HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 11:39 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a Bibles for Missions Thrift Store planned for the vacant lot in front of the Marsh Street Trailer Park, just across from the Mountain/Sheraton Green intersection.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2014, 6:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Dawn Arnold posted on Facebook that there will be an imminent announcement regarding two new Amur Tigers for the Magnetic Hill Zoo.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2014, 4:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

It was reported in the T&T today that two new juvenile Amur Tigers have indeed arrived at the zoo and are currently in quarantine. The new $1.4M Asian habitat at the zoo is currently under construction and should be ready by July. This will be a state of the art facility and will be the tiger's new home.

Old Posted Mar 3, 2014, 4:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

It was reported in the T&T today that two new juvenile Amur Tigers have indeed arrived at the zoo and are currently in quarantine. The new $1.4M Asian habitat at the zoo is currently under construction and should be ready by July. This will be a state of the art facility and will be the tiger's new home.
I hope that they build it so that we can 'look down' in on the Tigers like they do with the Lions and not have to look through glass or fencing!

So happy to have Tigers back at the Zoo!

Old Posted Mar 9, 2014, 3:25 PM

Is anyone aware of development plans next to the Impact church? I noticed that the land around sold early last year for a significant sum. Has there been talk of developing something? The entrance would have to be between the church/ATV trail and the house but it goes deeper and behind the church as well.

Also notice a 'up 9.2 acres' lot for sale next to the 'trailer' park off Mountain Rd. next to the Bibles for Missions Thrift Store referred to above.

Old Posted Mar 9, 2014, 4:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Is anyone aware of development plans next to the Impact church? I noticed that the land around sold early last year for a significant sum. Has there been talk of developing something? The entrance would have to be between the church/ATV trail and the house but it goes deeper and behind the church as well.
Welcome to the forums.

I have not heard of any plans for this land, but if you refer to this screen capture from the Moncton Municipal Development Plan, you will see that the land (at the NW corner of the TCH/Gorge Rd intersection) is currently zoned as "Highway Commercial (HC)". If the church is in growth mode however, they might have simply bought the land for themselves……...

Last edited by MonctonRad; Mar 9, 2014 at 4:51 PM.

Old Posted Mar 13, 2014, 10:25 AM

Thanks for the info... the HC zone across the highway is for sale, 6.6 acres behind the senior's home (least I think that's what it is).

For the land in from of the old car auction site, it's actually 2 plots, 2 acres commercials and the ~9.2 is (missing a word) residential... not sure if anyone will build condo's or anything next to the old trailer park but we'll see.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2014, 3:04 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

There is a request for variance before the Moncton PAC to allow construction of two 16 unit apartment buildings off of Ivy Road adjacent to the Marsh Street trailer park on Mountain Road……

Old Posted Apr 3, 2014, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
The other one must be the snow dump?
The city was very prescient in opening this new snow dump. Took a drive out to it this evening. Wow, that is a lot of snow.

Old Posted Apr 12, 2014, 1:25 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

from today's T&T:

Moncton securing improved concert site access
Friday, April 11, 2014
Times & Transcript

While there may not be a large concert on the horizon at Lutes Mountain this summer, the City of Moncton is investing in the city-owned Magnetic Hill Concert Site and demonstrating it is serious about having events return to the hill in the future.

The municipal corporation has issued a notice of expropriation of roughly eight acres of land off Gorge Road to ensure continued service access to the site.

A dirt road through the woods has provided an alternate entrance to the concert site ever since it was built to host Pope John Paul II in 1984.

The road has been the service entry of choice for crews setting up and dismantling the music festivals that have been held there most years since the shows began with the Rolling Stones’ largest North American concert of 2005.

The City of Moncton had been leasing it from the property owner. Through expropriation, the road and some of the land to the south of it will be owned and controlled by the city.

City manager Jacques Dubé recently said his staff is working on a new strategy that should result in future major shows at that location.

full article:
http://22864.vws.magma.ca/index.php?&article_id=12669

Old Posted Apr 19, 2014, 10:47 PM

Couple of things:

New development (yet again) on Mapleton, Plaza 599. They have a big sign up, 6 pads for retail/restaurants, largest 40000 square feet so not small to say the least. It's adjacent to Doc Martin's building in front of the Future Inn. (Didn't take a picture, sorry)

Tak's Thai Kitchen- Restaurant has been closed a week, website states they are relocating, happy to see they didn't close as I do enjoy the food.

Old Posted Apr 20, 2014, 1:01 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting. I've known there's been something planned for that corner for some time, but I have not been aware of any particulars therefore I haven't said very much about it on the forum.

My dentist has his office in the 585 Mapleton Building, and he says that one of the pads will be a bank (possibly BMO), but beyond this I have no information regarding this project.

I'll take a drive over there sometime on Monday and have a look at the sign…….

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feneant View Post
Couple of things:

New development (yet again) on Mapleton, Plaza 599. They have a big sign up, 6 pads for retail/restaurants, largest 40000 square feet so not small to say the least. It's adjacent to Doc Martin's building in front of the Future Inn. (Didn't take a picture, sorry)

Tak's Thai Kitchen- Restaurant has been closed a week, website states they are relocating, happy to see they didn't close as I do enjoy the food.
So you must mean the NorthEast corner of Mapleton and Lady Ada? I remember there was mention of this development a few years ago. Mapleton Centre needs to get aggressive and start leasing what they have left when considering the huge amount of retail square footage planned for Mapleton road this year.

I'd be nice to see the extension of Louis-J-Robichaud Ave and residential development take off in that area to make it a more mixed-use neighborhood and not just retail. But I guess residential is not as hot as it used to be. I'd much prefer to see residential in this area than seeing the city's built up area burst west of Ryan.

Old Posted Apr 21, 2014, 2:33 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is a picture of the sign now up on the NE corner of Mapleton and Lady Ava:

A half dozen years ago, this whole block of land was being marketed as Port Royal Estates. The only buildings erected however were the Future Inn (soon to be Four Points by Sheraton), and the 585 Mapleton medical/dental complex. This proposal would appear to be the successor to Port Royal Estates.

I strongly doubt that this site plan is carved in stone. The key phrase on the sign is "will build to suit". It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this in the next couple of years, but as NBNYer said, this should serve as a warning to the Mapleton Centre to hurry up filling their vacant store frontage before anything in Plaza 599 comes on line……...

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 12:22 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

I see that there is a Kent Homes office/showroom moving into the former Prestige Lighting store location in the Mount Pleasant Plaza on Mountain Road.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2014, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
I see that there is a Kent Homes office/showroom moving into the former Prestige Lighting store location in the Mount Pleasant Plaza on Mountain Road.
Yes, their location on Champlain street near the intersection with Dieppe blvd. has a sign up saying that there are moving to Mountain road. This might be in preparation for the upcoming commercial development at the corner of Champlain & Dieppe.

Old Posted May 2, 2014, 1:21 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Cobalt Properties (Irving) owns two large lots of land on or near the Berry Mills Rd/TCH interchange.

There is no indication that development of these properties is imminent, and one of the things that Irving tends to do is buy up land around major interchanges anyway (to keep competitors from moving in). It will be interesting however to see what may eventually happen here. I think Berry Mills Road is due for some major commercial growth in the next 10-20 years……..

Old Posted May 15, 2014, 9:47 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The foundation for the Kingswood Academy private Montessori school and daycare on Ryan Street has been poured. They expect it to open this fall (which I think is still very ambitious).

Old Posted May 16, 2014, 8:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

from the city of Moncton website:

Road Closure on Ryan St between Augusta Rural Estates
May 16, 2014

MONCTON – The City of Moncton wishes to advise the motoring public that Ryan Street, between Augusta Terrace and Rural Estates Drive, will be closed to through traffic from Tuesday, May 20 to mid-September 2014.

This street closure is to permit the installation of a storm sewer main and laterals, and the road reconstruction.
Traffic will be detoured on Augusta Terrace and Rural Estates Drive.

The City apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciates the patience and cooperation of residents and the motoring public.

This is the final phase of the Ryan Street reconstruction. This project will have taken three years to complete.

Old Posted May 23, 2014, 3:28 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

According to the monthly PAC, there is a request for variance to allow for a bulk propane storage facility on Edinburgh Drive to be operated by Wilson Fuels. This will be serviced by a railway siding.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces