HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Apr 10, 2015, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodgrowth View Post
Holy shit those garden walk outs on top are amazing...those last 3 units left won't last long.
I'm pretty sure they are all sold. That website has not been updated in a couple of years.

Old Posted Apr 14, 2015, 12:33 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

They're beautiful. And such a helpful location. We may soon start to feel like downtown extends farther west than Waldegrave.

Old Posted Apr 18, 2015, 12:54 PM

http://www.stjohns.ca/public-notice/...-kenmount-road

"The City has received an application from Pinnacle Engineering Ltd. on behalf of their clients to rezone property at 670 Kenmount Road (located in the Kenmount Terrace Subdivision) from the Residential Low Density (R1) Zone to the Residential Medium Density (R2) Zone. The purpose of this rezoning is to allow for the development of 110 semi-detached dwellings. Provision for adequate snow storage will be included in the proposed development."

Old Posted May 12, 2015, 11:38 PM

Noticed that there is some serious excavating going on at the site of the proposed Sandman Signature Hotel location on Kenmount Road. Has anyone seen a render or any kind of design for this hotel yet? Here is link to a recent opening of a Sandman Hotel in Kamloops BC. Not expecting it to be as big as this but this might give an idea of how the St. John's location may look.

http://armchairmayor.ca/2014/04/11/s...-for-business/

Old Posted May 13, 2015, 12:58 AM

Where exactly is the Sandman going?

Old Posted May 13, 2015, 2:01 AM

Kenmount Rd, just down from the Tim Hortons; between the TGH overpass and the Metro place.

Old Posted May 13, 2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_Mcfly View Post
Where exactly is the Sandman going?
Also to note, Sandman Hotel's parent company (Northland Propertes) also own numerous restaurants, including Moxie's. So you never know????

Old Posted May 13, 2015, 4:21 PM

They also own Denny's Restaurants too. I have seen some pics of Sandman hotels with Denny's attached to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by statbass View Post
Also to note, Sandman Hotel's parent company (Northland Propertes) also own numerous restaurants, including Moxie's. So you never know????

Old Posted May 13, 2015, 8:12 PM

I hope Denny's comes with the Sandman!! We have them all over BC. While most of it is just easy to make pub food, the breakfasts are awesome, and available all day!

Old Posted May 25, 2015, 3:13 AM

I'm hearing that the new West End High School on Topsail road is 5 months behind schedule. Rumour is that Booth will close as scheduled but students will be housed at Bishops College for the 2015/16 school year.

Old Posted Jun 28, 2015, 10:06 PM

Noticed a construction trailer between Shoppers Drug Mart in mt pearl and the former Rogers Video at Pearlgate. Anyone know what's happening there?

Old Posted Sep 24, 2015, 5:12 PM

I drove up Springdale St. today and noticed a construction fence up around the Salvation Army buildings and there was equipment on site that looked like it was ready for the demo. It would be nice to see some serious plans for the site before it becomes yet another empty lot.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2015, 5:08 PM

Can't remember if this was posted before but here is the LUAR for 120 LeMarchant Road, a 6 level condo with 2 levels of parking. A public meeting is happening October 14.

http://www.stjohns.ca/sites/default/...t%20Road_0.pdf

Old Posted Sep 26, 2015, 8:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoscStudent View Post
Can't remember if this was posted before but here is the LUAR for 120 LeMarchant Road, a 6 level condo with 2 levels of parking. A public meeting is happening October 14.
The building (The Harrington) looks nice. 64 units as condos or apartments (not clear if it's a mix, or if the developer will decide later), and 96 underground parking lots. Median unit around 1,550 sq ft, with penthouses up to 3,000 sq ft. The LUAR claims a pool and gym, though I don't see them in the floor plans. The lobby will have an indoor garden with a six storey atrium and skylight above. The roof will also feature a garden, accessible by condominium owners (perhaps top-floor penthouses will be sold and lower units rented). Looks like penthouses have a separate elevator. Developer wants to incorporate the Metrobus shelter into a small park area along Lemarchant. Where possible, mature trees will be preserved.

Last edited by jthetzel; Sep 20, 2016 at 11:08 AM.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2015, 1:49 PM

How'd I come to post that in this thread?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 6:14 PM

This project will be a nice addition to LeMarchant Road, I hope it gets speedy approval and that the developer moves forward with it as soon as possible. Marketing it as apartments might make it more viable at this time during the slow condo market. They could always convert to condos in a few years if the market improves.

I seem to recall that in the “grand” master plan for the future, LeMarchant road has been recognized as one of the neighborhoods the city would like to see improved/developed. Perhaps they should be pushed a little harder to put some meat on those plans, or will it be another case of the tail (developers) wagging the dog (the City). Instead of being proactive with any kind of conceptual plans the City always seems to be in reactive mode, based on what is put forward. As a good example, what is the “plan” for the Grace Hospital site? I know the City has held some meeting in the past to solicit ideas but what ever became of it?

LeMarchant Road has so much potential as a mixed use neighborhood, I only hope it can develop to its full potential. A cable car up Barter’s Hill might help…lol…walking “Down”town is no problem, coming back up..not so much fun

Old Posted Sep 28, 2015, 7:16 PM

I am fine with it too, but would like to see good street integration.

Old Posted Oct 9, 2015, 1:02 AM
♒︎ Empirically Canadian

Quote:
Originally Posted by niccanning View Post
I am fine with it too, but would like to see good street integration.
That appears to be lacking, there seems to be no entrance on Lemarchant Road where you would expect it to be. The overall impression is left a bit blank.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2015, 5:50 PM

Couple of photos I took of the new Shell Gas station and Needs Convenience store on the corner of Ropewalk Lane and Pennywell Road. That corner has been empty for so many decades, it's weird seeing this here on the site now.

Sorry I have forgotten how to post photos and I dont know now to delete postings. My brain hurts today. LOL

Last edited by Arrakis; Oct 16, 2015 at 6:01 PM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2015, 7:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrakis View Post
Sorry I have forgotten how to post photos and I dont know now to delete postings. My brain hurts today. LOL
I always forget too, and have to temporarily edit past posts to remind myself. If it's not too late, the image code is:
Code:
[img]http://path/to/image.jpg[/img]
And if you want to provide an embedded link:
Code:
[url="http://path/to/image.jpg"][img]http://path/to/image.jpg[/img][/url]
For the brain hurt, I recommend grabbing a few beers. The ethanol kills off the weak brain cells, allowing the strong to propagate.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's