HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 4:40 AM
ROF

Taipei Main Station Area:

台汽北站土地 皇翔超出底價87%標出
聯合新聞網╱記者梁任瑋、蔡靜紋、楊文琪/台北報導 2007-04-20
http://news.yam.com/udn/fn/200704/20070420186668.html

"台汽北站土地面積1,375坪,使用分區是台北車站特定專用區商業用地,容積率約560%,是台汽最值錢的資產。在90年6月底標價是56億元到昨天腰斬到昨天28.5億元。"

Possible Proposal:
",這塊基地加上容積獎勵可達1,100%,未來將開國際建築標,規劃成結合精品百貨商場、六星級商旅頂級豪宅或商辦大樓,並發行REITS。保守預估,一樓店面每坪至少可賣250萬元,開發毛利可達21億元或30%以上。"

Old Posted Apr 26, 2007, 5:58 AM
Bamboo Tiger

Duabi, I suspect this will be yet another midrise luxury apartment complex. It's hard to believe people will be paying NT$30 million for a 50 ping apartment near the train station. Wow!

Record bid may drive up Taipei property prices

TREND-SETTER: Huang Hsiang's record offer of NT$3.88 million per ping for a plot of land near the railway station could boost development in the area
By Jessie Ho
STAFF REPORTER
Saturday, Apr 21, 2007, Page 12

Taipei's already high property prices may rally further following a record-setting winning bid for a plot of land north of Taipei Railway Station on Thursday.
Taipei-based Huang Hsiang Construction Corp (皇翔建設) edged out eight competing bidders by offering NT$5.34 billion (US$161.09 million), or NT$3.88 million per ping (3.3m2), for a 1,375.77-ping (4,548m2) tract of land at the intersection of Chengde Road and Civic Boulevard.

The winning bid is almost twice the floor price set by the owner -- Taiwan Motor Transport Co (台汽客運).

The offer for the land located in the city's downtown Tatung District (大同) also broke the record set by Rich Development Co (力麟建設), which offered more than NT$2.91 billion for a 957.72-ping land in Zhongzheng District (中正) last Saturday.

Huang Hsiang plans to build an upscale residential and commercial complex and will start pre-sales in the first half of next year at the earliest.

"The selling price at the planned complex will certainly be higher than those at current presale properties in the district and will likely drive up housing prices in the area," Sinyi Real Estate Inc (信義房屋), the nation's largest housing agent, said in a research note yesterday.

The prices of properties north of Taipei Railway Station have long trailed those south of the station, where department stores and shops concentrate. But the area is rapidly catching up, as the station serves as a nerve center for railway, high-speed rail, mass rapid transit, long-haul highway and in the future -- airport MRT -- travel.

Banking on the business potential brought by this huge and expanding crowd of passengers, several construction companies have started to develop new shopping malls, office buildings, hotels and other entertainment facilities in the area.

The average price of land in the area therefore jumped from NT$1.06 million per ping at the end of last year to yesterday's NT$3.88 million per ping bid -- a 266 percent increase in merely four months, Sinyi Real Estate said.

Huang Hsiang is expected to price its residential units at the future complex at more than NT$400,000 per ping, making it the highest in the district, said Su Chi-jung (蘇啟榮), director of Sinyi Real Estate's planning division.

Market speculation had it that Huang Hsiang planned to sell the units for NT$600,000 per ping and pocket NT$12 billion in total.

Given Huang Hsiang's high yields and brisk sales, Mega International Investment Services Co (兆豐投顧) has a "buy" rating on the stock with a price target of NT$117.

That represents a 46.6 percent upside from Huang Hsiang's closing price of NT$79.8 on the Taiwan Stock Exchange yesterday.

Huang Hsiang posted a net profit of NT$2.25 billion, or NT$11.17 per share, last year, more than double its earnings of NT$954.44 million, or NT$5.22 per share, in 2005.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 3:37 AM

i am wondering if the design of Cathay hotel has been changed, since i saw that rendering long time ago and i think the design is just so so, but if the height is really 194m i can careless about the design...

btw, thx for all the updates taiwan ren
keep them coming XD

Last edited by cps0330; May 1, 2007 at 6:05 AM.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 3:44 AM
Bamboo Tiger

cps0330, it's sad indeed when feng shui trumps basic design principles.

Last edited by Coyett; May 1, 2007 at 3:51 AM.

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 8:10 AM

so is it really 194m?

Old Posted May 1, 2007, 6:58 PM
ROF

Shuinan Airport Site(not the final result):

#4: a Dome Stadium.
#7: an arch? like "Grande Arche"? hee
#13: a 300m Tower.

The website is down somehow:
http://www.tasr.com.tw/

btw.
I was wondering if the taipei city government has started to plan what to do with the Sungshan airport site. I think Hao has mentioned that he will close down the airport after the Taoyuan Airport-Taipei MRT line is completed.

Old Posted Jun 14, 2007, 6:16 AM
ROF

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duabi View Post

apparently an offshoot of taipei 101 with the stacking chinese takeout boxes design, only worse. brown, uninspiring, ugly. very taiwanese. the govt. really should force every local architect to get retrained overseas.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 1:51 AM

Quote:
can u say G-A-W-D-Y ?
a typical hideous taiwanese design beloved by so many...
any crack house in the hood has more style than this POS.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2007, 2:23 AM

nangang exhibition hall. i dont know, looks like a nice looking airport hangar to me, not a convention center. better than the old trade center in xinyi at least. but it would look much better if it was all glass.

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 4:19 AM
@x@ ~ xW

once the nangang exhibition hall is open.. i heard they are moving computex to the nangang area from TWTC.. are they moving the entire event or just holding it in 2 venues?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2007, 9:44 AM
be nice to the crackheads

Quote:
Oh dear. No, this won't do at all....

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 11:26 PM

old pics of nangang business district taken in 12/06.

the mrt station in front of the nangang exhibition hall:

more additions to nangang software park:

Last edited by Razqal; Jun 19, 2007 at 11:51 PM.

Old Posted Jun 19, 2007, 11:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanford View Post
once the nangang exhibition hall is open.. i heard they are moving computex to the nangang area from TWTC.. are they moving the entire event or just holding it in 2 venues?
yes, they will move computex to nangang next year as well as the other top 3 conventions at twtc.

i've seen differing statistics about nangang. some sources say it's "double" the size of twtc, some say it's only 1/3 bigger. the number of booths at nangang is only slightly more than twtc. the twtc consists of 4 buildings including a hotel, so i dont see how this nangang exhibition hall is "double" the size of twtc, unless they're just comparing it to the twtc exhibition hall.

then in taipei times last year it reported that the new nangang hall is still smaller than other exhibition halls in other cities like shangai, singapore, etc. taiwanese officials apparently didnt want to "overbuild" capacity, but i think that's short-term thinking, imo. look how the twtc has outgrown its capacity. now they have to build another one miles away which makes it inconvenient to travel between the two convention centers, even if they will be connected by mrt.

looking at pics of the xinyi area, just seems like there's still alot of unused empty land parcels/parking lots laying around. in addition, they've been building all those malls, department stores and low-rise buildings which i think is a waste of real estate. and there's all those old, small, crappy buildings surrounding xinyi. why couldnt they just consolidate all that land, parking lots, knock down some of those those old, crappy, concrete buildings that are just eyesores not to mention worthless culturally and architecturally, hire a foreign architect like cesar pelli, antonio callatravas, skidmore owings, etc. and build a super sleek, world-class convention center complex? other cities like shanghai, seoul, etc. are totally knocking down buildings and rebuilding their cities virtually overnight. taiwan really needs some long term, grand thinking and world-class architecture.

just my two cents.

Last edited by Razqal; Jun 19, 2007 at 11:34 PM.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 2:21 AM
extroverted geek

Yep, but the neoliberal pan-green view is that Shanghai is Communist, with grand collusion between government and big business.

On a more realistic note, the public backlash from these huge projects is considerable. With the currently questionable ability of ROC to implement effective governance, I think these huge projects may not be possible until the political situation stabilizes. Until then, empty land will continue to be the easy targets and Taiwan's cities will continue to sprawl.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 8:49 AM
Bamboo Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by superchan7 View Post
Yep, but the neoliberal pan-green view is that Shanghai is Communist, with grand collusion between government and big business.

On a more realistic note, the public backlash from these huge projects is considerable. With the currently questionable ability of ROC to implement effective governance, I think these huge projects may not be possible until the political situation stabilizes. Until then, empty land will continue to be the easy targets and Taiwan's cities will continue to sprawl.
It has nothing to do with the pan-greens, responsibility for Taipei's poor urban renewal laws rest entirely with the city government. With control of the council and mayor's office, the KMT has the power to address many of these problems. The fact that they have decided to do nothing speaks volumes about the man seeking the presidency. Where is the leadership? Where's the vision?

Old Posted Jun 20, 2007, 3:39 PM
Bamboo Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
other cities like shanghai, seoul, etc. are totally knocking down buildings and rebuilding their cities virtually overnight. taiwan really needs some long term, grand thinking and world-class architecture.
I don't know.......perhaps Shanghai will someday look back and regret not following Taipei's urban model.

Xinyi

Lujiazuii

Old Posted Jun 23, 2007, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razqal View Post
why couldnt they just consolidate all that land, parking lots, knock down some of those those old, crappy, concrete buildings
The government just can't. What you are asking is a city government to knock down hundreds of buildings in several city blocks, force thousands people move away from their homes and build a new business/convention/shopping center. This kind of thing can only happen in countries with autocratic government. Too bad that Taipei's early development was without a proper plan when the government had the power to do whatever it wants to do. Now, what the government can do is to build big projects in new places and gradually shift the city center to there.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2007, 4:56 AM

Taiwan's model is good. We should have tall buildings only at selected areas as marks of landscape. Places like Shanghai and Hong Kong will one day realise that taiwan's landscape is more in line with humanity. Well done Taiwan, just follow up with the metro infrastructure and severage masterplan.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2007, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cclo View Post
The government just can't. What you are asking is a city government to knock down hundreds of buildings in several city blocks, force thousands people move away from their homes and build a new business/convention/shopping center. This kind of thing can only happen in countries with autocratic government. Too bad that Taipei's early development was without a proper plan when the government had the power to do whatever it wants to do. Now, what the government can do is to build big projects in new places and gradually shift the city center to there.

BRING BACK CHIANG KAI SHEK!!!! (just kidding )

actually, in the u.s. there's a law called 'eminent domain' that allows the government to take over private property to be used for the good of the public. this includes the construction of highways, public transit, housing as well as commercial development like malls, offices, retail stores, etc. so this doesnt just happen in autocratic countries. doesnt taiwan have such a law? how did they build the mrt in taipei and kaohsiung?

anyway, the taipei government along with developers can always try to purchase the private properties around xinyi to use for development.

Last edited by Razqal; Jun 24, 2007 at 1:02 AM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > Taiwan