HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 1:28 PM

I wonder if these NIMBY'ers would have preferred the old designs, have to give Tricar credit for the changes they made though I personally liked the original plan the best.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 1:32 PM

I agree. The original point tower design was much better and had more open space. The NIMBY's now complain that the new design is shorter but fills the lot. Go back to the taller point tower please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
I wonder if these NIMBY'ers would have preferred the old designs, have to give Tricar credit for the changes they made though I personally liked the original plan the best.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 1:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSlippery519 View Post
I am never a fan of Tricar buildings, but yeah, the original 22 storey tower is better. From urban design standards, the approved building is just wrong. Where the "tower" got moved to or where the wings are placed doesn't make sense. I am a NIMBY to the current design. But these real NIMBY's don't care about looks. All those other buildings in that area are generic, boring and ugly aside from the Domus buildings. The people say they are concerned about the sun. Nonsense, they are sitting on their asses watching TV.

Last edited by UpstairsCranberry; Nov 15, 2018 at 1:42 AM.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2018, 2:15 PM
User Registered

Of course they do.

If you don't want dense development, don't live in a city yo.

My Simcity Stuff

Old Posted Apr 7, 2019, 7:15 PM

Does anyone have any updates on this project?

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 1:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haljackey View Post
Of course they do.

If you don't want dense development, don't live in a city yo.
That's what i'm saying! So sick of these people, go move into a small town if you don't want change. Half these people complaining going to be shoved in retirement homes pretty soon anyways

Old Posted Apr 12, 2019, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyeman200 View Post
That's what i'm saying! So sick of these people, go move into a small town if you don't want change. Half these people complaining going to be shoved in retirement homes pretty soon anyways
Most of the complaints are coming from the retirement home.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2019, 9:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Most of the complaints are coming from the retirement home.
Well then, why are they complaining? Most of them complaining probably won't even live to see the building complete.

Old Posted Jun 9, 2019, 12:31 PM

I would imagine Tricar is watching the news about the Masonville Mall project closely. What will our City Hall folks say?

Old Posted Nov 5, 2019, 9:27 PM

So what are the odds that Tricar starts this project or moves the crew from downtown to the Sunningdale Rd four 10s tower project. My vote is they will go next to the Sunningdale Rd site and let this project sit on the shelve for a while.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 12:00 AM

I was told this project is on hold and they are working on the Sunningdale Rd next. I heard it was due to the issues getting height approval where the Sunningdale project doesn't have any issues.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 5:59 PM

Smart move on their part. Likely revisit it in around 3-4 years after next municipal election. Masonville Mall parking lot projects may be underway in the interim and the opposition from the nimbys will have faded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulab19 View Post
I was told this project is on hold and they are working on the Sunningdale Rd next. I heard it was due to the issues getting height approval where the Sunningdale project doesn't have any issues.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Smart move on their part. Likely revisit it in around 3-4 years after next municipal election. Masonville Mall parking lot projects may be underway in the interim and the opposition from the nimbys will have faded.
Tricar told me it will be on hold for 2-3 years. I was also thinking the Cadillac Fairview project will hopefully move forward without any issues and then that will make it easier for this project.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2020, 11:17 PM

Zoning change for this now at 15 floors.

https://pub-london.escribemeetings.c...cumentId=74192

Old Posted Mar 2, 2022, 10:34 PM

Todays zoning app for a 22s across the street in the retail plaza should get Tricar's attention as the Secondary Plan for Masonville will be debated at City Hall over this new proposal.

Last edited by jammer139; Mar 3, 2022 at 1:10 PM.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2023, 10:15 PM

Nothing new has been said about this proposal in years so I'm assuming the moving of dirt going on there this week is just to keep the weeds down lol.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2023, 12:27 PM

Tricar has been waiting out all the Masonville Secondary Plan OLT appeals which still haven't been heard yet. Smart move on their part. CF has also been waiting on the OLT appeals before they move on building high rises in the parking lot of their mall. Given Westdell has proposed a 22s for their plaza on the NW corner and additional towers down the road I would expect Tricar to go back to their original zoning application and go higher. The secondary plan foolishly restricted heights and density in the Masonville area to appease the local Nimbys prior to the awareness of a housing crises. If proposals come in for taller towers and more density exceeding the secondary plan suggestions then they should be approved given the new realities of the housing shortage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Nothing new has been said about this proposal in years so I'm assuming the moving of dirt going on there this week is just to keep the weeds down lol.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 1:14 AM

Site-plan application was filed last month for an 11-storey apartment building on this site. The zoning was approved in 2018.

Interesting that Tricar is choosing to go from 15s to 11s.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2024, 1:11 PM

A little surprised by the reduction of height on this. Will likely mean a much larger floor plan then to maintain the number of units.

Look forward to see the renders of this shorter building they are proposing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianTalk View Post
Site-plan application was filed last month for an 11-storey apartment building on this site. The zoning was approved in 2018.

Interesting that Tricar is choosing to go from 15s to 11s.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates