HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 8:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
If I saw a button that said "click here for nude pictures of Kim Jong Il" I might click once out of curiosity
Anyone who says they would not click that button, would be a liar.

Old Posted May 11, 2020, 8:50 PM

Only once...

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azsunsurfer View Post
Yes these are the same "experts" who have revised the estimate from 2 million deaths to 200,000 K deaths.
LOL. No.

These are people who tracked different sets of statistics after the fact to see other patterns. You know that throwing "scare quotes" around "words" like "experts" doesn't make something "smarter," right? The modelers were working with a completely new and unknown virus, and projecting based upon the unlimited complexity of the behavior of hundreds of millions Americans. Based on that, the original modelers were incredibly accurate. Trump said that it was 15, and going to nothing, and the modelers predicted between 100,000 to multiple millions. If we did nothing at all, it likely would have been at the high end. Americans stayed home, and we didn't get a direct hit (although we did worse than we would have if we had a coordinated and focused national effort from the beginning). The experts were correct within unbelievable complexity, and now the data sorters are correct based upon the new data.

I know that math is hard, but please do get out of the talk radio contrarian posturing for two seconds. Or don't.

Old Posted May 12, 2020, 3:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggus diggus View Post
Only once...
LOL

I'm surprised that you didn't get your screen name from *that* trauma.

Old Posted May 17, 2020, 11:04 PM

Very interesting interview with this Dr. Atlas from Stanford Medical and the Hoover Institute.

https://video.foxnews.com/v/6157181318001#sp=show-clips

Old Posted Jun 18, 2020, 5:16 PM

How's everyone holding up?

Up until this week, every person I've known personally that's had to get tested for corona has lived in SoCal... but in the past 3 days, I have had four Phoenix based friends put themselves into self-quarantine as they wait on COVID test results.

Hopefully just a coincidence. Very weird either way.

Last edited by fawd; Jun 18, 2020 at 5:27 PM.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2020, 5:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post

Up until this week, every person I've known personally that's had to get tested for corona has lived in SoCal... but in the past 3 days, I have had four Phoenix based friends put themselves into self-quarantine as they wait on COVID test results.

Fine thank you. Thank you for asking. I thought the media decided that it was over - a few weeks ago - when every story - 24/7 about corona virus - promptly stopped - and the big push was for everyone to destroy property. I literally have stopped watching the "news" - after I couldn't believe my eyes when a bunch of ...(put any number of descriptions) were smashing windows and stealing at Fashion Square in Scottsdale. When I was a teenager, I WORKED at the Safari Hotel...and then, across the street in Fashion Square - I WORKED at Goldwater's Department Store. Too busy working - to be destroying property and stealing.
I walked into Safeway in Prescott this evening - spoke with a woman where you get your cart. She said that the had a bad case of the flu earlier this year - and she wonders if it was reported as Covid 19. Who knows. One thing - for me - I don't believe what the media/press is reporting.

For the building part of this website - not sure where this would go - but, there is a new Hilton Garden Inn being built on Montezuma in downtown (if you want to call it downtown) a couple blocks north of the Yavapai County courthouse. Probably four or five stories tall.

Old Posted Jun 20, 2020, 2:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawd View Post

Spreading like WILDFIRE here and I have anecdotally noticed a decrease in traffic and people in public in general over the last week . . . between actual sickness spreading and keeping people at home plus I think a lot of people are practicing some extra caution considering what is going on . . .

then you have highly intelligent people, some of whom appear to be posting maybe just above me . . . who seem to still not fucking get it. As if backwater Prescott (don't get me wrong, I LOVE the town and weather and people are friendly) but they are about as RIGHT WING tin-foil conspiracy hat as they get in AZ. Sorry - I would not care two shits about the opinions of the cart sanitizer at the local grocers when it comes to theorizing about community spread or epidemiological concerns in general! wtf

Our disgusting governor claiming we have enough beds for people to die in is a disgrace and likely factually incorrect as hospital bed capacity has NOT kept up with the skyrocketing growth rate of the Phoenix metro area. . .

Old Posted Jun 21, 2020, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KEVINphx View Post
Spreading like WILDFIRE here and I have anecdotally noticed a decrease in traffic and people in public in general over the last week . . . between actual sickness spreading and keeping people at home plus I think a lot of people are practicing some extra caution considering what is going on . . .

then you have highly intelligent people, some of whom appear to be posting maybe just above me . . . who seem to still not fucking get it. As if backwater Prescott (don't get me wrong, I LOVE the town and weather and people are friendly) but they are about as RIGHT WING tin-foil conspiracy hat as they get in AZ. Sorry - I would not care two shits about the opinions of the cart sanitizer at the local grocers when it comes to theorizing about community spread or epidemiological concerns in general! wtf

Our disgusting governor claiming we have enough beds for people to die in is a disgrace and likely factually incorrect as hospital bed capacity has NOT kept up with the skyrocketing growth rate of the Phoenix metro area. . .
There is no treatment and there is no vaccine, the virus exists on every territory and in every country on earth, at this point the only thing to do is avoid others and wait for it to burn its way through the population.

The lock-downs in the US happened too late to make any impact the virus was already to widespread same with Europe and other areas.

Perhaps if China had been honest with the world we could have isolated it back in December but that did not happen.

Lucky for us its not really that dangerous so keep the old people locked up and sit tight for it to wash over us.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 10:53 PM

Something about this coronavirus has been bothering me. You guys may remember how I mentioned by mom passed away last Thanksgiving. Well she passed away from this bizarre sickness that seemed like the flu but a little more severe and it eventually struck the entire household including me. The thing is while me and my brother showed symptoms like a cough, runny nose and weakness both my parents showed very little symptoms and I couldn't even tell they were sick at all. The only way I knew something was wrong with my mom was when I found her unresponsive in bed and struggling to breathe. Turned out the sickness had unknowingly caused pneumonia which had caused sepsis by the time I found her. She passed away in the hospital the next morning from septic shock and multiple organ failure and the doctors said it was the flu that caused all this. Anyone think that this was a very early case of covid 19 here in Arizona? I'm starting to think it was because we all got flu vaccines and it usually prevents us from getting sick and this illness was rather strange. I took the antibody test last month and it came back negative but it had been 7 months since the time my family was sick so maybe that could have affected the test. I know the earliest that China claimed the virus was present was in November but they lie about everything and it was probably there long before.

Old Posted Jun 22, 2020, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
Something about this coronavirus has been bothering me. You guys may remember how I mentioned by mom passed away last Thanksgiving. Well she passed away from this bizarre sickness that seemed like the flu but a little more severe and it eventually struck the entire household including me. The thing is while me and my brother showed symptoms like a cough, runny nose and weakness both my parents showed very little symptoms and I couldn't even tell they were sick at all. The only way I knew something was wrong with my mom was when I found her unresponsive in bed and struggling to breathe. Turned out the sickness had unknowingly caused pneumonia which had caused sepsis by the time I found her. She passed away in the hospital the next morning from septic shock and multiple organ failure and the doctors said it was the flu that caused all this. Anyone think that this was a very early case of covid 19 here in Arizona? I'm starting to think it was because we all got flu vaccines and it usually prevents us from getting sick and this illness was rather strange. I took the antibody test last month and it came back negative but it had been 7 months since the time my family was sick so maybe that could have affected the test. I know the earliest that China claimed the virus was present was in November but they lie about everything and it was probably there long before.

It’s going to be impossible to say, it’s a fact that the Chinese government knew about the virus as early as November but they refuse to give any real information about how widespread it really was until mid January considering something like 10,000 people travel between China and the us per day on average it’s probably safe to assume that the virus was likely quietly spreading around since at least November and December of 2019.

Is it possible that your mother was a very early case? Yes . it’s equally possible she was not. There is no way to really know.

With all of these events the actual death toll will be estimated after the fact, the actual numbers as bad or as good as they may appear for various countries are entirely inaccurate during the course of the pandemic. Especially places like
China and India and Brazil etc. Vietnam still claims to have a total
Of 350 cases or something. Simply not true

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 7:25 PM

Guys, illnesses aren't a political stance. Just a reminder.

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 11:03 PM
E pluribus unum

Illnesses aren't political. How we respond to them, however...

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 11:11 PM

Neither are masks. Yet somehow, and only in America, can we turn this into such a decisive and political stance...

Old Posted Jun 23, 2020, 11:42 PM

I also just have to say how stupid would it be if someone who had "a bad flu" back in spring were to have their illness "counted as covid" or some such nonsense! That is so stupid, to even entertain the idea is dumb on a level requiring total mental malaise.

If NO covid test was administered then it would obviously, clearly, categorically NOT be counted as a case - my head spins at the nonsense we are told to treat as equal to intelligible fact. I suppose one alternative is that one has a warped mind filled with the theories of conspiracies! The whole world connives against such sad people.

I'd also love to know what it means to "have grownup" - do you mean "grown up" the verb or do you mean "grownup" as a noun?

I don't plan to have any grownups in my possession and I am already grown.

Old Posted Jun 24, 2020, 4:09 AM
E pluribus unum

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASU Diablo View Post
Neither are masks. Yet somehow, and only in America, can we turn this into such a decisive and political stance...
It's both frustrating and predictable.

I gotta be honest, when I came down from Flagstaff to visit my parents over Memorial Day Weekend, I wasn't real thrilled to be venturing out around East Mesa because of how masks became politicized. I didn't run into any issues, but I tend to shop at the same few stores where I know they're pretty good about trying to minimize risk (mostly Target and Safeway/Albertsons).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest