HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction

Oceanwide Plaza Tower I in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Los Angeles Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Los Angeles Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Dec 27, 2013, 4:36 AM

according to LosAngelesSportsFan fig central has been sold to oceanwide real estate who will develop the site, once again great find LAsportsfan

Old Posted Dec 27, 2013, 7:37 AM

http://www.emporis.com/building/fig-...angeles-ca-usa
according to this its supposed to break ground next year finish 2016 fig central tower 1

Old Posted Dec 27, 2013, 10:12 PM
Ascension

From Curbed:

Quote:
Yesterday brought signs that the decades-stalled Metropolis project might be sputtering back to life; now South Park's other long-in-the-works megadevelopment, Fig Central, has a revived heartbeat too. Beijing-based developer Oceanwide Real Estate Group has agreed to buy the multi-million-dollar mixed-use project "for no more than $200 million," reports the Wall Street Journal; the project has been dying for that kind of cash influx since progress was halted by crappy market conditions back in 2008. "[T]he authorities' approval to build the project has been secured" already, Oceanwide said in a statement, suggesting that groundbreaking won't be far off, though there's no official date for completion.

First approved back in 2007, Fig Central, aka LA Central, would sit across the street from the Staples Center, at Eleventh and Twelfth between Flower and Figueroa Streets (currently a parking lot). Plans at the time included a 45-story high-rise, a 33-story tower, and a 222-room hotel and retail space, but it's unclear how much the new owners will deviate from the previous designs and plans.
http://la.curbed.com/archives/2013/1...m_the_dead.php

Old Posted Dec 27, 2013, 10:34 PM

It's been approved for years, but they'd still need construction permits. This is good news, but I'd like to see what the Moinian Group has to say before getting too excited. As we saw when the Greenland Group bought into the Metropolis project earlier this year, information from press releases can be inaccurate due to the language barrier.

Old Posted Dec 28, 2013, 3:33 AM

Are there any plans for this plot's twin across 12th Street?

Old Posted Jan 7, 2014, 7:58 AM
:o

Detective Mojeda:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojeda101 View Post
I just got off the phone with John Eichler, Executive Director of Fig Central. He told me the project will finally commence construction between 5-6 months. He really gave me optimism and hope. The project is updating their fire safety code to meet the current standard since they were still using the same code they used from 6 years ago. The code has recently been updated but that would only take a few months, and after that the project would essentially be shovel ready with Oceanwide wanting to start once they get the greenlight. Oceanwide will be making slight changes to the design, but nothing major. The project will still retain it's basic amenities in terms of hotel rooms and residential units so we won't be seeing any downsizing or upscaling. He was giving his opinion and he is happy to be claiming the biggest project in LA. He said his is around 1.5 million square feet compared to Grand Ave. being around 1.3. He gave his opinion on the news of Metropolis today and he believes that Greenland are still about a year from construction based on the permits and approvals they have yet to recieve.

This is it guys. By summer we should be seeing LA Live's neighbor rise

Old Posted Jan 18, 2014, 4:35 PM

Subscribed!

Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 10:13 PM

I got the same information.

They have already a nice website:

http://www.figcentral.la/index.html

Oceanwide will change our skyline very fast.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 10:22 PM
DENNAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRCRASH View Post

There is no way New York City will continue it's claim of having the most skyscrapers much longer.

I also hear Luxembourg is on it's way to passing the population of China in the near future...

No but seriously even if LA had more people it would never build one tenth of the high rises NY has because it is like one big suburb let alone surpass it.

Good to see at least some high rise action there though.

Old Posted Feb 13, 2014, 10:29 PM

Oh and by the way, Mr. Eichler wrote me:

"Mr. Pinnow, the below information that I gave is correct, except for the following Greenland is probably 6+ months away from starting construction; not 12 months."

I am really happy to hear that. I got my answer in 1 minute, this guy is very fast.

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 9:04 AM
BANNED

so, still no definitive date?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 8:32 PM

I'm a NYC guy but I am always interested to hear about other activity in the country. Could someone give me a rundown of the "major" projects going on in downtown?

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 8:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I'm a NYC guy but I am always interested to hear about other activity in the country. Could someone give me a rundown of the "major" projects going on in downtown?
ill include todays, and future developments

*Wilshire Grand
Grand Ave
*Metropolis
Fig Central
*Regional Connector
Mack Urban Towers
Onni Towers
Fig 36 story twin towers
Pershing square redo
*Bringing back Broadway
*Broad
Renaissance Hotel
Sixth Street Iconic Bridge
Barry Shy Projects
*The Bloc
Stationers Building
34 story shomof tower
Park CIM Tower
9th Olive 27 story tower
*wood partners tower
*too many 7 story shitboxes
LA streetcar

etc

*= going on right now

Old Posted Feb 18, 2014, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 112597jorge View Post
ill include todays, and future developments

*Wilshire Grand
Grand Ave
*Metropolis
Fig Central
*Regional Connector
Mack Urban Towers
Onni Towers
Fig 36 story twin towers
Pershing square redo
*Bringing back Broadway
*Broad
Renaissance Hotel
Sixth Street Iconic Bridge
Barry Shy Projects
*The Bloc
Stationers Building
34 story shomof tower
Park CIM Tower
9th Olive 27 story tower
*wood partners tower
*too many 7 story shitboxes
LA streetcar

etc

*= going on right now
Thanks for that. Here is to hoping the boom accelerates and even taller towers are built!

Old Posted Feb 20, 2014, 8:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I also hear Luxembourg is on it's way to passing the population of China in the near future...

No but seriously even if LA had more people it would never build one tenth of the high rises NY has because it is like one big suburb let alone surpass it.
Wait... are you actually replying to a comment I made 6 1/2 years ago... when I had JUST turned 18 years old?

Obviously, when I look back at that comment I can't help but laugh. I mean, really, my knowledge (while still relatively little) of real estate, economics, urbanity, socioeconomic patterns, etc is light-years from what it was back then.

Old Posted May 22, 2014, 8:04 PM

http://www.figcentral.la/index.html

The website is not working anymore, we need some updates.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 9:42 PM

Minor update regarding Fig Central (via Google translate)

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://www.money-link.com.tw/news/newsc.aspx%3Fsn%3D2014082900500296%26k%3D120&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dfig%2Bcentral%2Boceanwide%2Bgroup%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DHcV%26sa%3DX%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26channel%3Dsb%26biw%3D1440%26bih%3D743%26tbs%3Dqdr

Quote:
Hong Kong - Dow Jones Newswires Friday saw sales documents show that Chinese real estate developers Oceanwide Holdings Ltd (Oceanwide Holdings Co., Ltd., 000046.SZ referred to as: Oceanwide Holdings) intends to issue five years through overseas subsidiaries dollar-denominated bonds, investors will inquire; raising income intended for their real estate projects in Los Angeles Fig Central....

According to the information, Fig Central project site covers an area of 18,700 square meters, total construction area of 223,000 square meters, the project covers five-star hotels, luxury apartments, shopping centers.

Old Posted Aug 30, 2014, 1:18 PM

So Oceanwide has not the money for the project, but Mr. Eichler tells everybody, that they will start in 2014?

Or did I get something wrong?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 10:19 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

It appears they are issuing private bonds to finance the construction. If they sell enough of them in a short amount of time, and they have their construction drawings complete or near complete (which recent posts on this forum allude to), it's reasonable to accept that they might start construction by December. Remember, there are still four months left in the year.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 3:38 PM

http://www.mingtiandi.com/real-estat...er-debt-grows/

Oceanwide Real Estate Sells $320M Bond as Developer Debt Grows

Quote:
Oceanwide Real Estate International opened up a new season of bond issues this week with a $320M sale as debt by China’s real estate developers reached historic levels.

The international bond sale by the Beijing-based developer comes as Oceanwide seeks to develop a 45-storey five-star hotel, apartment and retail project that it acquired in December 2013 for $200 million.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Skyscraper & Highrise Construction