HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 12:36 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I recall reading something about that site but I don't remember seeing a rendering.
If you look at the residential building (bottom-middle), it says Generation which is also the name of Kaplan Residential's 377 Centennial Park Drive Project. Both of these projects were designed by Niles Bolton which makes me believe both may be real.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2018, 11:54 PM

That rendering looks very conceptual. Which is not to say that it can't or won't evolve into a project that breaks ground at some point.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 2:48 PM
BANNED

359 East Paces Ferry Rd. - Buckhead (Design has changed once again)

Although the building looks shorter (in my opinion), it still is 12 floors. Construction is scheduled to kick off March or April and only 4 floors remain available.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2018, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
359 East Paces Ferry Rd. - Buckhead (Design has changed once again)

Although the building looks shorter (in my opinion), it still is 12 floors. Construction is scheduled to kick off March or April and only 4 floors remain available.
Hmm, yea it does look shorter. I still like it way better than the first proposal though.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 5:13 PM

Modera Buckhead

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 12:11 PM
BANNED

The Irby- Buckhead (New Renderings)

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 1:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
The Irby- Buckhead (New Renderings)
Dang!! That's the one across the street north from Hanover Buckhead, right? Other than Midtown (maybe), Buckhead is flat out blowing out every other neighborhood when it comes to amount of new residences and retail within close proximity.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Dang!! That's the one across the street north from Hanover Buckhead, right? Other than Midtown (maybe), Buckhead is flat out blowing out every other neighborhood when it comes to amount of new residences and retail within close proximity.
Yep. At Cains Hill and Irby.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 4:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Buckhead Village has always had great potential because of its grid-ed blocks. And I think the attention to detail at the street level is generally a cut above what we are getting in Midtown unfortunately.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 5:51 PM

Money talks!

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Buckhead Village has always had great potential because of its grid-ed blocks. And I think the attention to detail at the street level is generally a cut above what we are getting in Midtown unfortunately.
Right? At the rate we're going, Buckhead will be a more pleasant street experience than Midtown will be. Just more impressive and better designed projects across the board. I can't wait to see this area in 10 more years....perhaps it may actually be an area I would actually want to live in.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
Right? At the rate we're going, Buckhead will be a more pleasant street experience than Midtown will be. Just more impressive and better designed projects across the board. I can't wait to see this area in 10 more years....perhaps it may actually be an area I would actually want to live in.
I'm betting my coins on Midtown being the better pedestrian experience. Lower Buckhead (the Village area) side streets do have less lanes and sidewalks conducive to walking, but the Peachtree spine and all side streets become parking lots during rush hour.

Upper Buckhead (north of Piedmont and the Mall area) is definitely a pedestrian's worst nightmare at any given hour of the day.

In Midtown, the southern half is rapidly becoming one of the most walkable areas in the city. Narrow streets, wide sidewalks with active uses for blocks. The area around the Midtown station is very enjoyable.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
The area around the Midtown station is very enjoyable.
I just wish midtown had more places like cypress street pint & plate

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlriser View Post
Money talks!

When will it start talking for Midtown as well considering that the money these developers are getting in rent is on par with those in Buckhead and every development is marketed as more luxurious than anything that ever existed. I think it is more a matter of expectation - that developers expect to have to create an engaging street level in Buckhead Village because of the retail presence there while elsewhere in the city they will most often try to put forth the bare minimum possible.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 1:22 PM

The Irby

This looks damn good

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 1:52 PM

Sure, there's been a few stinkers in Midtown this cycle but overall it's been pretty good.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 2:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Sure, there's been a few stinkers in Midtown this cycle but overall it's been pretty good.
Oh I agree. I just think developers expect to have to bring their "A game" in The Village and I'm not convinced the same is true in Midtown. And I'm speaking strictly about the street level.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 3:20 PM
BANNED

Camden Buckhead (Updated Renderings)

I think this is under construction.

Summary
Camden Buckhead is the follow-up project to the wildly successful Camden Paces and is designed to serve as a modern, urban edge and gateway into the West Village. Two brick buildings front Roswell Road and residents will enjoy wooded, park-like views off the rear amenity decks. The structures include 8-9 story post-tensioned concrete frames and structured parking below street level. 365 units offer gracious floorplans, concierge level services, extensive amenities, and luxury finishes with the potential for urban street views, wooded views and skyline views. On the upper two levels, the project features loft-style and townhome-style penthouse units with private roof terraces and amazing skyline views.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2018, 6:31 PM

Is there any transit planned for the area? Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Lenox / Buckhead station fall out of the Village perimeter. I think a circular light rail serving the area that links to the heavy rail could kill.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2018, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
Oh I agree. I just think developers expect to have to bring their "A game" in The Village and I'm not convinced the same is true in Midtown. And I'm speaking strictly about the street level.
The DRC up there is pretty rigorous on street presence.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta