HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects

Boardwalk at Bricktown - Legends Tower in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Oklahoma City Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 2:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchGuy1 View Post
Have you talked with the developer of the Legends Tower about the plans if the project is scaled down based on eg. market demand. I think in that case, if the building is still the tallest in the State and City of Oklahoma, there should still be an observation deck on the top floor since people were curious if one was planned for the Devon Energy Center.
I think if built it would probably scaled down. However, even if it ends up being like 1,150 feet tall it would still be the tallest building in the US outside of Chicago and NYC.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 2:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare2016 View Post
No I haven't talked to him but I think a building of this magnitude will likely have an observation deck/area.
You might want to actually talk to him about this as many cities do NOT have an observation deck on top of any or their buildings or have a ferris wheel, tower, or hilltop/mountain observation area dedicated for such a purpose. Examples include Little Rock, Nashville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Omaha, Tampa, Houston, Fort Worth, Tulsa, and Edmonton.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 3:34 AM
Future Mayor of Chicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altoic View Post
The top will probably be a penthouse showcasing the most spectacular views of dirt and tornadoes.

Wait this building is a weather man's dream

I remember all the bragging about NYC's Central Park Tower having the highest residence in the world. Well if this thing is built it could very well have residences higher up than Central Park Tower with views of sprawling Oklahoma City and the vast plains behind. I wonder if there is a market for people who want to live high up in a skyscraper no matter where it is and/or people who can't afford such places in NYC or even Chicago. I used to live in the John Hancock Center for a spell and I liked bragging how cheap it was compared to NYC real estate. Well Oklahoma City supertall living is like wholesale skyscraper real estate, you get the sheer height but in a generic city.

And/or they could build a super high up hotel like they do in a number of Chinese super talls. Probably both hotels and residential to fill all the floors of this thing. I can't imagine there is a huge demand for that much office space in OKC. Plus the observation deck/restaurants.

I also wonder if the name will change to Oklahoma Tower or OK Tower like the CN Tower. Could this tower by itself make Oklahoma City a tourist destination?! Even most cities well know for a particular landmark like Seattle and the Space Needle or St Louis and the Arch have some kind of history or water feature like a connection to an ocean or being on a major River. I know OKC has a Riverwalk in Bricktown on whatever that body of water is, looks almost like a touristified creek. But my point is this tower if built as planned may be an extreme case of a tower making a city a destination. Route 66 tourism has become big in recent years and Oklahoma is on Route 66 and this would be like the biggest roadside attraction ever!

"Auto-centric suburban sprawl is the devil physically manifesting himself in the built environment."

Last edited by Chicago103; Jan 31, 2024 at 3:45 AM.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 4:22 AM

Quote:
You might want to actually talk to him about this as many cities do NOT have an observation deck on top of any or their buildings or have a ferris wheel, tower, or hilltop/mountain observation area dedicated for such a purpose. Examples include Little Rock, Nashville, Charlotte, Raleigh, Omaha, Tampa, Houston, Fort Worth, Tulsa, and Edmonton.
Wichita doesn't either. There is a sign by the elevator of our tallest building in Wichita and in Kansas that says there is no observatory area in the building.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 4:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago103 View Post
Ironically Oklahoma City surpassed New York City in height once before. In 1954 the first structure to surpass the Empire State Building in height to become the world's tallest structure was a guyed tv tower in Oklahoma City 1,576 feet tall. So it would be kind of poetic if it happened again. 1,907 feet tall would not only make it tallest building in the United States but it would also be the tallest freestanding structure in the western hemisphere surpassing the CN Tower. There are 2,000+ foot tall guyed towers in North Dakota and elsewhere so it won't be tallest structure in the United States.

http://https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wi...Tower_Oklahoma

Also I found this YouTube video of when it was dismantled in 2015:

https://youtu.be/Qapot6VQ7LI?si=PGEGMNbbIHeTrMjx
The Empire State Building was surpassed in height as the tallest freestanding structure in the world by the Ostankino Tower in Moscow in 1967.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ostankino_Tower
The first actual building taller than the Empire State Building was the now destroyed Twin Towers of the World Trade Center, which surpassed the Empire State Building in 1971 or 1972.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_...3%E2%80%932001)

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 8:46 AM

If this was to be built in Toronto or even Austin Tx or Dare i say Edmonton OR Calgary this tower would fit into their skylines a LOT Better than in OKC
But also if OKC builds this, it could very well spur a MAJOR skyscraper boom

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 4:36 PM

Old Posted Jan 31, 2024, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakespeare2016 View Post
Wichita doesn't either. There is a sign by the elevator of our tallest building in Wichita and in Kansas that says there is no observatory area in the building.
Makes me want you to ask the developer of the Legends Tower if he plans on including an observation deck even if the project is scaled down to about 900-1,000 feet tall

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 2:05 AM
devout Pizzatarian

^ you said "observation deck".

DRINK!

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 3:26 AM

Quote:
Makes me want you to ask the developer of the Legends Tower if he plans on including an observation deck even if the project is scaled down to about 900-1,000 feet tall
I do not know anything about the developer. Maybe you should try contacting him about it.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 4:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago103 View Post
I remember all the bragging about NYC's Central Park Tower having the highest residence in the world. Well if this thing is built it could very well have residences higher up than Central Park Tower with views of sprawling Oklahoma City and the vast plains behind. I wonder if there is a market for people who want to live high up in a skyscraper no matter where it is and/or people who can't afford such places in NYC or even Chicago. I used to live in the John Hancock Center for a spell and I liked bragging how cheap it was compared to NYC real estate. Well Oklahoma City supertall living is like wholesale skyscraper real estate, you get the sheer height but in a generic city.

And/or they could build a super high up hotel like they do in a number of Chinese super talls. Probably both hotels and residential to fill all the floors of this thing. I can't imagine there is a huge demand for that much office space in OKC. Plus the observation deck/restaurants.

I also wonder if the name will change to Oklahoma Tower or OK Tower like the CN Tower. Could this tower by itself make Oklahoma City a tourist destination?! Even most cities well know for a particular landmark like Seattle and the Space Needle or St Louis and the Arch have some kind of history or water feature like a connection to an ocean or being on a major River. I know OKC has a Riverwalk in Bricktown on whatever that body of water is, looks almost like a touristified creek. But my point is this tower if built as planned may be an extreme case of a tower making a city a destination. Route 66 tourism has become big in recent years and Oklahoma is on Route 66 and this would be like the biggest roadside attraction ever!
There is also tourism in Oklahoma City due to Western cowboy heritage, the State Capitol, and the site of the 1995 Murrah Building bombing. If this project comes to pass, the Legends Tower observation deck would be the most popular attraction in the city.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 4:29 AM
Registered (Nimby Ab)User

Location: At a computer, wasting my life on a skyscraper website
I heard theyre putting an observation deck on every third floor

I heard the UN is moving its HQ there. The eiffel tower is moving there soon as well. Elon Musk even decided he didnt want to go to mars anymore after visiting.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 2:17 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.savvydime.com/the-talles...in-new-york-2/

A New Record-Breaking Skyscraper Rises in the U.S. Outside of NYC

Story by Ben Campbell

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 2:49 PM
devout Pizzatarian

^ "rises"

LOL!

I love the present tense of these headlines written by people who apparently don't know how any of this works.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2024, 9:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ "rises"

LOL!

I love the present tense of these headlines written by people who apparently don't know how any of this works.
Under the "Constructing an Icon for the City" headline they inexplicably show a picture of Boston.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2024, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
https://www.savvydime.com/the-talles...in-new-york-2/

A New Record-Breaking Skyscraper Rises in the U.S. Outside of NYC

Story by Ben Campbell
How popular do you think the observation deck on top of the Legends Tower would become compared to the five skyscraper observation decks currently in New York City. Those are the Empire State Building, Top of the Rock, One World Trade Center, Edge at Hudson Yards, and Summit One Vanderbilt.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2024, 1:12 AM
devout Pizzatarian

^ DRINK!

i

Old Posted Feb 2, 2024, 1:36 AM
Future God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steely Dan View Post
^ DRINK!

i

For real though are we being punked?

-Bob Marley

Old Posted Feb 2, 2024, 4:37 AM

Quote:
How popular do you think the observation deck on top of the Legends Tower would become compared to the five skyscraper observation decks currently in New York City. Those are the Empire State Building, Top of the Rock, One World Trade Center, Edge at Hudson Yards, and Summit One Vanderbilt.
Once you get above a certain point height doesn't seem to matter unless you like seeing objects like vehicles getting smaller and smaller.

Old Posted Feb 2, 2024, 5:59 AM

I wonder if this project will have an observation deck?

Things will be great when you're downtown.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Never Built & Visionary Projects