HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 3:08 AM
BANNED

^^^Unless you are willing to spring for a cab, the #28 bus is probably the best way to get there, but you'll still have some hiking to do down the cliff. I can't tell you exactly where the trail takes off from. Baker Beach is the strip just west of the Golden Gate--see http://transit.511.org/providers/map...2007114701.gif for the bus routes.

I would recommend you take more than your Speedos with you. Unless you hit a particularly warm day, San Francisco in summer can feel postively arctic to most people from other places.

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 3:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTinSF View Post
I would recommend you take more than your Speedos with you.
but i thought bakers beach's a nude gay beach.. am i wrong? i don't intend to wear my speedos there

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 3:32 AM
BANNED

^^^You aren't wrong, but like I said, other than a few serious sunbathers, most people only go there on the occasional warm day. San Francisco's climate is really hard for most people to understand: Anything most people would call "summer" comes a day here and a day there when the high pressure systems and low pressure systems line up just right, most commonly in late May or June and again in late September or October. In July and August, you typically have a freezing wind (and/or fog) blowing in from the ocean where the water temp is in the 50's (farenheit). Most surfers wear wet suits. But on those rare June and October days, it can get into the 90s or even above 100, and then Baker and the other beaches are crowded indeed.

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 4:16 AM

thank you for filling me in. the first time i went to sf was in late sept 2003. it was very hot and i was so shocked that alot of the stores didn't even have ac.

we came upon a nude beach just south of pacifica (??) as we drove down hwy 1 toward monterey/carmel. we stopped and walked down the beach and saw hot guys and girls all naked... breathtaking scenery + hot nude sunbathers = unforgettable first impression

sounds like november will be cold... oh well..

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 6:42 AM

Woa, you just gained a lot of respect from me, I mean, you being a local, going there, and not only just going there, but taking pictures, like a tourist!

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 7:18 AM
Kicking it Viking style..

Great pics - I love Fisherman's Warf - so much that we stayed there on my second visit to the city

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 9:46 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedoPro View Post
thank you for filling me in. the first time i went to sf was in late sept 2003. it was very hot and i was so shocked that alot of the stores didn't even have ac.

we came upon a nude beach just south of pacifica (??) as we drove down hwy 1 toward monterey/carmel. we stopped and walked down the beach and saw hot guys and girls all naked... breathtaking scenery + hot nude sunbathers = unforgettable first impression

sounds like november will be cold... oh well..
Two other great nude beaches are San Gregorio (my favorite), quite far south of the City on Highway 1 in San Mateo County and Blacks Beach in the Marin Headlands. They are both popular when the weather is warm, but as BTinSF warned you, beware! There are plenty of places here to show off your body indoors where it will be appreciated though! After all, this IS San Francisco!

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 9:51 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
Great pics - I love Fisherman's Warf - so much that we stayed there on my second visit to the city
Try staying somewhere else the next time because there are neighborhoods that are much nicer. As BT and others insinuated, we locals don't go down to the Wharf very often (and for good reason).

When it comes to the overall package of architecture, setting, diversity of people, etc., etc., it's hard to top San Francisco. There are so many parts of the City waiting for you to explore.

Old Posted May 20, 2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viewguysf View Post
Two other great nude beaches are San Gregorio (my favorite), quite far south of the City on Highway 1 in San Mateo County and Blacks Beach in the Marin Headlands. They are both popular when the weather is warm, but as BTinSF warned you, beware! There are plenty of places here to show off your body indoors where it will be appreciated though! After all, this IS San Francisco!
do u mind telling me how to get to blacks beach? lol
i went to nobhill men's theatre last time - what a tourist trap!! what r some of your favorite clubs? thanks !!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos