HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 9:00 PM

I could care less what an Office I don't work in looks like on the inside. That goes condo's I don't live in as well. You should see inside a Deloitte office. new or old. :S

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 9:52 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
Maybe it's because they are trying to fit too many people on the floor. Some offices from the outside, all I've ever seen, look very nice and soft lighting. Other floors are hard lighting, and look like they are packed with people.
I haven't been on the high rise floors. They could be fine. The lower half of the tower is really cramped. It's too long and narrow. I've been on executive floors. They had no more people on it than expected. Some of the offices are nice but, there was little room left for EAs and filing. Some of the EAs were seated ridiculously far from their boss' office.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 10:03 PM
The Fruit of Discipline

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorontoDrew View Post
I could care less what an Office I don't work in looks like on the inside. That goes condo's I don't live in as well. You should see inside a Deloitte office. new or old. :S
I'd be curious to see their existing and new office space, got any links to pics? I heard they're using an innovative new format for the BA2 tower, with even senior executives having to share space!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 10:10 PM
I am the law!

Quote:
Condo are completely different. Developers can do whatever they want and pre-purchasers just have to take it. Office tenants control the situation. BA2 is very much a product of tenants wants and desire. Maybe Scotia Plaza and other aspiring towers crappy floor plans had a role.

Old Posted Sep 4, 2015, 9:35 PM
Fake News

An update on the glass on Brookfield Place courtesy of SurrealPlaces. The taper is becoming quite noticeable now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surrealplaces View Post
Some pics of the glass corners on Brookfield Place. Now that there are 4 levels of glass you can see the angle at which the corner radius widens. I think the corners on the upper floors will have quite a large radius. Should be very cool.

Brookfield Place by Construction Mania, on Flickr

Brookfield Place by Construction Mania, on Flickr

Old Posted Sep 6, 2015, 10:00 PM
gettin' rich!

Walked by Harbourplaza today. Can clearly see both towers from the south and north sides at the same time at ground level.

I was walking through Maple Leaf Square and York Street.

Old Posted Sep 7, 2015, 7:26 PM
Community Guy

Is there nicer glass?

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Sep 7, 2015, 8:45 PM
gettin' rich!

Based on what's happening at One Bloor, might be another year and a half before we see balcony glass. Probably will resemble One Bloor balcony glass as well.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 1:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Condo are completely different. Developers can do whatever they want and pre-purchasers just have to take it. Office tenants control the situation. BA2 is very much a product of tenants wants and desire. Maybe Scotia Plaza and other aspiring towers crappy floor plans had a role.
Again, how does Scotia Tower have a crappy floor plan? Also I know how office spaces work vs Condo. BA2 has done nothing to create better floor plans it's a box. Build a box and you have a simple layout to work with, about as tough to work with as an outlet mall. Buildings like the Bow and Scotia may have awkward floor plates but tenants want to be in landmark towers. Some of the best looking skyscrapers have floor plates that force the interior designers to get creative. An Intern to figure out what to do at BA2. It;s a perfect building and has perfect floor-plates to handle some amazing cubical space for accounting firms.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 2:07 AM
I am the law!

I already explained it several times.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 6:18 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Again, how does Scotia Tower have a crappy floor plan? Also I know how office spaces work vs Condo. BA2 has done nothing to create better floor plans it's a box. Build a box and you have a simple layout to work with, about as tough to work with as an outlet mall. Buildings like the Bow and Scotia may have awkward floor plates but tenants want to be in landmark towers. Some of the best looking skyscrapers have floor plates that force the interior designers to get creative. An Intern to figure out what to do at BA2. It;s a perfect building and has perfect floor-plates to handle some amazing cubical space for accounting firms.
Pretty much this. That's why things tend to get a bit more creative with mixed use these days, as strictly office buildings have mostly become econo construction boxes. Even The Bow was value-engineered nearly to death from its original conception.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/boki...6654a.jpg.html

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/boki...0f027.jpg.html

But in all honesty, I don't lement at all the product we received. I love The Bow from all angles, even it's wide NE exposure.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 2:27 PM

^ Damnit, I wish I could unsee the initial proposal for The Bow. Sometimes it's better not to know what a building was originally supposed to look like, so you can fully appreciate what was ultimately built.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 3:08 PM

Indeed.. Shame it had the cheapening applied.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 3:23 PM
I am the law!

I don't really care for the crown and would have cast shadows on the river pathway. The expansive atria and pods were a loss but understand their reduction. Where they really cheaped out is the plaza and grounds.

Old Posted Sep 8, 2015, 6:33 PM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
I don't really care for the crown and would have cast shadows on the river pathway. The expansive atria and pods were a loss but understand their reduction. Where they really cheaped out is the plaza and grounds.
Not to mention the entire cultural building comprising the south block. Today it sits as a deck.

Old Posted Sep 9, 2015, 4:30 AM
gettin' rich!

This is the East site of Massey Tower. I do not believe the tower will be built over this site, this might just be parking. The construction bridge connects this east site with the site on the west which fronts onto Yonge. I'm not sure.....but it looks like there is a crane base at the bottom right of my photo.

Massey Tower - 207 meters

Last edited by caltrane74; Sep 9, 2015 at 10:22 AM.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 6:19 PM
Community Guy

DP to be posted shortly, but Stantec is indeed 250.8m at 66 floors.

Old Posted Sep 10, 2015, 6:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caltrane74 View Post
This is the East site of Massey Tower. I do not believe the tower will be built over this site, this might just be parking. The construction bridge connects this east site with the site on the west which fronts onto Yonge. I'm not sure.....but it looks like there is a crane base at the bottom right of my photo.

Massey Tower - 207 meters
No underground parking at Massey. Parking will be on levels 3 to 7 (five in total).

It will also be one of those fancy automated parking systems.

Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 1:56 PM
Community Guy

Old Posted Sep 11, 2015, 3:21 PM
gettin' rich!

Well, its confirmed city document: 250.8 meters!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada