HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 8:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country View Post

They have one of the better websites that I've seen for an apartment building. They have nice top down renderings of the floor plans.

http://thegaustin.com/

Glad they have a nice website to make up for that hideous excuse of an apartment building.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 8:03 PM

Has anybody been by the Aspen Heights or Hotel Indigo sites in the last few days? I would think Aspen Heights could be U/C by now since there is no underground parking. The crane for Hotel Indigo should be up by now as well.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 8:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
Glad they have a nice website to make up for that hideous excuse of an apartment building.
TRuly!!!!! They couldn't even fulfill the design. They cut back detail from this!
And the finish out is truly cheaper than cheap.
Plus, I have no idea how the city let them get away with the mess of a sidewalk.
It is the new worst.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 8:21 PM

Check out their Facebook page. There are a lot of unhappy people because the building wasn't ready for students to move into by the start of the school as promised. The "G" management doesn't even seem to making an effort to purge all the negative comments.

https://www.facebook.com/TheGAustin

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 8:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahealy View Post
I think the best part is this guy on the second render:

"I am not in danger, Skyler. I am the danger. A guy gets pushed into the pool and you think that of me? No. I am the one who shoves!"

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Has anybody been by the Aspen Heights or Hotel Indigo sites in the last few days? I would think Aspen Heights could be U/C by now since there is no underground parking. The crane for Hotel Indigo should be up by now as well.
Red River was shut down yesterday in front of the Indigo site. I haven't been by today to see if the crane was up.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Same with Millennium Rainey.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Same with Millennium Rainey.
I go by that Millennium monstrosity on my way home for work, so I keep up with that one. The first of two crane bases has been in place for weeks (months?) but no crane sections have ever arrived. That site is busy with workers every day I go by it, but nothing seems to be progressing.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 10:49 PM

Quote:
I go by that Millennium monstrosity on my way home for work, so I keep up with that one. The first of two crane bases has been in place for weeks (months?) but no crane sections have ever arrived. That site is busy with workers every day I go by it, but nothing seems to be progressing.
I'm sure it's only a matter of time before the crane pieces arrive.

Old Posted Sep 5, 2014, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Check out their Facebook page. There are a lot of unhappy people because the building wasn't ready for students to move into by the start of the school as promised. The "G" management doesn't even seem to making an effort to purge all the negative comments.

https://www.facebook.com/TheGAustin
It will be re-named/painted within 5 yrs....It's just tooooo bad to be true.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 12:49 AM

Quote:
According to this Building ATX article anyone making less than $26.4K per year (or $12.70 per hour) is eligible to rent an apartment at Capitol Studios. That is an extremely good deal. People making a lot more money than that can't afford to live in the area. One has to try hard to not make $12.70 per hour.

http://buildingatx.com/2014/09/capit...letion-photos/
Hmm, I should tell all my coworkers that they're all trying very hard to make less than $12.70 per hour. I'm sure that would come as quite a shock to them. SMH

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 6:57 AM
Representing the ATX!!!

I don't like to be a downer about things like this cause I usually try to find the upside to construction start setbacks, but what with the Fairmont mess I'm not sure we are going to see anything happen with Waller Park Place either. It stands to reason that whatever issues regarding Waller Creek and retaining walls would apply to Waller Park Place as well. There has been no word at all of when we could see construction and there is nothing going on at all in terms of clearing the lot.

Same goes with 99 Trinity. There is nothing new regarding that project and nothing has been done to clear the lot. I'm beginning to feel that it will be awhile longer before we see that section of DT fill up with cranes. The western end will continue to be the epicenter of major highrise construction for the foreseeable future.

I'm so over the MACC too.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 7:56 AM

I am kind of confused. The link below is to a map of proposed FEMA changes to the 100year flood plain maps for Austin. In this map none of Waller Creek shows up in a 100 year flood plain, but big chunks of downtown along Shoal Creek do show up. This includes blocks that have already been built with highrises and blocks where highrises are now under construction. I guess Waller Creek is not showing on the proposed new maps because of the changes wrought by the new tunnel. I can't locate a map of the existing 100 year flood plain for downtown. Anybody know where there is a link to such a map?

http://www.atxfloods.com/FP_mods/Map.html

Last edited by austlar1; Sep 6, 2014 at 8:20 AM.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 8:08 AM

I guess maybe I found a map of the current Waller Creek flood zone. I located this map on the Waller Creek website. If the area shaded in green is the 28 acres being removed from the 100 year flood plain, it does appear that the site of the proposed Waller Park 3 building complex is in that flood plain, but it also looks like the Shore and the new Hotel Van Zandt managed to proceed with construction in spite of the fact that they are also in the flood plain, as is the Mexican Heritage facility and many other low rise structures. Most of Rainey St. seems to be in the current flood zone, but I can't tell whether land where the Milago and the two other high rise towers along Rainey are also in the current flood zone.

http://www.wallercreek.org/overview

Last edited by austlar1; Sep 6, 2014 at 8:26 AM.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdawgboy View Post
I don't like to be a downer about things like this cause I usually try to find the upside to construction start setbacks, but what with the Fairmont mess I'm not sure we are going to see anything happen with Waller Park Place either. It stands to reason that whatever issues regarding Waller Creek and retaining walls would apply to Waller Park Place as well. There has been no word at all of when we could see construction and there is nothing going on at all in terms of clearing the lot.

Same goes with 99 Trinity. There is nothing new regarding that project and nothing has been done to clear the lot. I'm beginning to feel that it will be awhile longer before we see that section of DT fill up with cranes. The western end will continue to be the epicenter of major highrise construction for the foreseeable future.

I'm so over the MACC too.
The difference between 99 Trinity and Waller Park Place and the Fairmont is that 99 Trinity and Waller Park Place have financing while the Fairmont has never had the financing lined up.

World Class Capital said they had the financing for 99 Trinity when they announced the project:

http://www.wccapitalgroup.com/downlo...ment_Tower.pdf

Waller Park Place has McCourt Global as a financial partner. But it is not clear if McCourt Global is backing the entire project or just part of it. From McCourt Global's website:
http://www.mg.com/mccourt-global-tea...-austin-texas/

Both 99 Trinity and Waller Park Place are working through the permit process, and there don't seem to be any delays outside of that.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 4:54 PM

Speaking of 99 Trinity Tower, did anyone see this?

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/local...ents/15163765/

I wonder if there was a mix up in which the news got the wrong plans for the proposed 3i story tower at Fair Park in Dallas? I wonder if these are new renderings of 99 Trinity Tower?

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 5:51 PM

Location: Austin -> San Antonio -> Columbia -> San Antonio -> Chicago -> Austin -> Denver
Uh... What exactly makes you think that this is a mix up and that this is really an Austin project rendering???

I see absolutely nothing to indicate this and your pictures/links aren't loading either other than the news article/video from WFAA.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 6:00 PM

Because the rendering shows the fours seasons tower in it and the building right next to the four seasons.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 6:04 PM

At least on the video anyways. You can clearly see them in the background. It is definitely Austin. Even the raddison is in the background.

Old Posted Sep 6, 2014, 6:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwmiv View Post
Uh... What exactly makes you think that this is a mix up and that this is really an Austin project rendering???

I see absolutely nothing to indicate this and your pictures/links aren't loading either other than the news article/video from WFAA.
The mix up in the news can happen from time to time. Since we haven't heard anything from 99 Trinity Tower in a while, this may or may not be a newer image of the project.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > Austin