HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 10, 2020, 6:37 PM

I don't think it is possible to understate how cold walking east down Bison Drive is in the winter. It is only trumped by walking west down Bison Drive in the winter. I love the U of M, but I feel like I submitted Everest or perhaps the navigated to the north pole regularly while going to class. Anybody walking from those towers deserves a spot on the Canadian Olympic team in some related discipline.

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 5:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegcityboy View Post
I’m glad those are in South Winnipeg and not anywhere downtown cause those are not very appealing , still good density but definitely not “THE BOLD DESIGN “ and prominent architecture welcoming people into South Winnipeg like the developers previously stated .
We really don't get much in the way of bold design in Wpg. At least with this place, there are 3 different colors for the siding. That will spruce it up a bit. Along with the roof and driveway lighting.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 1:15 PM

Edit wrong thread

Winnipeg | A Picture Thread - Updated October 2023

In The Future Every Building Will Be World-Famous For Fifteen Minutes.

Last edited by Wpg_Guy; Jun 10, 2020 at 3:25 PM.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 1:17 PM
What could go wrong?

...and there you go with the other big project surrounding the ARC student residence project.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 1:21 PM

With the way things went during phase I (construction fire, covid), I'm amazed but happy that plans may be proceeding for phase II.

I love how close to the street this is getting built. It's nice to see some proper urban design principles applied... if this had been built 40 years ago you know it would have been stashed at the back of the site with parking lots in front.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpg_Guy View Post

This is awesome! So cool to see this expanding. That being said, this is the wrong thread. 3021 Pembina is the building further south, close to Perimeter (by Petrocan/Esso/McDonalds). I think the address is 2525 Pembina.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 3:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCake View Post
This is awesome! So cool to see this expanding. That being said, this is the wrong thread. 3021 Pembina is the building further south, close to Perimeter (by Petrocan/Esso/McDonalds). I think the address is 2525 Pembina.
lol! Thanks for catching that

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 4:35 PM
What could go wrong?

3015 Pembina is a 15 & 16 storey tower. The Title needs adjustment.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 1:43 AM

Title doesn't need adjustment, that^ was just posted in the wrong thread.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 12:58 PM
What could go wrong?

Yes, I know but the title for THIS thread is wrong. This is the project out by the McDonalds at Pembina and Bairdmore. The current title reads "Winnipeg | 3021 Pembina Hwy |13 Floors + 15 Floors | Proposed".

The title should read "Winnipeg | 3015 Pembina Hwy |15 Floors + 16 Floors | Proposed". The City of Winnipeg zoning application reads as so.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2020, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Yes, I know but the title for THIS thread is wrong. This is the project out by the McDonalds at Pembina and Bairdmore. The current title reads "Winnipeg | 3021 Pembina Hwy |13 Floors + 15 Floors | Proposed".

The title should read "Winnipeg | 3015 Pembina Hwy |15 Floors + 16 Floors | Proposed". The City of Winnipeg zoning application reads as so.
When I created this thread the address at the time was not disclosed it was simply in the ‘3000’ block of Pembina. I’ll have it adjusted now, thanks biff.

Old Posted Oct 18, 2020, 9:39 PM

Drove by this site today. Seems like some activity going on. Noticed a construction trailer at the back of the site and some new signage.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 1:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn99 View Post
Drove by this site today. Seems like some activity going on. Noticed a construction trailer at the back of the site and some new signage.
Walked by today and noticed the excavation for the NW building is underway.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 6:09 PM
What could go wrong?

I drove by at lunch. Definitely excavating a big foundation hole.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 8:02 PM

These dual tower Pembina projects are confusing. Are we talking the Arc or the other one? This is the thread for the other one.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2020, 8:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
These dual tower Pembina projects are confusing. Are we talking the Arc or the other one? This is the thread for the other one.
The other dual tower, the one closer to the perimeter

Old Posted Nov 19, 2020, 4:50 PM

There is a fairly large whole dug now. Lots of pile driving going that can be heard all over Fort Richmond. LOL.

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 10:48 PM

Drove by today and there was steel beams being set up for what I am assuming will be the podium. Vertical portions were already installed.

The south building/parkade foundation is still underway, but does does the building beginning work above the foundation mean it is now U/C according to this site?

Old Posted May 25, 2021, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Drove by today and there was steel beams being set up for what I am assuming will be the podium. Vertical portions were already installed.

The south building/parkade foundation is still underway, but does does the building beginning work above the foundation mean it is now U/C according to this site?
Usually it does.

Old Posted May 26, 2021, 1:45 AM

Quote:

I went by there today too for the first time in a while... all the activity there caught me by surprise, I wasn't expecting to see so much action. I just caught a quick glance but it looks to me like it is definitely under construction at this point.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan