HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Old Posted Sep 29, 2008, 2:21 AM

PARAÑAQUE | PAGCOR Tower | 665 M / 2182 FT | 112 FLOORS

Originally Posted by MY_maka_mandag View Post
Billion $ paradise - Manila stakes its claim

In two years, the Philippines will be ready to go toe-to-toe with the best of what Macau and the rest of Asia have to offer in terms of gaming and entertainment when its own version of Las Vegas-the 90-hectare Bagong Nayon Pilipino-Manila Bay Integrated City (BNP-MBIC)-commences operation.

Birds-eye view on four concepts

Pagcor refused to divulge the specific features of their projects pending the signing of the contracts although it gave some highlights of the concepts.
Aruze Corp., a global manufacturer and distributor of gaming machines and known as having ties with the Wynn Resorts, proposed the development of the Okada Resort Manila Bay--an integrated resort with 2,000 standard rooms and 300 VIP suites.
Its main features would be an oceanarium touted to be the world's largest, theaters, a sports arena, a special museum, and a giant Ferris wheel similar to the London Eye that will be called the "Manila Eye."
Genting Berhad, with its partners Star Cruises and Philippine property giant Alliance Global Group Inc., is planning to build several hotels with a minimum room capacity of 2,000 rooms, a world-class theme park, a museum, and a tower that will be the tallest in the world.
The Genting Berhad Group owns the Genting Highlands Resort in Malaysia and holds the exclusive development rights of film giant Universal Studios in Asia. Sources say the company is putting up another Universal Studios in the Manila Bay Integrated City and will be among the first entertainment facilities that will be completed there."Most likely that is what they would do and that is also what we want," a Pagcor insider said.
SM Investments Corporation, the Philippine retail giant which owns three of the top ten biggest malls in the world, proposed to build a world-class gaming facility in partnership with Asia Pacific Gaming of Australia, a major luxury hotel to be managed by Radisson Hotels & Resorts, a museum and a sports arena. All will be built beside the SM Mall of Asia, touted as the largest in the region.
Bloombury Investments, meanwhile, plans to build three luxury hotels with a total capacity of 1,500 rooms, with high-end retail shopping, celebrity-themed dining, a showroom and museum, and a major entertainment and sports center.

Tourist lure to include mega sport events

Pagcor will be in the running to garner a share of the estimated 200 million Chinese travelers that will be vacationing throughout Asia.
Attractions such as the Manila Eye by Aruze Corp., the Tower by Genting Berhad, the numerous museums, additional hotel accommodation, as well as the sports and entertainment shows that will be featured at the Manila Bay Integrated City will make the capital city comparable to renowned tourist magnets such as Paris, London, Bangkok and Tokyo.
He said the road system there will also be tailored fit to host F1 racing, while the sports arenas will be used as venues for international basketball, tennis and boxing events. Genuino said current World Boxing Council super featherweight champion Manny Pacquiao, who has become a global boxing icon due to his numerous conquests in Las Vegas fights, will definitely be strutting his wares in one of its big arenas.
On the economic front, Genuino said the Bagong Nayon Pilipino-Manila Bay Integrated City will triple Pagcor's revenue to US$1.5 billion, half of which will go to the national treasury, aside from the ripples it will create in the construction, hotel, restaurant and other tourism-related industries.
"This project represents Pagcor's shift from mere gaming into wholesome, family-oriented recreation and entertainment. With this, we aim to make Pagcor the catalyst for economic progress and national development," he said.

source:http://www.macaubusiness.com/index.php?id=1186
by Max V. de Leon

The PAGCOR TOWER at day

The PAGCOR TOWER at night

Last edited by Urbannizer; Apr 17, 2014 at 12:51 AM.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2008, 3:08 AM
Content provider

interesting. never heard of it

Old Posted Sep 29, 2008, 3:10 AM
Stay Thirsty.

Looks nice, I suppose. But shouldn't this be in the 'Supertalls' thread?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2008, 6:19 AM
The Time To Build Is Now

An impressive structure. The tallest tower to rise in Southeast Asia since the Petronas.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2008, 6:30 AM
The World Is Welcome Here

Great tower! Glad to see the phillipines getting some awesome highrises.... but this needsto be in the supertall section

Plyg, Metrosexual, & AVENian

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 4:33 AM

Impressive heights but scary design, one reason for it is because it is pretty comparable to a stick with round edges being placed upward. It looks like it's going to get knock over if there's a typhoon near by. Plus the greenness makes it look like some type of alien structure and what I've been reading is that the area that this project is supposedly going to be placed on isn't really safe. But I wouldn't mind visiting the Philippines if it's built.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 4:40 AM
Future God

I'm sorry, I love Manila and The Philippines, but that thing looks completely ridiculous...like it was proposed for some 1950's or 60's worlds fair.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 11:15 AM

^ +1

Agreed, this looks rather awful.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 11:33 PM

This proposal from 2008 is long dead.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pagcor_Tower

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 12:54 AM
The Vomit Bag.

sometimes death is better.
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Apr 16, 2014, 7:55 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

MOVE TO Vision:

PARAÑAQUE | PAGCOR Tower | 665 M / 2182 FT | 112 FLOORS
(per Wiki)

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects