HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 11:53 PM

This might be hitting the news sometime tomorrow. I've got multiple well known TV reporters working on this.

So far, one reporter has determined that the unit is no longer available, which means they have defaulted on their promise. So far the company is trying to avoid the media, saying the company owner "isn't available".

Some might argue that I'm looking for my 15 minutes of fame because I've taken this to the media and that I'm some obnoxious freak trying to get attention. The last thing I wanted to do was go on TV. But what else can I do, aside from suing them?

Old Posted Sep 2, 2015, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by manny_santos View Post
This might be hitting the news sometime tomorrow. I've got multiple well known TV reporters working on this.

So far, the reporter has determined that the unit is no longer available, which means they have defaulted on their promise.

Some might argue that I'm looking for my 15 minutes of fame because I've taken this to the media and that I'm some obnoxious freak trying to get attention. The last thing I wanted to do was go on TV. But what else can I do, aside from suing them?
It would seem helpful to make public their shady practice. I suspect they will make good on what they owe you within an hour of any media coverage.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 12:51 AM

I just read your initial post again... seriously, it's crystal clear they have to give you your deposit back, no ifs or buts about that. Your application ended up not being approved, so there's no reason for them to hold onto the deposit any more, it has to be returned.

If after verbal threats they're STILL hanging onto that deposit of yours, they're just asking for whatever your next step will be. If it's the media then so be it... it's their own fault, after all.

You can also ask for a bit more, to compensate for your time, the annoyance, the stress (credit card bill not paid, etc.) It would be quite normal to do so.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2015, 2:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lio45 View Post
I just read your initial post again... seriously, it's crystal clear they have to give you your deposit back, no ifs or buts about that. Your application ended up not being approved, so there's no reason for them to hold onto the deposit any more, it has to be returned.

If after verbal threats they're STILL hanging onto that deposit of yours, they're just asking for whatever your next step will be. If it's the media then so be it... it's their own fault, after all.

You can also ask for a bit more, to compensate for your time, the annoyance, the stress (credit card bill not paid, etc.) It would be quite normal to do so.
That sounds reasonable; if in the end I take them to court, I'll be asking for more than double the amount in question in damages.

I must extend thanks to Citytv for their help so far. This is the kind of local television voice that Moses Znaimer intended for Toronto viewers, to help the people fight and seek justice. I am lucky to live in a city with this kind of media voice. Even with all the changes in the media landscape, this is a media voice that still sticks up for Torontonians when they need help.

The name of the company is Wynn Family Properties. I don't want to see another Toronto resident victimized by this company, and I will do whatever is necessary to protect everyone from them. I know two people in the process of moving to Toronto right now and I've advised them both to avoid this company.

Last edited by manny_santos; Sep 3, 2015 at 2:34 AM.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2015, 3:45 AM

Well, the story aired yesterday on CityNews, and although a manager from the company said on TV that they'd pay me if I came into the office, I haven't gotten a cent yet. I went in today.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada