HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 3, 2014, 6:33 AM

I can't find any info on the 7200 Main tower, what's going on with that ?

Old Posted Aug 3, 2014, 7:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveNewWorld View Post
I can't find any info on the 7200 Main tower, what's going on with that ?
i dont believe anything new has been released on that project. its owned by the same people that are developing the Springwoods Village project, and they put a variance request in back in January(?).

there was quite an update by Urbannizer over on HAIF the other day, i was waiting for the updates to be posted here but they havent made their way over so im going to go ahead and post them here.

21 story 378 unit residential tower for the Texas Medical Center

800,000 sq ft 4 star Hotel & Residences tower (potential W[?]) at Uptown Park

Trammel Crows Uptown Office Tower

First sketches of the 40 story residential tower at Post Oak and San Felipe
745,000 sq ft

Kirby Grove/Levy Park - Upper Kirby

Last edited by Urbannizer; Aug 4, 2014 at 9:46 PM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 12:12 PM

Another report on the status of office and industrial leases seems to point to continuing good times for the Houston market - 2.2 million sf of office absorption and 1.9 million sf of industrial absorption in the second quarter.

Houston’s Commercial Outlook Remains Healthy Entering the Second Half of 2014

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 8:33 PM

One of the companies expanding is Frank's International, which has recently expanded to four floors in Westchase and will take over the entire building, says HBJ.

Oilfield services company expands in Houston, Alvin and Louisiana

And new oil and gas companies keep getting minted (or spun off).

Paragon Offshore completes spinoff from Noble Corp., begins trading

Terminals startup Zenith Energy gets $600 million infusion

Last edited by Urbannizer; Aug 4, 2014 at 9:42 PM.

Old Posted Aug 4, 2014, 9:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston Chronicle
Greater Houston Partnership Building to go up next to downtown convention center

A 10-story Greater Houston Partnership Building and a parking garage behind it will be built directly north of the George R. Brown Convention Center.

The office building’s tenants will include the Greater Houston Partnership, Houston First Corp., the Greater Houston Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Center for Houston’s Future, said Ric Campo, Houston First’s chairman. Plans for future tenants include the Harris County-Houston Sports Authority and the Hotel & Lodging Association of Greater Houston, he said.

The parking garage will hold 1,900 spaces.

Both the office building and parking garage will have street-level retail, likely restaurants, Campo said.

The building’s iconic feature will be a 2,000-square-foot terrace offering a panoramic look at Discovery Green park, several hotels, a soon-to-be-renovated convention center facade, landscaped pedestrian walkways and sidewalk cafes as well as a dramatic view of the skyline, said Bob Harvey, president and CEO of the GHP.

Houston First owns the property and is developing the office/parking garage project which will cost about $76 million, Campo said.

The GHP will have the top two floors, which include the terrace.

The foundation of the office building was designed to allow it to support a future boutique hotel that would be built on top of it, Campo said.

Full Article: http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...er/#21137101=0

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 2:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Htowngrown View Post
I'll believe it when the cranes up!
The schedule for this may be believable. BisNow is reporting that Crescent has promoted two people to manage development - Joseph Pitchford and Dan Novelli. Novelli's now the CM for Crescent.

And another Houston company is on the prowl for office space.

BRS Labs on the hunt for a new Houston headquarters

Last edited by toxteth o'grady; Aug 5, 2014 at 4:49 PM.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 5:18 PM

Quote:
More luxury apartments headed for Washington Ave.

Morgan Group has started construction on its latest Pearl branded luxury apartment complex.

Pearl Washington is being developed at the corner of Washington Avenue and T.C. Jester, between downtown and Memorial Park.

The 5-story building will have 322 one-, two- and three-bedroom units over two levels of parking, the developer announced Tuesday. Units will range from 652 square feet to 1,443 square feet and each will have a balcony. Amenities will include a resort-style swimming pool with private cabanas and sun decks, two courtyards, a dog park and a bocce court.

Morgan, and co-developer LCB Holdings, plan to open in the complex in spring of 2016. Wells Fargo provided construction financing, and Dwell Design Studio is the architect.

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...ashington-ave/

Last edited by Urbannizer; Aug 5, 2014 at 5:48 PM.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 5:25 PM

Quote:
FPSF organizers moving on from Fitzgerald's partnership to open new three-stage venue

The successful concert promotion group behind Houston’s Free Press Summer Festival has secured land just north of downtown Houston to build a three-stage music venue complex with two indoor stages and an outdoor stage.

Pegstar Concerts head Jagi Katial said Monday the project has been two years in gestation. Plans for the development at 2915 N. Main and North Street were leaked onto Houston’s Reddit outpost Saturday afternoon in part from a resident who attended a meeting about the development, which lead to Katial wanting to clear the air on some details that were bandied about.

This new venue would call for Pegstar to leave its current digs at Fitzgerald’s music venue on White Oak Boulevard, and set up shop at the new site five minutes away. This new complex as of now does not have a name, Katial says. He predicts that the doors could be open by late 2015.

Full Article: http://www.chron.com/entertainment/m...#photo-6684060

Last edited by Urbannizer; Aug 5, 2014 at 5:44 PM.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 5:43 PM

I sure wish they'd find a creative way to incorporate the creek that runs near the property.

Last edited by toxteth o'grady; Aug 5, 2014 at 8:13 PM.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 7:05 PM
Dryer lint inspector

I wonder which corner those Pearl Apts are going up? The one with old office building or dumpy auto shop...hopefully auto shop.

Old Posted Aug 5, 2014, 8:13 PM

Swamplot had the story on the Pearl earlier. I think whatever was on the site has already been leveled.

Meanwhile, there's news that the Towering Inferno of Montrose may be rebuilt, as son as they decide whether the garage is structurally sound.

Developer plans to rebuild after Montrose apartment fire

Last edited by toxteth o'grady; Aug 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JManc View Post
I wonder which corner those Pearl Apts are going up? The one with old office building or dumpy auto shop...hopefully auto shop.
The corner with the auto shop. The site is already cleared for construction on the complex to begin.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 3:46 PM

Hi. I haven't been on skyscraperpage in a while now so half of this stuff I don't know about, but I have one question. Is generation park actually going to be built?

Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 4:16 PM

They are actually building a headquarters for FMC in Generation Park at the moment.

Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 4:17 PM

I'm thinking this headline means there's not much risk of oversupply of residential anytime soon.

Sorry, homebuyers. Houston is out of houses

Real Estate Market Trends Continue to Strengthen

Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 4:27 PM

Swamplot's got a nice description of the tenants who will be in the office building attached to the Convention Center. And it's got a cool view of downtown.

Houston’s Biggest Boosters Planning Their Own Downtown Perch, Offices, Track-Through Parking Garage, Future Hotel

Old Posted Aug 6, 2014, 5:52 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

Quote:
21 story 378 unit residential tower for the Texas Medical Center
This thing looks like a sleek green glass and shiny panel 2014 version of something from 1984.

Especially the round thing on the roof, reminds me of where a rotating restaurant would usually be placed.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 4:43 AM

So today I stumbled upon the construction cam for 2929 Weslayan and I was wondering if there were any more cam's than the ones I have bookmarked. I have obviously, 2929 Weslayan, the UH stadium, skyhouse, 609 main, the marriot, and the river oaks district.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 5:07 PM

1311 Louisiana...this is coming out of the ground fast now. Gensler designed the 16-story garage soon to be eating up the half-empty block at Louisiana/Polk/Milam/Clay. Thought I'd post some pics since it doesn't show up as "under construction" on the compilation page. Here's the image from devmap.io of what's to come:

Construction progress August 7, 2014

Old Posted Aug 7, 2014, 7:33 PM

It would be nice if they put some residences on top. But I guess cars gotta park, too.

Today's BisNow just came through the mailbox with some interesting insights. The upshot is that developable land is scarce at the moment and getting pricier, with the result that more multifamily developments are coming and land is being snapped up fast out along the Grand Parkway. Developers are saying they can't put together blocks of land larger than about 300 acres; there's nothing left. Here's an example:

Inside the city, the trend is multifamily and mixed use. BisNow says this corner is going to end up mixed use:

There also appears to be a lot of interest in adding multifamily to the neighborhood along the north-south Metrorail corridor near Fulton Street. That seems to make sense with the proposed live music venue.

Four Big Land Trends

Last edited by toxteth o'grady; Aug 7, 2014 at 7:43 PM.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations