HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Sep 29, 2014, 6:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
@Trevor3

Yes, I should have included some other NL airports in my comparison, I should have known (given their military and/or trans Atlantic history) that the airports in Gander, Stephenville and Goose Bay would have been bad-ass.

My bad…..
haha, no worries. There isn't a ton of domestic traffic through either of them these days so they tend to slip off the radar (pun intended yes) unless you live near one of them or there's an emergency landing that makes the news.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 11:16 AM

Westjet announcing daily non-stop flights from Halifax to Glasgow start May 30 and will fly daily until October 24.

Europe Airpost flew direct to Glasgow this summer.

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by q12 View Post
Westjet announcing daily non-stop flights from Halifax to Glasgow start May 30 and will fly daily until October 24.

Europe Airpost flew direct to Glasgow this summer.
Mom and Dad have been trying to find a good time (and rather cheapish flights) to take Grandma's ashes back to Scotland. That flight might open up some more options for them. (Esp since they aren't in a big rush to do it due to funds and work and stuff).

The Herald's article said around 300$ one way; I wonder how much it will be once all the fees are added in?

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taeolas View Post
Mom and Dad have been trying to find a good time (and rather cheapish flights) to take Grandma's ashes back to Scotland. That flight might open up some more options for them. (Esp since they aren't in a big rush to do it due to funds and work and stuff).

The Herald's article said around 300$ one way; I wonder how much it will be once all the fees are added in?
Halifax $259.00* CAD
Air transportation charges Per guest
Base price $196.00 CAD
Other air transportation charges $7.50 CAD
Taxes, fees & charges:
Harmonized Sales Tax (HST) $4.59 CAD
Air Travellers Security Charge $25.91 CAD
Airport Improvement Fee (AIF) $25.00 CAD
Total Price (per guest) $259.00 CAD

It's actually cheaper taxes in.

http://www.westjet.com/guest/en/deal...asgow-20141003

Old Posted Oct 3, 2014, 3:27 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Sounds like a great deal.

We flew Iceland Air to Glasgow (via Reykjavik) once from Halifax. This would be better. Glad to see this option opening up.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 11:38 AM

Hey folks, wondering if someone can help me. I'm doing a cost estimate for a work trip and need to know approximately how much it costs for a cab from Moncton airport to the Future Inns hotel. I just called the hotel and the receptionist "had no idea"

Thanks

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 11:55 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Murphy View Post
Hey folks, wondering if someone can help me. I'm doing a cost estimate for a work trip and need to know approximately how much it costs for a cab from Moncton airport to the Future Inns hotel. I just called the hotel and the receptionist "had no idea"

Thanks
I would imagine $20-25. It's about 10 km and they can deke around the city on the TCH. Perhaps a 10-12 minute trip.

BTW, the Future Inns is being rebranded as a Four points by Sheraton.

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I would imagine $20-25. It's about 10 km and they can deke around the city on the TCH. Perhaps a 10-12 minute trip.

Thanks! I had to laugh that she couldn't even give me a guess to how much it would cost, she said I would have to call a cab company. I asked if they had a concierge desk she could connect me to and she just said "No, i'm sorry".

Old Posted Oct 8, 2014, 1:23 PM

Quote:

Sounds about right. I do know Its 20$ including tip from the hospital area using wheeler (rt 15), i did it frequently for biz flights. So my guess its probably about 25-30 from future inn.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
Why was it diverted?
It seems a passenger passed away inflight

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ifax-1.2778086

An Air France Airbus A380 — the world's largest passenger airliner — was diverted to Halifax on Thursday after a passenger died on the plane.

The plane was travelling from Paris to New York when a 58-year-old American man was found dead, according to Nova Scotia RCMP.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2014, 11:50 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Current Winter Sun Destinations from GMIA Moncton (2014-15):

WestJet
- Orlando, Florida
- Cancun, Mexico

Air Transat
- Orlando, Florida
- Cancun, Mexico
- Varadero, Cuba
- Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Sunwing
- Orlando, Florida
- Cancun, Mexico
- Varadero, Cuba
- Cayo Coco, Cuba
- Punta Cana, Dominica Republic
- Montego Bay, Jamaica

Celebrity Cruises/Canada North
- Miami, Florida

This is the most number of destinations out of the GMIA for the winter season that I've ever seen.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Oct 17, 2014 at 1:01 AM.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2014, 5:38 PM

I wish out of the Greater Moncton International Airport we had more affordable Non-stop flight options to the US and Europe. I am sick and tired having to drive to Halifax, Bangor and connect VIA Toronto or Montreal.

If I were the Moncton Airport I would subsidize a airline to to those links... I am after US Airways(part of the new American Airlines) to start service out of Moncton to either Philly or even Washington Reagan national.

And one airline that I have a huge beef with is Westjet by failing to expand their scheduled air service out of Moncton to other points in the country other than Toronto or even Hamilton.

But with that said this March I will be going to Myrtle Beach out of Bangor International airport. And that ticks me off I much rather pay 395.00 round trip from Bangor rather Than the 1400 Westjet wants..

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 8:50 AM

There’s going to be more ‘737s crossing the pond from Newfoundland next summer.

Air Transat has announced new twice weekly flights between St. John’s and London Gatwick. The flights will originate in Halifax with a stop at YYT before heading out across the Atlantic.

http://news-releases.transat.com/201...ogram-for-2015

Old Posted Oct 20, 2014, 2:51 PM

Was out at YSJ this morning. Looks like they are adding a new long-term parking lot near the carwash facility, and there also seems to be some work happening out on the edge of the terminal apron - probably a small expansion for additional aircraft parking.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2014, 2:51 AM

Westjet

I tested a few Google Flights searches from YFC for summer 2015 to check Westjet vs. Air Canada prices from Frederiction International Airport! (My test used dates Wed May 20 - Wed May 27, round trip for 1 adult):

YFC to LAX - Westjet $752, Air Canada $939 (4hrs longer on WJ than AC)
YFC to LGA - Westjet $463, Air Canada $739 (1.5hrs longer on WJ than AC)
YFC to YYF - Westjet $472, AC $490.
YFC to YVR - same.
YFC to YYC - same.
YFC to FLL - Westjet $653, AC $584 (WJ 14hr layover)
YFC to ORD - Westjet/AA $687, AC $807.

I'm sure choosing a different date or day of the week would result in different prices for Westjet and Air Canada. For anyone that isn't aware, Google Flights is a great tool for finding and comparing flights. I've booked two different trips based on information found there and have not been misled.

According to the Westjet site: Seasonal service to and from Fredericton starts April 15, 2015... pretty exciting!

It will be nice when the multi-million dollar expansion and renovation of the airport is completed so we can keep Westjet.

Old Posted Nov 4, 2014, 2:57 AM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBall View Post
For anyone that isn't aware, Google Flights is a great tool for finding and comparing flights. I've booked two different trips based on information found there and have not been misled.
Same. I've booked both international and domestic flights through air carriers using flight numbers and times found on Google Flights. Their prices are generally near to what the air carriers will charge you in the end.

Old Posted Nov 9, 2014, 9:19 PM

Has anyone heard what is going on with Cargo Air Lines re: its Moncton stop. Its not on the schedule for the foreseeable future. I did read an article that tells me that they are still in the picture by saying that they are investing in infrastructure for future growth. Is there a break in the contract? it seems like ever since they got their new aircraft, it has only stopped in twice..maybe a 3rd time not sure. I was just wondering if anyone has heard any news about.

http://my.pinkfroot.com/photo/cargo-...m?context=user

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 5:02 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

New Airport Operations Centre under construction at the Greater Moncton International Airport:

The total cost of this project is $13.5M, paid for entirely by AIR Fund (GMIA passenger tariffs).

An educated guess would be that the left side of the building is for the airport fire department and the right side of the building is for maintenance equipment.

Last edited by MonctonRad; Dec 2, 2014 at 12:45 AM.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2014, 2:42 PM

Cargo AirLines Flt. 942 December 16, 2014

For those interested, Cargo AirLines (Boeing 747-4F) is flying in this afternoon, no eta yet but, Showing a departure time of 1610.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...8d8bb3769e1c44

I wish I knew how to add a pic without having to click on the link.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2014, 2:57 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelcowboy View Post
For those interested, Cargo AirLines (Boeing 747-4F) is flying in this afternoon, no eta yet but, Showing a departure time of 1610.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...8d8bb3769e1c44

I wish I knew how to add a pic without having to click on the link.
Go to https://imgur.com/
Upload an image. It'll give you various options on the side. Copy the code it gives you for BBCode and paste it directly into the posting box. Don't forget to provide a source!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces