HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 10:02 PM
Nashville born and raised

Whew!

Two more buildings revealed; a 25 story apartment and a 16 story hotel at 19th and Broadway in Mid Town. NO more information is available except what is on the Nashville planning webpage.

I had to update my mid-town render with the two towers shown on the left. (strictly fantasy concepts).

The apartment will have a commanding presence on West End Avenue.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 10:15 PM
Future God

This is just getting silly!!!! hahaha...wow...I have no words...

...ya know, really, if you wanted...you could put SoBro, the Thompson Hotel, Eakin Tower, and HCA HQ tower in the shot too...but I don't wanna get greedy

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 11:20 PM

Holy smokes!...

So is this supposed to be a combined residence and hotel kinda like the Buckingham, or is this two separate developments?

Hey MidTenn1, don't forget the Westin, Turnberry, and 505...

Edit: Never mind, just read the planning webpage link MidTenn1 posted. Single development multi-tower structure.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 2:22 AM

So it appears our skyline will be turning into the little love child of Atlanta and Vancouver. We'll take the dueling Downtown/Midtown skylines & typical Sunbelt layout from Atlanta and the clustering of similar-sized towers from Vancouver. I'll take it!

I really, really want to see a new tallest with this boom. Plopping 505CST in the middle of downtown and Sheet Music in SoBro would seriously take that shot of the Nashville skyline from Midtown to another level.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 2:44 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
So it appears our skyline will be turning into the little love child of Atlanta and Vancouver. We'll take the dueling Downtown/Midtown skylines & typical Sunbelt layout from Atlanta and the clustering of similar-sized towers from Vancouver. I'll take it!

Midtown is seriously going to have quite the cluster of ~200' buildings.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 3:02 AM

Quote:
LOL! I love this, ariesjow!

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 3:08 AM
Future God

Quote:
In my opinion, the only thing that makes Atlanta's skyline kind of "sunbelt" is the way that it expands down one primary avenue. Having an expansive skyline with skyscrapers in many neighborhoods isn't exactly a 'southern US' thing.

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
In my opinion, the only thing that makes Atlanta's skyline kind of "sunbelt" is the way that it expands down one primary avenue. Having an expansive skyline with skyscrapers in many neighborhoods isn't exactly a 'southern US' thing.
You're totally correct, BnaBreaker. I just loved the sense of humor and off beat observation.

Last edited by atlantaguy; Aug 30, 2014 at 8:15 AM.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 12:34 PM

Some pretty big news this morning. Bridgestone is apparently considering moving it's headquarters downtown, and actively looking for 400,000 square feet of office space built to its specifications. Article say's they're considering Tony Giarratana's Sheet Music tower proposal and Pat Emery's planned redevelopment of the old convention center site. This very well could be the next big (or should I say tall) office tower downtown.

Report: Bridgestone considering downtown HQ move
http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville...n-hq-move.html

Quote:
Nashville-based Bridgestone Americas is considering moving its headquarters downtown, according to a new report.

Citing anonymous sources, The Tennessean reports that Bridgestone is looking for 400,000 square feet of office space built to its specifications. That would be roughly double its current headquarters' footprint.

The U.S. subsidiary of the Japanese tire maker is currently based near Nashville International Airport.
Quote:
The Tennessean reports that one possibility is the planned redevelopment of the old Nashville Convention Center, a project that is being led by developer Pat Emery and Cushman & Wakefield | Cornerstone. Notably, that project is directly across the street from Bridgestone Arena.

Bridgestone has also reportedly considered Tony Giarratana's planned Sheet Music skyscraper in SoBro and a potential site in Brentwood.
Quote:
The Tennessean reports that Bridgestone's current lease expires at the end of 2017. Spokesman Jeremy Smith told the newspaper the company remains committed to its current HQ, but also said it is "constantly looking to grow its business" and foster a desirable workplace.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 1:37 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post
Some pretty big news this morning. Bridgestone is apparently considering moving it's headquarters downtown, and actively looking for 400,000 square feet of office space built to its specifications. Article say's they're considering Tony Giarratana's Sheet Music tower proposal and Pat Emery's planned redevelopment of the old convention center site. This very well could be the next big (or should I say tall) office tower downtown.
Fingers are crossed.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 5:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIRYDI View Post

[B]Demolition slated for Virgin Hotel
I've read a couple of posts on aviation boards that Nashville is in the running for a Virgin Atlantic nonstop to London Heathrow. Service would begin in 2016, bout the same time this project would open. The other cities in the running are supposed to be Indy, Cleveland, STL and Detriot.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 7:41 PM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Memphian View Post
I've read a couple of posts on aviation boards that Nashville is in the running for a Virgin Atlantic nonstop to London Heathrow. Service would begin in 2016, bout the same time this project would open. The other cities in the running are supposed to be Indy, Cleveland, STL and Detriot.
A lot of Brits itching for a non-stop flight to Indianapolis, are there?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 8:05 PM
Chairman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
A lot of Brits itching for a non-stop flight to Indianapolis, are there?
Virgin Atlantic is in the same alliance with Delta (SkyTeam). Out of the list, Detroit is the primary Asian gateway for Delta and its second largest hub. In addition, Delta owns 49% stake in Virgin Atlantic.

We will find out when the official announcement is made by Virgin Atlantic.

-sb

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 8:12 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakman View Post
Virgin Atlantic is in the same alliance with Delta (SkyTeam). Out of the list, Detroit is the primary Asian gateway for Delta and its second largest hub. In addition, Delta owns 49% stake in Virgin Atlantic.

We will find out when the official announcement is made by Virgin Atlantic.
I was aware that Delta was a partial owner of Virgin Atlantic, but I'm not sure that Virgin Atlantic is an actual SkyTeam member.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2014, 11:18 PM

A quick note, after digging more, it appears it's British Airways eying Nashville. It's all based on Austin's success with a nonstop London flight and smaller cap but transatlantic capable aircraft.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 1:41 AM

Boutique hotel planned for Lower Broadway

Looks like the boutique hotel wave was firmly crash into Nashville and another announced today. This hotel will take part of the land that was to be the site of the failed proposals for Westin, Hyatt, and a large Walgreens.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...dway/15087603/

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 3:45 PM
Nashville born and raised

Some construction pictures of mine....

The 18 story Element at Music Row

The Spring Hill Suites on West End

The 10 story Gulch Crossings

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 4:15 PM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidTenn1 View Post
Some construction pictures of mine....

The Spring Hill Suites on West End

This has shaped up to be a pretty nice piece of infill. I'm really impressed with it.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 6:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by futuresooner View Post
Looks like the boutique hotel wave was firmly crash into Nashville and another announced today. This hotel will take part of the land that was to be the site of the failed proposals for Westin, Hyatt, and a large Walgreens.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/mone...dway/15087603/
I hope Nashville doesn't get overly saturated with boutique hotels that will cut into the size of 4-star brand hotels building in Nashville. I'm disappointed that the Westin or Hyatt wasn't built. I hope they will consider other locations in SoBro.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2014, 4:19 AM
Member since 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayward Memphian View Post
A quick note, after digging more, it appears it's British Airways eying Nashville. It's all based on Austin's success with a nonstop London flight and smaller cap but transatlantic capable aircraft.
Hope this comes to fruition for Nashville.

BA's flight has been really successful in Austin. The daily flight is averaging more than an 85% passenger load factor and 95+% cargo load factor. In fact, word around the port is that BA is considering up-gauging the equipment from the Dreamliner to a B777 this fall.

BA's early success has also lead to inquiries by Lufthansa and an Asian carrier regarding possible non-stop service to Germany and Asia from ABIA. So, if BA chooses BNA as a new destination...and it is successful...maybe other transcontinental routes will be in its near future.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations