HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive

Hermitage Plaza I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Courbevoie (Paris) Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 8:02 AM

@colemonkee Now that you made me think about it, it's true that the public space along the river could be a little more attractive...

I think something big is at stake now in la Défense. The new, recently appointed chief executive of the public body (Epadesa) in charge of its development said something kind of provocative (in a great way) and hopeful in an interview lately. He said that by international and modern standards, la Défense should obviously be downtown Paris already. Nothing less. And that the Parisians should be prouder of their modern downtown and of their cluster of skyscrapers there, just as any other city in the world is. Well, if that's his actual purpose, it's quite a noble one and he'll have to be ballsy and stubborn to impose his view, because some over here won't like it and will try to ruin him whatever it takes.

These towers for example. How comes the developer is still harassed by hostile appeals in courts, in the only purpose of making him waste his time and money and eventually give up? I don't think the handful of dwellers left in the Damiers buildings to be demolished could've made all that trouble on their own for so long. It's been for years by now. They've got to be manipulated and funded by some more infuential people over here, who'd do anything to leave la Défense just the way it's always been in retarded locals' backward minds. Just a suburb, something forever doomed to be second-rate compared to the historic core. Obviously, some people, whoever they are closely watch this project as a threat to their personal interests somehow. And they're causing some harm to the entire metro area. If la Défense can't really deliver like it's supposed to, the historic core itself will end up impoverished and falling into ruins.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2014, 8:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultrastar View Post
Hello everyone !

I'm a french new member. I currently live right next to the Résidence des Damiers. So I can take and share photos every month (or every week), when construction will start.
See you soon.
Hello! Welcome to the Skyscraperpage.com forum. I am looking forward meeting you. I flew to Switzerland for 5 times. You are always welcome to post the pictures and I really appreciate your helps. Enjoy your stay.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2014, 3:37 PM

Excellent news today. The administrative court of appeal of Versailles has rejected all the appeals by the opponents to the Hermitage Towers!!

The court rejected the appeals on October 2, 2014, but I'm only discovering it today (absolutely no media has reported it... you can be certain if the court of appeal had approved the appeals from the opponents, the negative French media would have been more than happy to report it ).

Anyway! The opponents now have two months to appeal to the supreme administrative court of France. The supreme administrative court of France usually takes 1 year to process appeals, so we can expect a final judgment towards December 2015 (if the opponents of course are willing to gamble money by appealing to the supreme administrative court; they may instead decide to call it quit).

So in the worst case scenario, this project is starting in 2016.

The court ruling, for those who like legal stuff: http://www.juricaf.org/arret/FRANCE-...1002-12VE03610

Old Posted Dec 1, 2014, 9:27 PM

We need these soooo badly... When they'll have exhausted all legal remedies up to the European Court of Human Rights, I would hardly be surprised to see the opponents form some sort of new Red Brigades and try to murder anyone involved in the project.

I'm barely kidding, sadly.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2015, 3:22 PM

Hermitage will be once more advertising their twins at the Cannes real estate yearly show, the largest show of that kind in France.

While EPADESA, the administration supervising la Défense's projects still promotes the redevelopment of the public space around. Just as any project over la Défense today, this will provide a better connection from the "slab," the crazy huge pedestrian deck to the more conventional surrounding fabric.

So yeah, those twins will presumably look like a reminder of New York's former WTC in the local skyline, but actually stand for a giant H, the initial letter of Hermitage. Saying how much the ambitious Franco-Russian developer wants his business to leave their mark on Greater Paris. That's fine. They're the very 1st to dare such a thing over here after all.

Still wondering when construction could start? Idk, next year or 2017 at the latest. They're more and more expected to finally rise anyway.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 2:16 PM

These towers are amazing.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 2:19 PM
BANNED

I agree!

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 2:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR Ewing View Post
I agree!
This time truly diamond cut facade, so elegant and beautiful

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 3:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepstar View Post
I'm probably in the minority here, but I just can't warm up to these towers. Up close they look great, but from a distance they look awkward to me.
I don't like them either, maybe if they were more in the middle of La Defense, but right on the river they look awkward at best.

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 5:14 PM

^ So what if they ever built more towers around and to the other side of the river? Hey, there probably will be more to come when those are built (and nimbys are defeated).

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 5:38 PM
BANNED

I L.O.V.E these buildings, too bad they're not taller though :'(

Old Posted Jun 21, 2015, 5:46 PM

Thx for the support, you guys!

They're tall enough for our current needs. They will greatly help, and far beyond Paris.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2015, 4:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Thx for the support, you guys!

They're tall enough for our current needs. They will greatly help, and far beyond Paris.
The height is perfect

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 12:33 PM

More renderings.

So the dwellers of the brutalist lego-like buildings on these renderings managed to earn a beneficial deal from the developer who'll have to clean their façades on his own. That's because the demolition of the other Damiers buildings (of the very same design) will have an impact on their common fees. All Damiers buildings are condos sharing common fees, so the developer has to pay a compensation for tearing down some, which basically seems fair. Now that I'm thinking about it, the remaining Damiers buildings might eventually become interesting to the neighborhood in the future...

The building on the left of the 2nd picture was already refurbished. It's cladded in red, now, as they put it to current energy-efficiency standards.

Old Posted Jul 11, 2015, 12:45 PM
BANNED

A nice pre-Bastille Day gift to Paris!

Old Posted Oct 13, 2015, 2:21 PM

A local subsidiary of the Bouygues corporation, one of the biggest of capitalism in France and a major construction operator in the country along with Vinci and Eiffage officially took some shares in the project.
Article in French:

http://www.businessimmo.com/contents...ours-hermitage

This is in a nutshell a significant support to the young developer in charge, and probably a sign that the project is getting closer to implementation.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2015, 1:30 PM

Good news today regarding the Tours Hermitage. In a (grossly biased, as in anti-skyscrapers biased) report on the French channel Canal + (the channel of left-wing Parisian bearded liberals), we've learned that the French administrative supreme court (the Conseil d'Etat) will rule on the final appeal of the tenants still resisting relocation on... December 30!!

If, as is likely, the Conseil d'Etat rejects their final appeal (their appeals were already rejected by the administrative tribunal in July 2012 and then by the administrative court of appeal in October 2014), we will be at the end of the long judicial road regarding this project, and the last 20 or so tenants who resist relocation will become evictable by force starting on April 1, 2016 (when the so-called "Winter truce" ends in France).

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 1:08 PM

Game over! The Russian developer has just told me that the final appeals of the last tenants resisting relocation was rejected by the supreme administrative court of France.

These tenants are now evictable by force starting on April 1, when the so-called "Winter truce" ends in France.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 3:20 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

Excellent news!
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Jan 16, 2016, 5:05 PM

It's smelling better and better. The report from the public inquiry into the demolition and then construction of the Hermitage twin towers has been released by the authorities. The authorities gave their assent to the demolition and construction methods (detailed at great length in the document) submitted by the Russian developer. Demolition and construction will mainly proceed via barges on the Seine River, given that the towers will be built alongside the river.

France not being the sort of speculative country where construction of a building is stopped half way up, if the developer went all the way to submit and obtain an authorization with the detailed methods of demolition and construction outlined, it means he really intends to build these towers.

You can see the full report from the authorities detailing the demolition and construction methods here:

Pages 1 to 11: http://www.prefectures-regions.gouv....2093303351.pdf
Pages 12 to 27: http://www.prefectures-regions.gouv....2093354394.pdf
Pages 28 to 38: http://www.prefectures-regions.gouv....2093436915.pdf

In the document, we can see that the developer even agreed to change his construction method so as not to interfere with the boring of the RER E subway tunnel that will be bored between central Paris and La Défense during the same years that these twin towers will be built (i.e. 2017-2022). So it's looking frankly as deadly serious as it's ever been.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects > Cancelled Project Threads Archive