HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Dec 4, 2017, 7:12 PM

Wilmington is a great smaller city, and definitely has alot going for it! My aunt moved there to be closer to her job many years ago from Bucks County and she definitely enjoys it.

It really is a short drive to Wilmington only 33 miles, I will say though if we can beef up transit access between Philadelphia and Wilmington (an express SEPTA route) it would be a game changer and perhaps would make the 2 more conterminous. I took an Acela one time from Center City to Wilmington, it was MIND BLOWING. It only took about 15 minutes. (that drive would of been closer to 45 minutes).

Moving forward I think it would be in the region's best interest to bridge connections in both Wilmington and Trenton to Philadelphia. Trenton is always tied within NY metro, but it is far closer to Philadelphia, and I know from a commuting aspect many from the Trenton area commute into PA and vice versa.

I think the big divide in many ways is there are 3 distinct states with their own identities, and therefore you have competing government interests from each state. Anyways its a great time to be living in the Delaware Valley!

Also Northern Delaware and Southwest Chester & Delaware Counties are also very much the same. Much of that region shares that old money identity, with architecture, institutions, etc. Its referred to as the Brandywine Valley and extends both in DE and PA, with both sides sharing a good number of landmark institutions, sites.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations