 9:40 AM

Huge main pipe burst on the top floors of Park Ave West - does anyone have further details or updates and the extent of the damage?

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...ipe_in_strata/

Old Posted Apr 5, 2021, 8:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gummozebra View Post
Huge main pipe burst on the top floors of Park Ave West - does anyone have further details or updates and the extent of the damage?

https://www.reddit.com/r/vancouver/c...ipe_in_strata/
I think one of the posters here lives in one of the Park Ave towers who goes by the name 'E-Clam9'. Maybe try PM'ing him.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley