HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 12:49 PM

There's construction going on at the Costco gas bar, does anyone know what that's all about?

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 3:03 PM

At the gas bar itself or across the street? Across the street would be the new Sleep Country I believe.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 3:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverD View Post
There's construction going on at the Costco gas bar, does anyone know what that's all about?
Saw that.....I am assuming that they are making repairs to the underground tanks.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 4:20 PM

At the gas bar itself. Kind of strange considering it is essentially brand new.

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 5:43 PM
The Sheriff

Quote:
At the gas bar itself. Kind of strange considering it is essentially brand new.

They dont make them like they used too

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 6:19 PM

I hear they are putting in a selfserve Propane tank refill station

Old Posted Oct 21, 2014, 11:46 AM
Any where but Fredericton

I heard somewhere that costco was changing their gas suppliers. So who knows what the truth is.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 3:25 PM

Saw this on twitter from the Brunswickan:

Brunswickan ‏@Brunswickan · 2h2 hours ago
The iRock will close its doors on Nov. 1. The operators have chosen not to comment, but nothing new is planned for the space at this time.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 4:16 PM

Saw in the paper that Airport passenger numbers are up 5.5% YTD above last year (~250,000 through to end of Q3).

Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 7:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cl812 View Post
Saw in the paper that Airport passenger numbers are up 5.5% YTD above last year (~250,000 through to end of Q3).
That's good. I expect that to skyrocket next year, what with Westjet coming and all.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco401 View Post
That's good. I expect that to skyrocket next year, what with Westjet coming and all.
I sure hopes it helps with bringing the cost down. To fly out of is ridiculous
. Id sooner drive to Bangor and pay half. That includes parking, gas and the exchange.

Old Posted Oct 23, 2014, 9:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies View Post
I sure hopes it helps with bringing the cost down. To fly out of is ridiculous
. Id sooner drive to Bangor and pay half. That includes parking, gas and the exchange.
I've priced out flights from Bangor before and the savings have never been that significant, especially once you consider the time it takes to get there and back.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 12:35 AM
The Sheriff

Quote:
I've priced out flights from Bangor before and the savings have never been that significant, especially once you consider the time it takes to get there and back.

obviously you are a idiot or have no clue what you are doing. The rates are way cheaper. Maybe not if you are Flying to Toronto or Montreal, down south its cheaper.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 1:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
obviously you are a idiot or have no clue what you are doing. The rates are way cheaper. Maybe not if you are Flying to Toronto or Montreal, down south its cheaper.
I priced a trip from Fredericton to Hawaii - Leaving from Bangor, Portland, Fredericton, Moncton and Halifax.. the price differences were negligible. Ended up leaving from Fredericton. It obviously depends where you are going. It makes nobody an idiot.

Apparently, from what I have read, in locations across Canada where Westjet has entered the mix, prices generally are affected downward with drops up to 30%ish.

The $20+million renovation to YFC starting next year will definitely help also. Can't wait... I wish I was in on the design of it.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Blazer View Post
Wow, nice response, a$$hole. Pretty rich to call someone "a idiot" too. It's an.

I've priced out flights to California and Las Vegas and the differences were marginal. Just because they are cheaper to go south doesn't mean they are universally cheaper.

Edit: Picked a random weekend to go to LAS and it was actually $135 cheaper to fly from YFC instead of BGR.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 11:16 AM
Any where but Fredericton

I know i am going on a cruise out of San Juan. Leaving from Portland Maine the prices are way cheaper. With Jet Blue and Southwest its really hard to beat them prices. I got my flights for about 500$ a person, compared to over 1200$ in Fredericton. Plus when you fly out of Fredericton its always going to be +1 day. I have a great park and fly hotel lined up in Portland for 80$ us and I can leave my car there and 100$ worth of gas will get me there and back.

Hopefully with West Jet it will make prices better but as of right now for me its cheaper for me to fly to Portland. Nice smooth drive.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Let me clarify my comments. Flying to a location with in the United States is at least half. flown to Vegas in June it was over 200 to Montreal from Fredericton then another 500 to Vegas. Out of Banger 300. Flying to Florida family of 4 1200 Fredericton Well over 2k.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkies View Post
Let me clarify my comments. Flying to a location with in the United States is at least half. flown to Vegas in June it was over 200 to Montreal from Fredericton then another 500 to Vegas. Out of Banger 300. Flying to Florida family of 4 1200 Fredericton Well over 2k.
But again - that's not always true. It depends on the time of year, whether there are seat sales, etc.

When I priced my trip to Vegas, flights out of Bangor and Portland were slightly cheaper but that would have effectively added a day to the trip and for two people, the entirety of the savings would have been eaten up by gas, food, and hotel costs.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 1:13 PM

Quote:
But again - that's not always true. It depends on the time of year, whether there are seat sales, etc.

When I priced my trip to Vegas, flights out of Bangor and Portland were slightly cheaper but that would have effectively added a day to the trip and for two people, the entirety of the savings would have been eaten up by gas, food, and hotel costs.
Were both right then. I plan my trips based on seat sales. Everyday prices makes no sense. Ive never not found a better deal. I just have to be flexable and plan well in advance.

Old Posted Oct 24, 2014, 1:19 PM

Air Canada actually has really good prices right now out of YFC. I was playing around with Google Flights last night and you can fly to LAX and back for $550. That may be USD, but still...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces