HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Jan 9, 2010, 6:51 AM
Mile High Guy

Nice shot. Would look even better at night and once Embassy Suites is complete.

Old Posted Jan 10, 2010, 11:58 PM
Endless Moments...

Nice panos. Denver is looking very nice...

Wizard's First Rule: People are stupid; given proper motivation, almost anyone will believe almost anything. Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2010, 2:38 AM
Up Up and Away

Wow, 14th St has really changed.

Old Posted Jan 19, 2010, 4:15 AM

put this in the local Denver thread but it belongs here too. Photos from RDS70.

Old Posted Jan 28, 2010, 4:57 PM
mmmmkay

I don't get to this side of town very often

Old Posted Jan 29, 2010, 6:22 AM

Very cool shot.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Jan 29, 2010, 5:10 PM
Up Up and Away

We need something right in the middle.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2010, 9:28 PM
Mile High City

That's what I've always said. In the middle, but to a little to the left, and tall.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2010, 1:47 AM
Mile High Guy

We need some updates on here of our many projects.

Not to mention, we need the Denver Wikipedia page updated with more recent pictures.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2010, 9:29 AM
Robotic Construction

Which photos do you want to use to update this thread? Are there any other projects you want added to it?

Old Posted Jun 21, 2010, 2:09 PM
Stay Thirsty.

I made the mistake of looking at the first post of this thread. Now, I'm very sad.

Not really that much to update, really. Besides, I'd rather wait to see if we could complete the picture from the first post...yeah right.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2010, 2:48 PM

Man, Two Tabor would really help break up the flat top appearance downtown Denver has. That ugly spire atop the Four Seasons doesn't count, it looks cheap and bad.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2010, 5:24 PM
Up Up and Away

I guess there isn't much going on in Denver?

Old Posted Aug 11, 2010, 12:51 AM

Yeah just check out the Denver regional thread. That's where they all post.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Aug 11, 2010, 6:57 AM
Mile High City

I'm pretty sure pablosan knows that. But I'm still confused. I would assume pablosan knows of the current construction of the History Colorado Museum, the Clifford Still Art Museum, the massive Union Station redevelopment, the newly announced DIA lightrail terminal & Westin Hotel, the newly announced and ultra sexy DaVita HQ, the Ralph Carr Judicial Complex and Colorado State Judicial Building (the site is being readied with the current demolition of the old Colorado State Judicial Building), the planned Highland Crossing, and the recent completion/near completion of Solera and Embassy Suites. There are also a handful of dense apartment complexes going up throughout the city; such as Skye which is not yet finished, along with the current construction of the last phase of the East Village complex along Park Ave. There is more I'm forgetting or not including in the list.

There may not be a lot going up that is above 12+ stories, with the exception of future construction sites like DaVita, DIA Westin, or the Colorado State Judicial Building (the brand spanking new Four Seasons and Embassy Suites have yet to even open!). Denver may be witnessing the end of its current skyscraper boom, but there is development occurring all over. At the civic center, four major projects are underway; all within a couple blocks of each other. I see our city's current growth as a needed infrastructure and civic boom. Preparing they city for more growth, and more skyscrapers and to come. Probably, hopefully, sooner rather than later.

Last edited by Crush_Buds; Aug 11, 2010 at 7:33 AM.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2010, 7:55 AM

Exactly, I thought he posted on that thread, so I thought it odd of him to ask that question here. Though I guess this thread could use periodic updating.

www.UtahProjects.info

Old Posted Aug 12, 2010, 1:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush_Buds View Post
I'm pretty sure pablosan knows that. But I'm still confused. I would assume pablosan knows of the current construction of the History Colorado Museum, the Clifford Still Art Museum, the massive Union Station redevelopment, the newly announced DIA lightrail terminal & Westin Hotel, the newly announced and ultra sexy DaVita HQ, the Ralph Carr Judicial Complex and Colorado State Judicial Building (the site is being readied with the current demolition of the old Colorado State Judicial Building), the planned Highland Crossing, and the recent completion/near completion of Solera and Embassy Suites. There are also a handful of dense apartment complexes going up throughout the city; such as Skye which is not yet finished, along with the current construction of the last phase of the East Village complex along Park Ave. There is more I'm forgetting or not including in the list.

There may not be a lot going up that is above 12+ stories, with the exception of future construction sites like DaVita, DIA Westin, or the Colorado State Judicial Building (the brand spanking new Four Seasons and Embassy Suites have yet to even open!). Denver may be witnessing the end of its current skyscraper boom, but there is development occurring all over. At the civic center, four major projects are underway; all within a couple blocks of each other. I see our city's current growth as a needed infrastructure and civic boom. Preparing they city for more growth, and more skyscrapers and to come. Probably, hopefully, sooner rather than later.
Like many cities Denver overbuilt during the boom. There are still a few projects going up now, and several planned, but nowhere near the amount of just a few years ago. I work in construction and had to leave the city because there wasn't enough work. I know many others in design/construction/engineering that did the same thing, and even a few that stayed and are unemployed. It looks like things are starting to improve though. Once the infrastructure for Union Station is finished in the next 1-2 years I think that area will boom even if the city itself won't see again the level of construction they saw from 2004-2008 for a long time. I'll probably return when things are looking better because the long-term growth potential is very good in Denver and along the Front Range.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2010, 10:55 PM
Robotic Construction

Crush_Buds, thanks for all the links to those projects. Post any or all infill projects you'd like to have added to this thread and I'll work on a major overhaul update. What I can do, is work on an update which will rebuild the compilation into three parts:

Part 1: 12+ stories (Proposed/Under Construction)
Part 2: 11 stories or less (Proposed/Under construction)
Part 3: Recently completed projects (last 5 years)

Also, rds70 maintains a great working Denver infill compilation list at his website: www.denver-cityscape.com

Old Posted Aug 18, 2010, 1:16 AM
Up Up and Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyAnderson View Post
Exactly, I thought he posted on that thread, so I thought it odd of him to ask that question here. Though I guess this thread could use periodic updating.
Exactly! This thread hasn't been updated.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2010, 11:30 PM
Robotic Construction

March 3rd, 2010:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnyderBock View Post
Which photos do you want to use to update this thread? Are there any other projects you want added to it?
August 11th, 2010:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush_Buds View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablosan View Post
Exactly! This thread hasn't been updated.
My point, from the time I asked for input as to the future of this thread and for which content to update it with, it took more than 5 months before anyone responded with what I was requesting. So of course it hasn't been updated.

During that time, no 12+ story projects have really been announced. Crush_Buds suggested new content under 12-stories. he then provided links to content to use in the update. This is exactly the type of input I was looking for.

This thread will be evolved into the following format:
Three sections: +12-stories; 11-stories & under; Recently completed.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations