HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions

Closed Thread

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 4:37 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtown,man View Post
You literally contribute nothing to this site. You just make constant racist accusations or just demean people.

So is it racist if say we look at FBI crime reports and it shows that Chinese immigrants commit less crime than Hondorian?

When statistics make you racist, your country is doomed.
What' racist is to claim that it is some innate quality of latino culture or genetics to be criminal, which tends to lead to prejudice and collective punishment. I believe in judging individuals, and also not seeing culture as some absolute determinant to who you are..

I'm not sociologist but it's probably a very complex issue why some cultures have a higher crime rate. Economic differences, how these immigrants fit in, and what kind of things disrupted their lives in the places they left behind would possibly play a role.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 5:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
What' racist is to claim that it is some innate quality of latino culture or genetics to be criminal, which tends to lead to prejudice and collective punishment. I believe in judging individuals, and also not seeing culture as some absolute determinant to who you are..

I'm not sociologist but it's probably a very complex issue why some cultures have a higher crime rate. Economic differences, how these immigrants fit in, and what kind of things disrupted their lives in the places they left behind would possibly play a role.
Who said by being Hispanic they have some innate quality or genetics to be criminal? I certainly never said that.

You are being triggered here. We all know South America and Central America have some of the highest homicide rates in the world. This isn't racist.

If I showed you a statistic, from the FBI that hispanics commit X amount of crimes vs say Asians, would that make me racist? Facing facts is very hard for our country, its better to be 'nice.'

Please don't mistake what I said to mean I judge people in the collective. So incredibly far from it, I judge the individual and I think us grouping people obsessively is very damaging. However, when it comes to stats, the only way is to look at it in some kind of collective(people from the South, Race, Age etc).

As far as your second part, I agree. However, this doesn't change stats.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 6:03 PM
BANNED

Quote:
You literally contribute nothing to this site. You just make constant racist accusations or just demean people.

So is it racist if say we look at FBI crime reports and it shows that Chinese immigrants commit less crime than Hondorian?

When statistics make you racist, your country is doomed.
I wouldn't have to if there weren't so may racists on this site.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 7:06 PM
disorient yourself?

Quote:
Who said by being Hispanic they have some innate quality or genetics to be criminal? I certainly never said that.

You are being triggered here. We all know South America and Central America have some of the highest homicide rates in the world. This isn't racist.

If I showed you a statistic, from the FBI that hispanics commit X amount of crimes vs say Asians, would that make me racist? Facing facts is very hard for our country, its better to be 'nice.'

Please don't mistake what I said to mean I judge people in the collective. So incredibly far from it, I judge the individual and I think us grouping people obsessively is very damaging. However, when it comes to stats, the only way is to look at it in some kind of collective(people from the South, Race, Age etc).

As far as your second part, I agree. However, this doesn't change stats.
Despite being on the right side of many social issues, the single greatest achievement of modern left-wing politics has been the utter retarding of our ability to make wise long term decisions about the future of our civilization. I read an article this morning about how nearly half of children in Argentina now are born out of wedlock. They wrote a glowing profile of a single mom with two kids from two separate dads, neither of which lived with her. Her friends were in the same boat and had formed an off pseudo family with other kids being raised by their children’s fathers’ exes. The dispassionate anthropologist would point to overwhelming statistics showing that this is not a healthy environment for children’s social development. But then someone would claim to be offended because of some outlying case and demand that the aforementioned statistics be banned due to malicious bias. I pray that this is just a trend, but it’s looking grim.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaguy View Post
As he said, you literally contribute nothing to this site - all you do is keep calling everybody else racist. Whatever it is you think you're achieving, a tip for you: it's not working.

Old Posted May 26, 2018, 11:24 PM

People should be judged as INDIVIDUALS, NOT as members of a group. There are good and bad people in every group, and nobody is perfect. Treat people as you would have them treat you.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverberation View Post
]I read an article this morning about how nearly half of children in Argentina now are born out of wedlock.
That's the case in many European countries including all the Scandinavian countries, UK, France etc. "Out of wedlock" doesn't mean being raised by a single parent though, most of those are by parents in long term relationships living together but who happen to not be married.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 1:37 AM

Quote:
If you find so many racists on SSP then I guess walking down the street must frighten you. You must be in high school or something the way you speak to people.

EDIT- I apologize to high school students on here, honestly. Young people do not equate ignorance.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 1:39 AM
life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliNative View Post
People should be judged as INDIVIDUALS, NOT as members of a group. There are good and bad people in every group, and nobody is perfect. Treat people as you would have them treat you.
basics... is pizzaguy trolling? i feel like he is one of those project veritas ppl who are moles and act over the top to destroy a movement from within or some shit

Last edited by Eightball; May 27, 2018 at 2:26 AM.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 1:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy55 View Post
That's the case in many European countries including all the Scandinavian countries, UK, France etc. "Out of wedlock" doesn't mean being raised by a single parent though, most of those are by parents in long term relationships living together but who happen to not be married.
True. However the chances of a dad being present when the parents are married, quite high(unless they are separated). The chances of the dad not being present if the parents' aren't married? Quite a bit higher.

I understand marriage is less attractive nowadays, which is fine...as long as the kid still gets two parents, but this isnt the norm in a lot of cases. My sister-in-law now has a child from a dad who refuses to even take a DNA test, so she's talking to a lawyer about it. Then you have both my sisters, married with 2 and 3 kids respectfully. Those kids, and my sisters, are leaps and bounds better off fiscally and mentally than my sister-in-law who is struggling to take care of a kid by herself and afford bills while living with my father-in-law.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 2:41 AM
Unicorn Wizard!

Realistically speaking, what do you expect the government to do about people having kids without being married, or not wanting to get married? Do you punish and discriminate against them like in the past? I'd rather not go back to that.

I wonder if this was the inevitable outcome of gender equality and women being able to have jobs and lives beyond being a housewife.

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
basics... is pizzaguy trolling? i feel like he is one of those project veritas ppl who are moles and act over the top to destroy a movement from within or some shit
So you're saying he's jtown,man's sock account?

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 3:04 AM
life is good

i used to beef a lil bit w/ jtown man but he was talking bout moving to philly, super excited to get rid of one of his cars (betwen him and his GF) and he hella smart. He also has a good bit of nuance about him. I don't agree w/ him but I respect him a ton. pizzaguy is just a bunch of one phrase insults. no comparison imo

Old Posted May 27, 2018, 11:45 PM

Looks to me like some of those leaving should think about sticking around, at least if they want long lives, employment and general happiness:

https://www.cityhealthdashboard.com/...isco/city-view

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 1:42 AM
An Optimistic Realist

^^^ Yeah, that's great and all but if you can't afford it, what's the point? By the time I collect enough wealth to live in San Francisco, I will probably be retired, if I ever get there in my lifetime.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 2:19 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
As he said, you literally contribute nothing to this site - all you do is keep calling everybody else racist. Whatever it is you think you're achieving, a tip for you: it's not working.
Just you and Pedestrian so far. Keep projecting Bubba.

Quote:
If you find so many racists on SSP then I guess walking down the street must frighten you.
I'm not afraid of racists. They're too chickenshit to even admit their actual beliefs so they hide behind """conservatism""" to justify all their racist beliefs like the cowards they are.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Just you and Pedestrian so far. Keep projecting Bubba.

I'm not afraid of racists. They're too chickenshit to even admit their actual beliefs so they hide behind """conservatism""" to justify all their racist beliefs like the cowards they are.
Do you think anyone respects your opinions? How could they since you never explain why you hold them? And your opinions about racism are like all your other opinions: Unsupported nonsense amounting to little more than childish name-calling of those who don't agree with you.

Old Posted May 28, 2018, 3:00 AM
Posh

This thread seems to be serving no purpose anymore.

End

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > City Discussions