HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:56 PM
Doctor Burncream

I wish I could go back to 1903. Tell them the big one has yet to come 110 years later and to reach for the stars and to forget any talks of a height ordinance. Tell them to go all out and build as high as they can go. Tell them to build 30 story Eastern Columbias and Richfields.

All of my Los Angeles updates can be found on my Flickr
Any extras can be found on my Instagram

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve2726 View Post
Damn what a beautiful building. The adaptive reuse potential of it would have been amazing. Such a waste to turn that into a parking lot.

There is another bldg......wasn't offices but an auditorium. It was in South Park. It was torn down for a proposed gas company bldg that never got built. They said it had good acoustics and could have made a great theater or concert hall. When I saw a photo, I couldn't believe it.........it was incredible. Apparently there were protests but no body listened. When people aren't watching, the good stuff gets taken away.

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:22 PM

Views from earlier today:

Old Posted Today, 2:43 AM

Not sure if this was posted before, but apparently Broad and Seele have agreed to put off fighting about the lawsuit for a year to get the project done (otherwise known as "mitigating your damages"). The article says that the appearance will not be affected by the dispute. http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...002-story.html.

Meanwhile, DTLA has a new boarding school. Nice idea to use some of the space - maybe it'll start a trend. http://www.latimes.com/local/educati...ry.html#page=1

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations