HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > SSP: Local Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver

Old Posted Oct 4, 2014, 2:07 AM

South Creek Landing is a nice-looking building, but I must say it doesn't catch one's attention. I have driven by a lot recently and can't remember noticing the building at all.

Old Posted Oct 5, 2014, 11:33 PM

You're probably (and rightly) observing traffic - it's pretty busy around there with ramps, merges and turns.

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 2:06 AM
Vancouver Moderator

Does anyone know if there are plans for the two empty lots on the east side of Abbot st. ?

Old Posted Oct 6, 2014, 6:42 AM

The burned out roof of the nearly complete Granville Gardens seniors residence at Granville & 49th (my photo)

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Posted Oct 9, 2014, 11:26 PM

eyes on update, no pics

some Cambie St, updates:
@ Empire at QE W 29th + Cambie
All concrete, and they are pouring concrete on the 6th and final floor. This might be the best project outside of downtown as it will have great views, is next to a huge QE park, Canada Line, good road connection, is a low rise but not built with wood, close to hospitals... So long as the windows keep the busy road noise out, it's kind of perfect for a condo. I forget the name of the nearby similar project at 33rd, but it was further along and close to finishing.

@ Parc Elise W 29th + Cambie
Kitty corner to Empire, just signs and no preparatory work yet. Art is suggestive of nice tiling at the entryway

@ Cambie Star King Edward + Cambie
Other than Marine Gateway and Aberdeen Mall, this is the first project built adjoining a Canada Line entrance. Fence up, no excavation yet.

@ New Vij's location, W 13th + Cambie
There's definitely been construction work, but it seems to be a gutting for a renovation instead of a new building. I don't know how the Vij's Surrey location turned out, but hopefully this is as good of an expansion as Chambar's turned out.

Old Posted Oct 10, 2014, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genauso View Post
some Cambie St, updates:
@ Empire at QE W 29th + Cambie
All concrete, and they are pouring concrete on the 6th and final floor. This might be the best project outside of downtown as it will have great views, is next to a huge QE park, Canada Line, good road connection, is a low rise but not built with wood, close to hospitals... So long as the windows keep the busy road noise out, it's kind of perfect for a condo. I forget the name of the nearby similar project at 33rd, but it was further along and close to finishing.

@ Parc Elise W 29th + Cambie
Kitty corner to Empire, just signs and no preparatory work yet. Art is suggestive of nice tiling at the entryway

@ Cambie Star King Edward + Cambie
Other than Marine Gateway and Aberdeen Mall, this is the first project built adjoining a Canada Line entrance. Fence up, no excavation yet.

@ New Vij's location, W 13th + Cambie
There's definitely been construction work, but it seems to be a gutting for a renovation instead of a new building. I don't know how the Vij's Surrey location turned out, but hopefully this is as good of an expansion as Chambar's turned out.
A new retail building is also under construction on Cambie between 7th and 8th (west side of the street) where the Thai restaurant used to be. Demolition of the Cambie Cafe restaurant and apartments is not yet underway.

A little east of Cambie (on Broadway) marketing is underway for the new Citti development.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 6:13 AM

This is dedicated to all you mid-rise lovers.

Pinnacle Living on Broadway has been completed for a while, but I didn't recall seeing a thorough photo set. It turned out pretty nicely by Pinnacle standards - much better than the junk they recently dumped in SEFC, though lacking refinement in a few places. There were still a few angles I couldn't shoot due to the commencement of Monday's heavy downpour. Architecture by Bingham Hill, Pinnacle's partner in crime with much of their recent work.

The site for 10th and Maple is still cleared and fenced-off, no activity.

DSC09686 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09689 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09770 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

This window wall is probably my favorite feature. Beautiful on a cloudy Vancouver day:

DSC09772 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09699 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09693 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09692 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09701 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

The alley is all loading-bays and garage entries, but handled attractively enough:

DSC09703 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09743 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09705 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09727 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

This side of the east block is the messiest part of the complex:

DSC09734 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09711 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09719 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09746 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09753 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09760 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09761 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09790 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09792 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

DSC09764 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

While I wouldn't complain about a consistent streetwall of this scale, Broadway should be able to handle 10-11 floors. What we have here would be more appropriate for something like Cambie, 41st, or Main:
DSC09795 by Thermidoria, on Flickr

Last edited by BodomReaper; Oct 15, 2014 at 4:11 PM.

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 7:17 AM
Vancouver Moderator

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 5:04 PM

Thanks for the pictures!

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 9:16 PM

Old Posted Oct 15, 2014, 11:03 PM

Thanks for the update. I wonder how long they tried to grab that last property on the corner to get the whole block.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > SSP: Local Vancouver > Downtown & City of Vancouver