HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Mar 9, 2020, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlHawks View Post
Any pics from the inside?
I don't have pics, but it's a pretty straight-forward little store. More groceries than I anticipated. Some fresh refrigerated things, a whole aisle of pasta/cereal/etc, back wall is entirely beverages, and space for cold beer (not stocked yet). Very simple. Concrete floors, no decorations. It doesn't overlap as much as I thought it might with QT (which focuses on prepared foods), CVS (focuses on beauty/medicine/etc), or Savi (focus on more expensive foods, wine, sandwiches). Overall I think a great addition to Midtown.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 8:29 PM

https://whatnowatlanta.com/rendering...colony-square/

Shake Shack is coming to Colony Square

Old Posted Mar 11, 2020, 11:26 PM

AMC Madison Yards

Old Posted Mar 31, 2020, 6:17 PM

‘Activity-Based’ Hospitality Brand To Star Metals

This probably means no grocery store at Star Metals.

https://whatnowatlanta.com/social-en...o-star-metals/
Quote:
Social Entertainment Ventures, the London-based hospitality company behind Bounce, AceBounce, Flight Club, Hijingo, Puttshack, and Wonderball, is bringing one of its “activity-based” concepts to Star Metals, according to a press release Tuesday.

The specific concept was not disclosed but is scheduled to open in summer 2021, occupying a 10,000-square-foot space in at Star Metals Offices within the under-construction Star Metals Atlanta development.

Puttshack can likely be ruled out because Social Entertainment Ventures is opening a location in The Interlock nearby.

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 1:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
This probably means no grocery store at Star Metals.

https://whatnowatlanta.com/social-en...o-star-metals/
But there's supposed to be a grocery store a block up the street at the GA Tech development at 14th, right?

Old Posted Apr 1, 2020, 3:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivtim View Post
But there's supposed to be a grocery store a block up the street at the GA Tech development at 14th, right?
Actually, there is a grocery store planned in The Interlock phase II development that will front Northside Drive. This one seems more likely to become a reality since it has 40,000 sf for the grocer.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 1:17 PM

I thought this was a little weird - Starbucks filed a planning permit for 625 Boulevard (east side of the street, between Ponce and North). "Construction of Starbucks restaurant on two parcels facing Boulevard." Looks like it's currently a house, and maybe also the commercial building on North. But it says specifically it will face Boulevard. Good to see development along Boulevard here, even if it is just a Starbucks. This stretch is held back because of perceived crime and the subsidized housing.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 1:20 PM

Planning permit filed for a microbrewery in EAV at 539 Flat Shoals.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 2:13 PM

Quote:
I thought this was a little weird - Starbucks filed a planning permit for 625 Boulevard (east side of the street, between Ponce and North). "Construction of Starbucks restaurant on two parcels facing Boulevard." Looks like it's currently a house, and maybe also the commercial building on North. But it says specifically it will face Boulevard. Good to see development along Boulevard here, even if it is just a Starbucks. This stretch is held back because of perceived crime and the subsidized housing.
I agree. A new Starbucks at that location is huge IMO.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 2:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
I agree. A new Starbucks at that location is huge IMO.
Chick-Fil-A is planning on replacing the Texaco at the SE corner of Ponce and Boulevard as well.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Planning permit filed for a microbrewery in EAV at 539 Flat Shoals.
This is a lot better news than more drive thrus coming to boulevard! We don’t need more drive thrus, especially in this area.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 3:22 PM

Quote:
This stretch is held back because of perceived crime and the subsidized housing.
LOL. Perceived? Shootings happen weekly on BLVD and it can be scary AF at night. I personally have witnessed 2 shootings within 50 ft from me. Don't get me wrong, I love the development wave that's happening near Ponce and North. But lets not kid ourselves, the crime and violence along BLVD is omnipresent. You're doing a disservice by labeling it "perceived."

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 5:24 PM

Did you report the shootings you saw? I just checked the APD stats and there have been two reported crimes all year on the stretch of Boulevard between Ponce and North - a midnight larceny of a fast food restaurant in January, and one motor vehicle theft in February. Just for comparison, within one block of my condo in Midtown this year there's a reported street robbery with a gun, five cases of larceny from motor vehicle, a motor vehicle theft, a bicycle theft, a residential larceny, two commercial burglaries, and a fraud case. So... yes, perceived.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 6:40 PM

Deleted

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Last edited by Atlriser; May 13, 2020 at 4:32 AM.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 6:43 PM

Quote:
Did you report the shootings you saw? I just checked the APD stats and there have been two reported crimes all year on the stretch of Boulevard between Ponce and North - a midnight larceny of a fast food restaurant in January, and one motor vehicle theft in February. Just for comparison, within one block of my condo in Midtown this year there's a reported street robbery with a gun, five cases of larceny from motor vehicle, a motor vehicle theft, a bicycle theft, a residential larceny, two commercial burglaries, and a fraud case. So... yes, perceived.
There’s been a lot of shootings near parkway and boulevard this year. A couple related to Airbnb parties. There are some weeks where gunshots are heard multiple nights in O4W. Lexis Nexis map makes this apparent, 3 this month with boulevard, parkway, and Morgan. More when you change the date range. I don’t believe either reports are encompassing as I’m aware of several that occurred and reported that I don’t see listed. APD files shootings as aggregated assault or battery.

https://communitycrimemap.com/?addre...14,15,16,17%5D

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 2:05 PM

It's like shivtm doesn't live near here.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 2:29 PM

Didn't mean to start some kind of argument about crime. I don't live on Boulevard, I live in Midtown, so I'll defer to those of you that live in that area about what crime you've seen, even if that stretch of the very northern part of Boulevard does not have any more reported crime than downtown or midtown in the police maps or Lexis Nexis maps. Many shootings could just go unreported for a variety of reasons. My point was that it's great to see development even if it's just a Starbucks - that's why I posted it in this restaurant thread when I saw it in Accela.

Old Posted May 13, 2020, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Didn't mean to start some kind of argument about crime. I don't live on Boulevard, I live in Midtown, so I'll defer to those of you that live in that area about what crime you've seen, even if that stretch of the very northern part of Boulevard does not have any more reported crime than downtown or midtown in the police maps or Lexis Nexis maps. Many shootings could just go unreported for a variety of reasons. My point was that it's great to see development even if it's just a Starbucks - that's why I posted it in this restaurant thread when I saw it in Accela.
It’s an interesting location for a starbucks nonetheless. Not what I’d prefer to go in... but I don’t think anyone here would expect otherwise from my perspective.

As for the APD stuff... I have been underwhelmed at their response and presence in the city. We could probably create another thread about them if people want to discuss one way or the other.

Old Posted Jun 8, 2020, 10:17 PM

Lee + White Central Food Hall

https://www.smithdalia.com/lee-white-central-food-hall/
Quote:
This new Central Food Hall is part of the redevelopment of the Lee + White property on Atlanta’s West Side. Once known as “Warehouse Row,” these 14 consecutive 1950s-era buildings serviced the former railroad line that is now the BeltLine’s Westside Trail.

The initial phase includes an airy new Food Hall that will expand Lee + White’s food offerings by 36,000 SF. SDA’s subsequent designs will chiefly encompass the adaptive-use of mid-century warehouses.

The busy property is attracting breweries and brewpubs, forging a craft beer hub in Atlanta. Spanning over 23 acres and ~430,000 SF, there is space for a 2-acre Biergarten. Reportedly hosting the most local brands on a single site in Atlanta, Lee + White’s entrepreneurs also offer inventive eateries, cocktails and confectioneries.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 3:36 PM

Seafood Retail Market Fishmonger Lands in Plaza on Ponce

https://whatnowatlanta.com/planned-s...laza-on-ponce/

Quote:
Nhan Le and Skip Engelbrecht, the owners of 8ARM and Octopus Bar, have secured a lease for their planned seafood retail concept Fishmonger. The 750-square-foot boutique market will be located in the Plaza on Ponce shopping center, according to a press release Tuesday from SRS Real Estate Partners. Fishmonger is slated to open early-spring 2021.

Fishmonger will offer fresh regional seafood for retail and wholesale as well as a small daily to-go lunch menu — house-made whitefish salads, house-made bottarga, regional oysters, soups, and sandwiches — in a boutique-style environment.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta