HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted May 26, 2016, 9:04 PM
designer&stuff

Thanks for the comments everyone!

Quote:
I don't know much about KC's riverfront, but in addition to frequent flooding, much of the Mississippi shoreline in St. Louis city is still occupied by industry.
KC has industry too in parts, but mostly the city sits on a bluff, so it's not exactly close to the river. There is a riverfront trail and the Berkley Riverfront Park, which is finally receiving some residential construction nearby.

Quote:
also, i highly recommend coming back with a bike and getting a hotel near forest park, and using the park as a transportation corridor to explore all the adjacent neighborhoods on bike and foot. the cheshire is always a fun one - a british themed mid century place with an outdoor pool (fair warning: pool gets a bit drunk-douche with bad djs sometimes in the evening) and a fun little pub. the italian place in the basement is alright but skip the main restaurant - boundary.

bit of a tangent...there are good biking corridors like wydown blvd (which connects to demun, a small, urban, hidden apartment/commercial district in clayton proper) to the west through leafy 1920s mansion nabes (with a hidden greenway branch north to the u-city loop through washington university), plenty of connections (with a bike/pedestrian bridge) to the grove, bike paths all over the park, and of course the cwe has very bikable streets. theres bike shops out on either side of the park if you have an issue. also, stop at the boathouse for a beer mid-park.
I will certainly have to do this whenever I'm back. Thanks for the information.

Quote:
meant to ask...was the entire (arch) riverfront opened back up with the new terrace/pedestrian/bike paths? i haven't been down there in a bit and am out of town.
Not really. The area across from the courthouse was open, but much of the area was still closed off. You had to go around the old cathedral to get to the entrance of the arch and then part of the riverfront was open, but still not much was accessible. I was actually surprised BIG Architects used a lot of the old pathway system from the original grounds. At least that is what I thought they did.
“Most planning of the past fifteen years has been based upon three destructive fallacies: the cataclysmic insists upon tearing everything down in order to design from an absolutely clean slate; the automotive would plan for the free passage of the automobile at the expense of all other values; the suburban dislikes the city anyway and would just as soon destroy its density and strew it across the countryside.” Vince Scully

Old Posted May 26, 2016, 9:52 PM

I like that town despite all the hockey and baseball issues

Old Posted May 26, 2016, 10:33 PM
disneypilled verhoevenist

Quote:
Originally Posted by maru2501 View Post
I like that town despite all the hockey and baseball issues

the rest of the stanley cup playoff series paled in comparison to the energy of the blues-hawks games. theres no other sporting event i can think of that is as exciting (to me) as that combo.

Old Posted May 27, 2016, 3:22 AM
Red brick mama.

Very cool! St. Louis oozes with character out of every orifice!

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos