HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

One Vanderbilt in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Sep 29, 2020, 11:03 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 29, 2020 at 11:18 PM.

Old Posted Sep 30, 2020, 7:40 PM
New Yorker for life

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Last edited by NYguy; Sep 30, 2020 at 8:02 PM.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 12:16 AM

^ I wish he’d lingered on 60 E 42nd for a bit. That’s an angle we don’t get to see normally.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 12:29 AM
New Yorker for life

^ When they open that deck next year, we'll get more views.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFxjCD2jPxY/

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 2:16 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

1 Vanderbilt getting a massive dose of 2nd hand smoke as Met Life lights an early morning bong.

Credit: pjflo

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 6:59 AM
Crane Goddess

The picture is awesome, but that caption is hilarious! I wonder if Pan Am also likes edibles? LOL. Now that could make for a funny guessing game- match the skyscraper to the substance it would be most likely to imbibe. Seagram strikes me as a wine/spirits fan, 277 Park strikes me as another of that ilk, with some weed on the down-low for variety. I can see 432 Park using a fake ID to get one of those ridiculous fishbowl sized frozen concoctions such as Dallas BBQ deals in.
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 1:25 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 1, 2020 at 1:40 PM.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2020, 9:27 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanita View Post
The picture is awesome, but that caption is hilarious! I wonder if Pan Am also likes edibles? LOL. Now that could make for a funny guessing game- match the skyscraper to the substance it would be most likely to imbibe. Seagram strikes me as a wine/spirits fan, 277 Park strikes me as another of that ilk, with some weed on the down-low for variety. I can see 432 Park using a fake ID to get one of those ridiculous fishbowl sized frozen concoctions such as Dallas BBQ deals in.
432 Park is busy with the bulimia diet so any edibles its eaten, are promptly purged onto the low-lying towers that have to stare up at pompous 432 Park, as with most towers on Park Ave. Now the 57th corridor is like the Devil Wears Prada runway show.

Yeah I tell yah, some NYC towers on the stuff ya know. Like most Kaufman towers are on that sherm or wet, 1 WTC is on that Krystal Vodka, New York by Gehry aka 8 Spruce on that heavy acid... because one does not simply bend facades and twists on a clear mind.

The ESB, the ESB is on that Jay-Z diet. Cuban cigars and lobster bisque.

With 432 Park and a fake ID, well... 432 Park has slept with every tower known to man. 432 Park, like 2-pac use to say, 'gets around' so when the towers see 432 Park rolling up, they let 432 right in for a little 420.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 5:33 AM
Crane Goddess

^Oh dear LOL. In your scenario, poor 277 Park would probably be drinking like a fish because of what's happening across the street to 270. Having to sit there and watch that would fuck anyone up-Imagine having to watch that happen to your partner? 383 Madison too- she's another SOM building, so 270 was related.
Fun fact- KPF is a successor firm to Kahn and Jacobs, designers of several buildings around One Vanderbilt here. So I'm guessing that neighboring buildings like 100 Park (really close by) would have their hands full trying to keep One Vanderbilt here from picking up any bad habits.
"Prayers are fleeting and wars are forgotten, but what is built endures"
-Ambassador DeLenn, Babylon 5

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 2:38 PM
New Yorker for life

OCTOBER 1, 2020

We are now seeing 3 of the 5 tallest buildings in the country nearing completion, all within months of each other, if not weeks - Central Park Tower, 111 West 57th (Steinway), and One Vanderbilt. That's impressive. Not even the Empire State/Chrysler/40 Wall trio was as tightly spaced in time.

Decided to check out the finishing touches on the crowns, the most visible parts of these towers on the skyline.

This one, One Vanderbilt, comes with an exciting new observation deck (joining a new wave of observation decks in the city). Not only will this become an icon on a skyline of many, it will serve double duty as tourists attraction. And count me in, because I can't wait to get up there. The street level is nicely done, and the plaza, while not open yet, looks like a very nice addition to the area. Nice all around.

Took a walk up Park Avenue to get a look, still more work to come.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2020, 10:36 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 2, 2020 at 11:18 PM.

Old Posted Oct 4, 2020, 1:22 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 3:26 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 5, 2020 at 4:07 PM.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2020, 11:13 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 5, 2020 at 11:28 PM.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
OCTOBER 1, 2020

We are now seeing 3 of the 5 tallest buildings in the country nearing completion, all within months of each other, if not weeks - Central Park Tower, 111 West 57th (Steinway), and One Vanderbilt. That's impressive. Not even the Empire State/Chrysler/40 Wall trio was as tightly spaced in time.

Decided to check out the finishing touches on the crowns, the most visible parts of these towers on the skyline.

This one, One Vanderbilt, comes with an exciting new observation deck (joining a new wave of observation decks in the city). Not only will this become an icon on a skyline of many, it will serve double duty as tourists attraction. And count me in, because I can't wait to get up there. The street level is nicely done, and the plaza, while not open yet, looks like a very nice addition to the area. Nice all around.

Took a walk up Park Avenue to get a look, still more work to come.

Wonderful shots. As expected they glazed in the missing infills of those 2 vertical tracks. All matching now.

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 6, 2020 at 2:49 PM.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 12:51 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post

Old Posted Oct 6, 2020, 2:56 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 3:20 PM
New Yorker for life

Last edited by NYguy; Oct 7, 2020 at 3:41 PM.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2020, 10:23 PM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Oct 8, 2020, 3:14 AM
New Yorker for life

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive