HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Feb 23, 2010, 10:46 PM
BANNED

Anyone in here wear suits?

I wear a suit daily and found a place where I can join "membership" for $25 and then am able to buy any suit in the place for $100. I've known the guy for years and I consider him to be a reliable contact, but I'm a bit leary of $100 "calvin klein" and "ralph lauren" suits. He swears they are not irregular or knock-offs.

Does anyone know enough about suits that they may be able to put some light on this one?

www.mensapparelclubphoenix.com

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 12:37 AM

Never heard of them. Some glancing around in google showed pretty good reviews. Most of my dress clothes dates back to before I went to law school, so I'm really not that knowledgeable. My ex-partner would know...

You have to wear a jacket every day? Ick...I personally can't stand dress clothes in general, especially slacks and dress shoes. Men's dress clothing is so boring and it looks pretty much the same as 100 years ago.

This is one of the many reasons why I'd never want to work for one of the big stuffy corporate defense firms downtown. Ick and double ick.

--don

Old Posted Feb 24, 2010, 1:00 AM
under the influence...

Just buy them at the Dillard's Clearance centers (Metrocenter or Fiesta Mall).

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 12:51 AM
Todo para la familia

THe last suit I bought was in Colombia. I went to a chain down there called Arturo Calle. Custom fitted and the whole ensemble (Jacket, pants, two shirts, two ties) was 145 bucks. Nice black suit with blue pinstripes.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 3:45 AM

this is the guy across from San Carlos, used to be in San Carlos, and I've bought several things from him before. This is a new gimick but I've always been well taken care of by him in the past. He's a good guy.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 2:36 PM
BANNED

I'd like to see the hat come back with suits. I'd also like to see Americans take more pride in their personal appearance, but those days are long gone.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 4:34 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by phxbyrd View Post
this is the guy across from San Carlos, used to be in San Carlos, and I've bought several things from him before. This is a new gimick but I've always been well taken care of by him in the past. He's a good guy.
You are right that it is barry, but he has moved to 3 st and camelback.

Ive purchased things from him in the past as well as sent him a ton of business when i was at te wyndham but at the timw i knew i was buying brand x.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 4:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo the Dog View Post
I'd like to see the hat come back with suits. I'd also like to see Americans take more pride in their personal appearance, but those days are long gone.
It seems like that is the ONLY thing that people care about these days.. their personal appearance and how they look.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2010, 7:19 PM

If he's moved then that's a big loss for DT which has no place to buy clothes. In the early days of AZC there were several clothing stores but now I can't think of any.

I think part of it is that he uses "Lauren" which isn't Polo or "Ralph Lauren". I think the same is true for Calvin Klien but I don't know what they call it. So you are getting clothes from the manufacturer, but their sub-brand. I'm ok with that and you have to figure he's getting a wholesale price far below Dillards or Macy's prices and he has a Fedex account and can save on bulk shipping costs. Since he onlt rents cheap spaces he can maintian his stated mark-up which isn't that high.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2010, 9:32 AM

Location: Country Club Park, Greater Coronado, Midtown, Phoenix, Az
Sorry Vicelord, Im no help in the suit department. And I hope this doesn't come across like a thread hi-jack but it seems somewhat related....

Does anyone know of a good hat shop in the Valley, preferably in Central Phx? I dont mean something like Lidz or The Hat Club (though Id kill for one of those downtown as well) but a place to buy dressier, traditional hats? When I was in St Louis they had a terrific place downtown called Levine Hats which I imagine is kept alive in part due to their large African American population which generally is more stylish and hat wearing. But I have terrible hair and a goofy mug, so I always appreciate the distraction a hat can bring.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest