HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 11:41 PM

For what it's worth, the property pinpointed here was expropriated and will be demolished in order to build an extension to Alain Gillette St (located between Home Hardware and Guardian).

Old Posted Jul 20, 2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierremoncton View Post
For what it's worth, the property pinpointed here was expropriated and will be demolished in order to build an extension to Alain Gillette St (located between Home Hardware and Guardian).
I assume this extension will only be done once the Acadie Ave project is completed. I wonder if the plan is to extend Alain-Gillette past Gauvin and connect to Champlain across from College street. This would be a true North-South connector by-passing the downtown.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 1:18 AM
Moderator / Supervillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
I assume this extension will only be done once the Acadie Ave project is completed. I wonder if the plan is to extend Alain-Gillette past Gauvin and connect to Champlain across from College street. This would be a true North-South connector by-passing the downtown.
According to this plan from the city, that's exactly what they intend to do. Granted this is part of the draft municipal development plan but they do seem to be progressing with it, such as with last summer's realignment of rue Industriel.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 2:36 PM

I see they have plans for 2 more interchanges with the highway. 1st being at Industrial and the 2nd at the Airport. Interesting...

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 3:07 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Don't hold your breath . I'm sure it'll be 5 years before we see one at the airport and at least as long before we see one at Industriel.

The latter one I think will be quite interesting. It'll have a pretty significant impact on traffic patterns in the city.

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 7:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylesmalley View Post
Don't hold your breath . I'm sure it'll be 5 years before we see one at the airport and at least as long before we see one at Industriel.

The latter one I think will be quite interesting. It'll have a pretty significant impact on traffic patterns in the city.
I tend to agree... Specially that the work would possibly require the purchasing of a few residences on the opposite side of the highway equal to Industrial on Concorde Street, and possibly the demolition of what looks like a neighborhood park. and at the Airport it would also take some major work there is an on/off ramp already there but it's within the east bound lane only, and would have to be expanded to accommodate the traffic that would potentially use it... I will point out tho that I believe the Shediac Interchange was talked about along with the potential growth of residential, and commercial on/off of Shediac road Between Harisville, and Highway 2...

Old Posted Jul 21, 2015, 9:31 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

A photo of breakfast from K&T Seafood Diner. Very good food but it doesn't seem super busy. I am thinking not a lot of publicity around the switch around.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2015, 7:56 PM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

A new Thai Fast Food chain called Thaizone will be opening on Dieppe Boulevard. Founded in 2007, Thaïzone is one of the largest Thai fast food chains. It offers a wide selection of flavorful meals made from fresh products and best quality ingredients. To add to your experience, every order is custom made according to your taste and offered at a competitive price!
Thaizone now numbers more than 30 restaurants in many cities in Quebec, including our 3 ThaizoneMobile food trucks that criss cross the province. Each Thaizone has a modern yet welcoming design with open kitchens that let you discover the cooking secrets that make our food so good. It is the perfect place to share and enjoy unique Thai dishes with friends and family!
this will be the first location outside of Quebec/Ottawa and is anticipated to be open early fall 2015.

Old Posted Jul 23, 2015, 8:40 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Where on Dieppe Blvd?

Old Posted Jul 24, 2015, 12:29 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Where on Dieppe Blvd?
Didn't get that info but from the looks of it I am thinking in the complex behind Jean Coutu. There are still a few slots available and it would need to be set up fairly quickly for an October opening

Old Posted Jul 24, 2015, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewber View Post
Didn't get that info but from the looks of it I am thinking in the complex behind Jean Coutu. There are still a few slots available and it would need to be set up fairly quickly for an October opening
There is also plenty of space on the first floor of that building behind the Coop across from Jean-Coutu and in the building under construction next to NBLC. There is also a foundation in the ground for a fairly large building across the street from the strip mall that will house the new Dollarama. I don't know what that building will be but it is in a commercial area and strip mall shaped.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2015, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
There is also plenty of space on the first floor of that building behind the Coop across from Jean-Coutu and in the building under construction next to NBLC. There is also a foundation in the ground for a fairly large building across the street from the strip mall that will house the new Dollarama. I don't know what that building will be but it is in a commercial area and strip mall shaped.
There are also various lots on the soon to be built new section of Dieppe Blvd. I was looking up several real estate companies websites today, and notice a large number of newly posted adds for development land for sale some of it for Commercial use.

I'm wondering if Dieppe wants to try, and make a sorta large town feel with all the ready to be developed, and soon to be ready land with residential possibilities behind them.

Old Posted Jul 24, 2015, 2:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post

Where on Dieppe Blvd?

Here's a post on facebook from the owner:
Quote:
Im happy to announce the upcoming opening of a THAIZONE restaurant located at 330 Dieppe Boul in Dieppe.
It's the beginning of a great adventure !
Please like and share !
http://Www.thaizone.ca/en/
That is the building on the corner of Dieppe Blvd and Champlain (Irving, Pita Pit)

Old Posted Jul 24, 2015, 2:07 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by porkchops1977 View Post
That is the building on the corner of Dieppe Blvd and Champlain (Irving, Pita Pit)
Ah, that's the last empty unit in that building. Thanks!

Old Posted Jul 30, 2015, 8:01 PM

I drove by the Airport and construction has started on the large pad just across the street from the airport its self...Thoughts anyone?

Old Posted Jul 30, 2015, 8:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrivernb View Post
I drove by the Airport and construction has started on the large pad just across the street from the airport its self...Thoughts anyone?
That's the new Audi and Volkswagon dealership. Great to see them finally get started, they've had huge delays.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 5:32 PM

Dieppe is looking to annex some land Northeast of the Highway 2/15 interchange
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/new-br...size-1.3189475

Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 5:42 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
This is only the first phase of their evil plan.

Next Scoudouc, and then the ultimate prize - Shediac!!

Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 5:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benvui View Post
So they want to take over Lakeville? That's what it seems anyway, and as far as I know Lakeville is part of Moncton...

Old Posted Aug 13, 2015, 5:54 PM

I think Lakeville would be Northwest of that intersection, it would be on the otherside of highway 15.
I'm not sure how they can say they have no room to expand, there is a lot of unused land south of the airport in the lakeburn/painsec area

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces