HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Old Posted Dec 18, 2008, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Great stuff - thanks for expanding my mind a bit more.

Chic in this context means up to date, stylish, cosmopolitan.

Love the snowy mosque
Thanks a lot,well,I do not have any other snow pics so I had to post the one with a mosque!

Although I am not a religious person,I had to post it as I did not I any other snow pics!

Languages change,dont they,never knew the word ''chic'' before with this meaning!

Old Posted Dec 18, 2008, 12:37 AM

Anyway,a further pic from the French quarter:

Old Posted Dec 20, 2008, 4:52 PM

Here some snow pics from İstanbul from wow.turkey.com

[IMG]http:www.hizliresim.com/2008/12/20/8916.jpg[/IMG]

Old Posted Dec 23, 2008, 9:31 PM

Another big attraction for every outsider when they first come to İstanbul is the''Galata tower''.Original name as Galatian tower.İt is in the European side but at the edge of the north of the ''golden horn''.First,Justinian built it in 552 AD and then it was completed by ''Galatians'' few hundred years later.Main idea was to watch the enemy coming from the sea.This tower is 1500 years old and today it is used as mainly a ''restaurant''!There is lift inside but then it does not go all the way up,so after the lift,you ned to climb 3 stories on foot and then you reach at the top with a view of İstanbul.There is a restaurant which is also a night club,shows and ''Belly dancing''.

I attach some pics f the tower and some famous local belly dancers

Old Posted Dec 23, 2008, 10:45 PM

I hope you guys didnt mind me posting some pics of belly-dancers.I thought they were not really of any bad stuff!I tried to pick the decent ones.However anyone coming to İstanbul,whether in ''Galata tower'' or in any other place will see them.No harm done!

Belly dancing is quite old actually.When in the ancient times some Turks moved from Mongolia to westwards,somewhere in Persian land they saw it and then they adopted it and when some of them went back to central Asia,they told others about it.But noboby knows where this dancing originated from.Originally it is not Turkish but it is wide spread into Asia.Some western women are known to have taken courses of belly-dancing.I bet their husbands insisted on that!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos