HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Feb 2, 2021, 3:21 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawford View Post
Yeah, I don't understand the opposition to micro-units. The right is like "that looks like a dystopian hellhole; everyone needs to live in a McMansion on 10 acres" and the left is like "how dare working class people live in such small quarters; we need subsidized housing with more space than the market rate housing".

I lived in something that would qualify as a micro-unit, for years, and my quality of life was very high. Lots of people would trade space for location and amenities.
Exactly. It if helps with costs, folks will take it. For many folks out there, if they could have their monthly costs cut, which micro units would make possible, and in the mass quantity needed in "X" city... it would do wonders for that person.

The issue with these places is the lack of supply, to many folks wanting to live in certain cities, and if micro units can help the demand, I don't get the opposition to them.

Tons of folks are for the lifestyle, and as mentioned, amenities. Not many folks need 3000-4000+ sq ft.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions