HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 4:11 AM

Delta to add flights to LA

http://tucson.com/business/local/del...0a11c9f60.html

Starting Dec 19, Delta will add 3 flights a day from Tucson to LAX. That same day Delta starts daily non-stop service to Seattle.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 3:15 PM

Sundt & DPR Take On $400M Banner Project

This article was in the Daily Star a few days ago, but this website is free.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 9:06 PM
Registered Chief Weirdo

Got lunch at Main Gate today and saw the wonderful, big green sign at the Which Wich location. It's going to be a place called Red's Smokehouse & Tap Room. Once I saw that, did a search when I got back to my office and found this article from about a week ago on Tucson Foodie.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2015, 9:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorMole View Post
Got lunch at Main Gate today and saw the wonderful, big green sign at the Which Wich location. It's going to be a place called Red's Smokehouse & Tap Room. Once I saw that, did a search when I got back to my office and found this article from about a week ago on Tucson Foodie.
Nice! Main Gate Square will be hopping with the addition of this new place and Illegal Pete's.

Old Posted Jun 15, 2015, 3:06 PM

Supercuts opening in the former Buffalo Exchange space on Congress?

Old Posted Jun 16, 2015, 5:47 PM

University of Arizona - Environment & Natural Resources Building - 061315

Video Link

Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 4:13 PM

I attended the Downtown Links open house yesterday, they still expect to break ground next year with the 100% plan with one possible change.

They are apparently working with ADOT who owns the 210 up to Broadway to see if they can't change the current interchange with Broadway from this:

into more of a standard intersection since all three directions off aviation will now be more like arterials (Broadway EB/WB, Downtown Links NB) instead of parkways, though upon completion the whole roadway from I-10 through the length of the 210 portion will all be known as the Maclovio Barraza Parkway.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 6:23 PM

Updated rendering of the "Stone Avenue Homes."

Hope the name is temporary.

Old Posted Jun 17, 2015, 6:55 PM

Just for fun, I found an old sketch of the Butterfield Parkway alignment as envisioned in the 60s and made an Earth overlay

Old Posted Jun 20, 2015, 7:07 AM

Downtown Street View Updated

Google finally updated it's downtown/UofA street view! Hub and Level actually look beautiful. The sidewalks and trees really improve the area's aesthetics . A completed One East Broadway is also included.
Oddly enough, what appears to be a channel 4 newscast is seen across from One East Broadway

Old Posted Jun 23, 2015, 1:00 PM

Nothing new here in this video except that there are already 37 people on the waiting list for those 3 story houses across San Augustine Catherdral . I feel some real high rises will be coming soon.

Yes, the HUB looks nice. I like that block of mid-rise buildings across the UofA.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 4:36 AM

Work on I-10 to start soon

It’s been a long time in the planning process, but reconstruction of the Interstate 10-Ina Road interchange is anticipated to begin in the spring of 2016 and take approximately two years to complete, an Arizona Department of Transportation district engineer told a crowd of more than 250 people at a public meeting held in Coyote Trail Elementary School in Marana.
Rod Lane, ADOT Tucson district engineer, said the anticipated construction timeline would be divided into four major phases — preparation work when Ina Road will remain open, Eastbound I-10 construction when Ina Road will be closed, Westbound I-10 construction (Ina Road closed) and finishing work when Ina Road will be open. Lane was not able to furnish a projected finishing date other than 2018.
Dustin Krugel, ADOT public information officer, said the biggest challenge to the project is to keep traffic flowing around and through the construction site for two years.
“People rely on that interchange every day so we still have to move traffic through the area,” Krugel said. “Our task is to keep three lanes moving in each direction, similar to what we did when we reconstructed the I-10-Prince Road interchange.”
Krugel advised citizens to go to the project’s website, www.azdot.gov/InaTI, to get information about the project and proposed traffic access routes that can be used during construction.
Lane said the improvements to the interchange and roadways include:
• Widening I-10 to accommodate four lanes in each direction, although the highway will be striped for three lanes until further corridor widening is completed;
• Construction of an Ina Road overpass over I-10 and the Union Pacific Railroad, much like the interchange at Twin Peaks Road, two interchanges to the northwest;
• Widening Ina Road to two lanes in each direction; and
• Architectural treatments and landscaping.
Lane added that Ina Road will be widened to two lanes in each direction from Star Commerce Way to Silverbell Road as part of the project for the town of Marana, with two new bridges being built to carry the roadway over the Santa Cruz River and pedestrian underpasses built under the bridges.
Krugel noted that the need for the project is to bring the roadways in conformance with ADOT’s 1993 General Plan and the Regional Transportation Authority’s 2006 voter-approved Regional Transportation Plan.
“The project is designed to meet existing and future traffic demand (to 2040) and improve operations,” he said. “Most important, with the Ina Road overpass, it will eliminate vehicle-train conflicts at the crossroads and also improve emergency response times for law enforcement, fire agencies and emergency medical services.”
The revisions to the proposed project design since the 2012 Design Concept Report and Environmental Assessment, Lane pointed out, include modification of the Ina Road profile to eliminate a south loop off Ina Road, elimination of a bridge at Camino de Oeste, changes in the slope at the approach and departure to the Ina Road overpass, reconfiguring retaining walls at Camino de Oeste, access to Ina Road at Camino de Oeste and improvements to business access by retaining access to Ina Road.
A simple, repetitive geometric design inspired by the angles and facets found in the Sonoran desert was chosen as an architectural treatment to give the Ina Road interchange a unique look, according to the ADOT presentation at the public meeting. Treatments will include Formliner for retaining wall panels, barriers and bridge piers and decorative metal on bridge pedestrian fences.
Plant material selections for the landscape will include Palo brea, velvet mesquite, ironwood, ocotillo, red bird of paradise, Chihuahuan sage, Baja fairy duster, saguaro, desert carpet, giant hesperaloe, and Santa Rita prickly pear.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 3:20 PM

New Main Gate Square Residence Inn renderings.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
New Main Gate Square Residence Inn renderings.

Looks better than the current marriot and fits in with the marshall building, is it still supposed to break ground this year?

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 5:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwijib0 View Post
Looks better than the current marriot and fits in with the marshall building, is it still supposed to break ground this year?
Not sure about the start date. These are from their first presentation to the Main Gate Design Review Committee coming up in mid-July. I suspect we'll see some media about the project in the next month or so.

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Lyons View Post
Not sure about the start date. These are from their first presentation to the Main Gate Design Review Committee coming up in mid-July. I suspect we'll see some media about the project in the next month or so.
I only counted 12 floors? I thought the original called for 14? Unless I counted wrong...

Old Posted Jun 30, 2015, 9:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznate27 View Post
I only counted 12 floors? I thought the original called for 14? Unless I counted wrong...
This is definitely 12. Not sure what it was originally supposed to be.

Old Posted Jul 3, 2015, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwijib0 View Post
I wished they tear down marriot. I never liked that building.

This Residence Inn is acceptable to me. If it were 14 floors before what made them drop to 12? Neighborhood associations hijacked by cow town activist?

Just drove around the Mission District hoping to see some construction and as usual all I saw was the same pile of dirt. Turns out construction has been postponed (again for the nth time) next fall.

I'm crossing my fingers Thrifty Block would fail and allow another developer to build a real high rise with an urban Target and Starbucks at the bottom floors. I'm getting tired of these local restaurants and retail shutting down every 6 months. And please tear down the Indian Trading Post.

Old Posted Jul 7, 2015, 6:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerk View Post
Just drove around the Mission District hoping to see some construction and as usual all I saw was the same pile of dirt. Turns out construction has been postponed (again for the nth time) next fall.
Councilman Kozachik has run out of patience with Gadsden and wants to solicit other developers to build out the vacant Westside parcels along the streetcar route:

http://www.kvoa.com/story/29448585/c...ssed-deadlines

Old Posted Jul 8, 2015, 2:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneui View Post
Councilman Kozachik has run out of patience with Gadsden and wants to solicit other developers to build out the vacant Westside parcels along the streetcar route:

http://www.kvoa.com/story/29448585/c...ssed-deadlines
Thanks for that clip.

Steller: Hey, City Council, pull plug on Gadsden project already

...Even Council Member Regina Romero (Council Babe), who has been Gadsden’s biggest fan on the council, has lost patience.

...Now all signs are, they’re sobering up. Mayor Jonathan Rothschild told me he wants the city to disentangle itself financially from the Gadsden development, either by calling the bonds or by some other arrangement.

...Steve Kozachik, the council member who has long opposed accommodating Gadsden, is ready to bring down the hammer, too.

“We’ve never held them accountable for any of the deadlines,” he said. “They continue to say, ‘We’re close, we’re close’ ”

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest