HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jun 26, 2020, 2:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
They're building this parking garage so they can build on all the surface parking on their campus, i.e. achieve their master plan.

I'll tell you right now how everything will settle. A vaccine will be developed, people will get vaccinated, COVID will be over, and it will be back to business as usual. This will take a couple years, about as long as it takes to build a tech hub.
With many of their HQ employees working remotely, I'm betting they are thinking about how all of their current space is utilized. The whole communal work space idea might not be such a hot idea anymore. Who knows how it will play out but I would love to see that entire master campus plan come to fruition.

Old Posted Jun 27, 2020, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
That tech hub is on hold from what I heard due to Covid. I'm thinking they don't want to rush to build an office space before seeing how everything settles.
Who are your sources on the claim that the tech hub is on hold??

Old Posted Jun 29, 2020, 2:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
Who are your sources on the claim that the tech hub is on hold??
Just some people at HEB who said that they are looking at how all the space they currently have is utilized. Guess they are seeing if they need to change their plans? I could be wrong too so don't take it as gospel.

Old Posted Jul 6, 2020, 9:28 PM

Nice little article in The Rivard Report.

https://therivardreport.com/construc...ntown-streets/

It would look like any other weekday in downtown San Antonio if not for the absence of summer tourists and office workers on the nearly empty streets and sidewalks and a River Walk left mostly to a few locals and the herons.

What has not changed during the coronavirus pandemic are the sights and sounds of construction on nearly every block.

Workers in hard hats and reflective safety vests make up the most visible population on downtown streets where orange traffic cones and blue-steel cranes seem to signify the show must go on.

Considered an essential business, construction has plowed ahead during the crisis, and

Old Posted Jul 27, 2020, 11:31 PM

From SABJ:

**The largest permit pulled was for a $32 million construction project, issued to an unknown registrant at the future site of South Flores Lofts at 215 E. Cevallos St., a nearly 300-unit residential project in Southtown. Developer Rajeev Puri confirmed during a Planning Commission hearing for another project that the apartments would break ground next month. Another permit was pulled for the same address for $3 million in parking.

**Another downtown conversion received a permit for a $5.6 million project, the redevelopment of the 10-story Real Estate Building, according to the city. Last year, the Business Journal reported the building would be converted from apartments to a 41-room hotel by a local development team made up of partners Craig Glendenning and Uri Villarreal. However, the plan is luxury apartments again, Glendenning said, after planned operator Stay Alfred ceased operations. He said he has been incrementally applying for permits throughout the development, which is four months away from occupancy.

I couldn't find the individual thread for these projects so I posted them here.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 4:19 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAguy View Post
From SABJ:

**The largest permit pulled was for a $32 million construction project, issued to an unknown registrant at the future site of South Flores Lofts at 215 E. Cevallos St., a nearly 300-unit residential project in Southtown. Developer Rajeev Puri confirmed during a Planning Commission hearing for another project that the apartments would break ground next month. Another permit was pulled for the same address for $3 million in parking.

**Another downtown conversion received a permit for a $5.6 million project, the redevelopment of the 10-story Real Estate Building, according to the city. Last year, the Business Journal reported the building would be converted from apartments to a 41-room hotel by a local development team made up of partners Craig Glendenning and Uri Villarreal. However, the plan is luxury apartments again, Glendenning said, after planned operator Stay Alfred ceased operations. He said he has been incrementally applying for permits throughout the development, which is four months away from occupancy.

I couldn't find the individual thread for these projects so I posted them here.
Thanks for posting this, but I think they must have that address wrong. 215 E Cevallos is where the Cevallos Lofts are. Maybe it's 215 W Cevallos?

Old Posted Jul 29, 2020, 12:30 PM

The first 3 images on Ryoak Real Estate’s website show the 1334 S. Flores project: https://www.ryoak.com/development . One of these must be the $32 million project, must be mislabeled on SABJ.

Looks like they are renovating the ‘historic’ building on S. Flores to mixed use and building a more typical 4-5 story building in the back (see third image). I like what they’re doing on Flores although the second image condos looks a little Too ski chalet for the context.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:30 PM

Some people formed an organization called the San Antonio Stockyards Historical Society. Apparently its main purpose is to create a Stockyard District like what is in Fort Worth and turn it into a major tourist attraction. So far so good, most of the SA Stockyard site is still intact, although converted to industrial purposes, but it could be turned into some type of Old West cowboy type place. But no, that's not their plan. Instead they propose converting one of two other properties, either the Friedrich complex on E Commerce, or the Scobey complex, next to VIA Centro Plaza. Their plans are... far-fetched I think describes them. Part of the Friedrich plan involves planting an eighteen-foot wide grassy strip down the middle of E Commerce so they can do daily "cattle drives".

Friedrich plans
https://sashs.org/wp-content/uploads...ncept_modm.pdf

Scobey plans
https://sashs.org/wp-content/uploads...s_Scobey-4.pdf

SASHS website

SABJ article about this

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio