HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

432 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 12:58 AM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 4, 2014 at 1:19 AM.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 2:36 AM
BANNED

^ Simply astounding series here. Any guesses as to where these were taken from? Tell me it's somewhere the public is welcome ..and where drinks are served.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 2:49 AM

How tall is it at the moment?

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 2:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
^ Simply astounding series here. Any guesses as to where these were taken from? Tell me it's somewhere the public is welcome ..and where drinks are served.
+1

The Queensboro Bridge is so awesome. The picture was probably taken from this building on 11th Street.
https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7505.../data=!3m1!1e3

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 3:57 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlippo1 View Post
and the problem with that is????? Are the 1% taking all the construction jobs this project provided or what about the service jobs this building will create, the 1% taking those? These projects are GREAT for New York, geesh

Read post #6493

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 2:51 PM
New Yorker for life

New Yorkish...

by NYC♥NYC

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 4:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyguy_7 View Post
They were taken from the top of the Z hotel in Long Island City. There is a bar up there, so yes, drinks can be served.

I keep forgetting how beautiful the city is. Living here for most of my life, makes me take certain thibgs for granted in this city. 432 Park is just the beginning of an amazing transformation of the city's skyline.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 4:40 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 6:42 PM

Capital building! I love the simplicity.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 8:17 PM

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 1:38 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 4:17 PM

I think it's fair to say by now that anyone who still thinks that this is turning out to like like a beanpole is fulla beans.

While it is perspectively speaking closer to the viewer than ESB, it still looks mammoth.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 4:39 PM
BANNED

^Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian View Post
They were taken from the top of the Z hotel in Long Island City. There is a bar up there, so yes, drinks can be served..
Thanks! Just booked a room there for later this month.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
On that same note, I see a few people complaining about more "towers for the rich", and yet not take into account the very small footprint these towers have on the city.
Who cares who lives up there? Would people really be happier if the penthouse units went for $5 to $10 million instead of $90 to $100? Would it be better if the top floor
were some office for a wealthy CEO getting ready for another multi-million bonus?
True... it's still a feat of engineering and something that will, for better or worse, be a part of the NY skyline. Anyone ever seen movies with futuristic NYC's? Everyone agrees there are more to come-- it's the new norm. So, whether for "residential" or office... doesn't matter. Just wish there were more obs decks... lol

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoanofarc View Post
True... it's still a feat of engineering and something that will, for better or worse, be a part of the NY skyline. Anyone ever seen movies with futuristic NYC's? Everyone agrees there are more to come-- it's the new norm. So, whether for "residential" or office... doesn't matter. Just wish there were more obs decks... lol
Its the new norm over a very long period of time. Don't expect 10 1,300 footers to raising up all at once, the market couldn't support that. There is going to be a lengthy lull after the building boom is over, expect it. Many towers will make it through but not all will.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 11:40 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
Its the new norm over a very long period of time. Don't expect 10 1,300 footers to raising up all at once, the market couldn't support that. There is going to be a lengthy lull after the building boom is over, expect it. Many towers will make it through but not all will.
which buildings won't make it?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 12:20 AM

I think Onn's observation was a generalization. As long as we see this boom continuingthe ones that have at least begun groundwork most likely won't be on the casualty list.
Now, if a sudden sharp economic downturn or bubble-burst happens while a certain project is undergoing CB/council review or paperwork what have you, that project will most likely be put on life support till the next upswing in hopes of being picked up where left off. Alas, not all of these will be the beneficiary of that sort of luck.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 1:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eveningsong View Post
which buildings won't make it?
Hard to say right now. 432 Park, Nordstorm Tower, and Tower Verre are probably all in the clear though, and Hudson Yards. Beyond that I don't know.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 3:40 PM

What's the current height and how many meters left to go?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 3:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onn View Post
Hard to say right now. 432 Park, Nordstorm Tower, and Tower Verre are probably all in the clear though, and Hudson Yards. Beyond that I don't know.

I keep noticing these towers being proposed and built in NYC with slightly lower rooftops than Sears Tower. Why can't New York, just for the sake of fun push it a little deeper into the sky and get a roof top height taller than the sears tower, at long last???

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive