HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Apr 4, 2015, 12:09 AM

More about those pictures.

According to Duck from NY, who took the present-day picture, the church spire that you see at the bottom of the hill is not the same in both pictures, since the original burned in the 90's. I did noticed that in the newer picture, the spire was just side by side to that cubic orange building, while in the older one it was much more separated to the right, something that couldn't be explained for a different angle of vision, since the difference between the exact point from where the pictures were taken couldn't be more than a few steps.

I decided to search the church in GE and I found out that it is the Brighton Heights Reformed Church, and indeed the old, 133 year old church burned down on june 28th 1996, on an accidental fire, and was later rebuilt and completed by october 30th 1999 and dedicated at a worship service held on Saturday, October 14, 2000.

Curiously enough, from that point of view, the spire of the church is aligned with the WTC,which also was destroyed, less than a year after the church was dedicated, and later was also rebuilt.

Here it is the website of the church were you can read the history of it along with pictures, some of them I am posting here.

http://www.bhrcforgod.org/#!photohistory/c17wz

The same view of the other picture and at about the same date, but with a better quality.

The old Church.

The new Church (from Panoramio) http://www.panoramio.com/photo/81402...=kh.google.com

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > Found City Photos