HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 1:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisVerbatim View Post
Finally! And right in time as i'll be out of school in a month, i'll probably get sent to this site.
Are you going to BCIT for electrical? Second year?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 5:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skymaster View Post
Are you going to BCIT for electrical? Second year?
I'm at BCIT for Third year right now. I just finished second year in may. I was a bit behind on my schooling but had almost 2/3 of my on the job work hours so I decided to take both years back to back.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 7:33 AM

Quote:
I'm at BCIT for Third year right now. I just finished second year in may. I was a bit behind on my schooling but had almost 2/3 of my on the job work hours so I decided to take both years back to back.
It's good that you are passionate about your job/field. When someone is in that mindset they can go quite a ways.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 3:42 PM

I saw a tender invite for a Browns Socialhouse to go into the Coast Capital building. Construction to start August 2015.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 5:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshadow View Post
I saw a tender invite for a Browns Socialhouse to go into the Coast Capital building. Construction to start August 2015.
Will this be the first Browns in Surrey?

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 8:32 PM

Which grocery store will go into Phase B? Whole Foods, Marketplace, or??

Last edited by Nites; Jun 28, 2015 at 8:44 PM.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 9:20 PM

Quote:
I'd like to see a Walmart Neighborhood Market go in.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 9:37 PM

Walmart is already taking over the Target location at Surrey Central.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 10:11 PM

I heard rumors that Civic was debating between Browns and Cactus.

Is it official?

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 5:37 AM

Quote:
Will this be the first Browns in Surrey?
There's one on the Delta side of North Road, One on HWY10 and one on 152nd in South Surrey

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 5:59 AM

I drove by today and honestly the site doesn't look any different from weeks past, other than the fact that there's a backhoe.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 7:00 AM

The city of Surrey has a development permit request in to renovate the old Swiss Chalet building along KGB into the Browns Social House so it is more likely they would move into there.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 7:04 AM

Quote:
Actually wouldn't mind Safeway or Save On Foods moving in there because it would likely mean that either of the old locations up the road would then be redeveloped. I don't think the area really needs another net-new grocery store. Already T&T, Save On, and Safeway. If Walmart is adding food you'd have 4 in a relatively small space not to mention within 5 minutes either south or east you have 2 x Superstores and a Costco.

So that would be my preference. Safeway or Saveon to leave current location into this, then redevelop the vacant location for higher density. Safeway would be my #1 choice because that is prime land on KGB and 104th.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2015, 5:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post
Actually wouldn't mind Safeway or Save On Foods moving in there because it would likely mean that either of the old locations up the road would then be redeveloped. I don't think the area really needs another net-new grocery store. Already T&T, Save On, and Safeway. If Walmart is adding food you'd have 4 in a relatively small space not to mention within 5 minutes either south or east you have 2 x Superstores and a Costco.

So that would be my preference. Safeway or Saveon to leave current location into this, then redevelop the vacant location for higher density. Safeway would be my #1 choice because that is prime land on KGB and 104th.
I vote for Safeway - it's a free-standing building with a bank across the lot, while Save-On has a Canadian Tire right next to it (and possibly a McD's and a gas station on the same lot - depending on who owns what).

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhausner View Post

Good point. Personally I would also like to see London drugs move to this location too
Good point. I personally would like to see London drugs move to this location too

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 5:56 AM

The original plan (haven't looked at the most recent) had space for a "Grocery" store then another large space they had labelled as "Drug Store."

Given there is already a Shoppers in Surrey Central it could definitely be possible. Imagine London Drugs + Safeway moving and both sides of KGB there being redeveloped. Would be nice to see.

We'll have to wait and see. I know though that the last sign drawings they used an example of Whole Foods as a grocery store so may just be dreaming.

Old Posted Jul 10, 2015, 10:31 PM

Old Posted Aug 15, 2015, 8:04 PM

they're looking at late September for occupancy now according to my foreman. This building is way behind schedule. also we have no idea when phase B will start (but I think we have the contract)

Old Posted Aug 16, 2015, 6:36 AM

Yah they were hoping summer. Not surprising they've been plodding along and the new intersection road part seems to be quite complex or they've been doing it slowly.

Phase B it looked to me like they've been doing some exploratory digging lately. there are quite a few large holes dug in the past week or so. Not sure if that is the mark of something starting soon or just a bit of exploration for planning purposes.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2015, 5:54 PM

Hey~~ Just passed by today, and I saw all those ugly electric power lines used to be on the side walk are GONE! yeah~~~ correct me if I were wrong, I was on a b-line.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley