HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 20, 2014, 8:29 PM

Old Posted Sep 21, 2014, 3:19 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-29253221

A BBC report on a climate change rally organized by the UN. Its awesome when the media picks up on your new favorite building! (It's like it can be the Empire State Building that's almost out of the screen, One 57's only half there. )

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 3:04 AM

Saw this driving to New Jersey and it really dominates everything in the midtown area and it really doesn't give off a too skinny look that I was afraid it would. I would of taken a picture but I was driving.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 3:26 PM
New Yorker for life

Marcos Costa

Resized

thebaldwhiteguy

Resized

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 3:49 PM

According to SSC. The Department of buildings ordered a Stop Work Order last Thursday. This was due to a formwork blowing out and 4 cubic yards of concrete falling onto adjacent property. This caused some sort of damage to a vehicle. As of today it appears situation has been resolved.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 7:05 PM

Only now, when it's almost topped out, it can be seen how tall is this building... Yet, acording to it's hight and number of floors, every floor must have been about 5 metres tall. Is it too much? I mean, this building coul have more floors...When you see so large windows, whole buiding apears much smaller then it actually is....

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 7:31 PM
Certified Idahoan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Bilic View Post
Only now, when it's almost topped out, it can be seen how tall is this building... Yet, acording to it's hight and number of floors, every floor must have been about 5 metres tall. Is it too much? I mean, this building coul have more floors...When you see so large windows, whole buiding apears much smaller then it actually is....
Rich people don't like low ceilings. This building is for premium real estate, not cramming as many floors as possible into a vertical space. I've noticed that development in general is trending toward higher ceilings. It does a lot for the morale of people, makes it feel like they are in a larger space.

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 7:33 PM

how close is this to topping out

Old Posted Sep 22, 2014, 7:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yackemflaber69 View Post
In the pictures above you can see the "mechanical floors". i.e. the 2 orange floors, then 12 residence floors, then 2 mechanical floors, then 12 residence floors, etc.

Only question is not sure if there are 2 more mechanical at the top???

You can see the last 2 mechanical levels a couple of floors below the black mesh at the top. So there will be 12 residence floors on top of those... either way, you can count up and visualize the final height now.

Last edited by HighwayStar; Sep 23, 2014 at 12:41 AM.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 12:02 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yackemflaber69 View Post
The core will be hidden when it's topped out, one of the few cases when I wish it weren't.

Mitch Waxman

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
The core will be hidden when it's topped out, one of the few cases when I wish it weren't.
I've never quite understood the top... from the renderings, etc.. it looks like the "top floor" is residential. This must mean that there are no more mechanical floors.. and the elevator top and the rest of the mechanics are actually on the roof.. correct ?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Bilic View Post
Do you think the sense of scale will be diminished by large windows while you're standing within a few blocks of this giant erectile beast?

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 2:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post
I've never quite understood the top... from the renderings, etc.. it looks like the "top floor" is residential. This must mean that there are no more mechanical floors.. and the elevator top and the rest of the mechanics are actually on the roof.. correct ?
I am almost certain that the top one or two floors will be mechanical.. not the open type floors that separate the sections - just mechanical. top penthouse would sit below these mechanical floors. if someone has a diagram that would be great - unfortunately i dont have time to go dig it up

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 2:57 PM
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallestPeePee View Post
Do you think the sense of scale will be diminished by large windows while you're standing within a few blocks of this giant erectile beast?
Seemed slightly so from 6th ave. But get a little closer you can tell how big the windows are, and then the true size of the thing hits you.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighwayStar View Post
From what I understand, and I may be wrong, windows continue two levels above the last residental floors, with the core continuing those same two levels and holding the mechanical stuff. It is basically a concrete parapet that looks exactly like the rest of the facade to mask the last two mechanical levels.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 7:52 PM

to those who believe that the big windows make it look smaller ,why don't you just compare it to citicorp and call it quits cause this thing is ridiculously tall

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 9:47 PM
BANNED

^No one is saying that it's not tall. It is ridiculously tall but it has ridiculously large window openings, which give an optical illusion that the building is shorter than it actually is. I've mentioned this before; scale becomes most apparent when there is a figure in the windows. It is then when most minds will be blown.

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallestPeePee View Post
Not from vicinity, but from distance yes....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^No one is saying that it's not tall. It is ridiculously tall but it has ridiculously large window openings, which give an optical illusion that the building is shorter than it actually is. I've mentioned this before; scale becomes most apparent when there is a figure in the windows. It is then when most minds will be blown.
Precisely that!

Old Posted Sep 23, 2014, 11:48 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertallchaser View Post
to those who believe that the big windows make it look smaller ,why don't you just compare it to citicorp and call it quits cause this thing is ridiculously tall
Don't feed the trolls, especially someone who's lone 2 post in the forum is basically the same statement, and people who only post to repeat the same thing.
I've seen that posted here a few times before, and its just not true, no matter how many times it's repeated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guiltyspark View Post
From what I understand, and I may be wrong, windows continue two levels above the last residental floors, with the core continuing those same two levels and holding the mechanical stuff.
It is basically a concrete parapet that looks exactly like the rest of the facade to mask the last two mechanical levels.
That's pretty much it.

Now, if anyone ever wonders why they call it (Manhattan) "the City"

Yusef A

daniel.frauchiger

Old Posted Sep 24, 2014, 12:03 AM
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

God, Citicorp used to be a spike. Now it's a midrise.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive