HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 17, 2017, 6:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichTempe View Post
From AZ Central:

Arizona Supreme Court declines to hear Tempe 'squatter' case

https://www.azcentral.com/story/news...ase/872013001/

Hopefully they can finally get something going with that piece of land and get rid of the junkyard.
”I just want to be treated fair and I’ll be happy,” Sussex said. “But until then I’ll bitch until the day I die. That’s the way it works."

You've been squatting on the land for decades. You've received more than what could be considered fair, my dude.

Last edited by stutteringpunk; Nov 17, 2017 at 6:32 PM.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 5:08 PM

I was Driving up Scottsdale road on Saturday, the Carvana vending machine is going up if nobody noticed

I think itlll look cool off the highway there.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 11:27 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obadno View Post
I was Driving up Scottsdale road on Saturday, the Carvana vending machine is going up if nobody noticed

I think itlll look cool off the highway there.
That thing is supposed to be like 9 floors of cars. Here's a rendering of what it will look like passing by on the 202.

Old Posted Nov 20, 2017, 11:59 PM

As much as I dont get the concept of Carvana, It's sure gonna nice to see something different built on the other side of the 202. I'll be driving by it every day to work.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 4:49 PM

Aura Watermark

I didn't remember seeing some of these renderings. Excited for this project.

https://nelsenpartners.com/nb-portfolio/the-watermark/

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 6:54 PM
BANNED

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Miami!

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 6:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdpx View Post
Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Miami!
lol no kidding. That looks pretty amazing...

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 7:38 PM

Hayden Flour Mill Redevelopment Proceeding

Hayden Flour Mill Redevelopment Proceeding

Quote:
The first phase of the long-awaited Hayden Flour Mill Redevelopment project moved another step closer to fruition last month after gaining approvals for several components from Tempe’s Development Review Commission.

In its Oct. 24 meeting, DRC approved Iconic Mill, LLC’s requests for Zoning Map Amendment, Amended Planned Area Development Overlay, Development Plan Review and Use Permit.
Quote:
Phase 1 of the plan calls for restoring and renovating the mill building to accommodate 14.2KSF of office space and creating a one-story, 8.4KSF restaurant addition with 2KSF of outdoor seating. In a subsequent Phase II, the grain elevators will be restored and a new hotel constructed. Phase II will require an amendment to the Planned Area Development.

A new west addition will be glass and steel and is intended to tie the site more closely to existing developments along Mill Avenue. “Using industrial inspired materials and transparency allows the addition to become less obtrusive to the street but rather engage Mill Avenue while recalling the past and allowing views of the Mill Building,” the report states, “The materials are intentionally different from the historic building.”
http://azbex.com/hayden-flour-mill-r...nt-proceeding/

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 7:48 PM

With the recent article talking about Tempe office rents increasing at the highest levels in the countty I would imagine more development green lights and hopefully more tower cranes are coming.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 8:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciweiss View Post
With the recent article talking about Tempe office rents increasing at the highest levels in the countty I would imagine more development green lights and hopefully more tower cranes are coming.
Where there's high rents and tenants looking to fill them, there's business to be made. At this pace, Tempe will become one of the Southwest's biggest bustling cities 15 to 20 years down the road.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 9:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renz View Post
Where there's high rents and tenants looking to fill them, there's business to be made. At this pace, Tempe will become one of the Southwest's biggest bustling cities 15 to 20 years down the road.
Yep, Austin, TX on a smaller scale.

Cold cities are going to be eating our dust over the next 15-20.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 9:52 PM
BANNED

And in the next 15-20 years, this even hotter city than it is today will have lots more dust for them to eat.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 5:14 PM

Rendering for Park Place (south side of Apache/Terrace) shows an elevated, covered walkway over Terrace, which could be cool.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2017, 12:33 AM

Just a quick pic I took on Friday evening of the 7th Ave mixed use project. View is looking east from the corner of 7th St & Mill. Looks like both buildings are topped off:

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 11:30 PM

Looks like they are taking another stab at developing Farmer Arts Parcel 1 (dirt lot on the corner of University/Farmer):

http://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=55959

Very frustrating that we go from potential 13-story, 281 unit building to 6-story schlock with 171 units. But hopefully something gets built.

Also a 16-unit development proposed for an empty lot near Rural/Apache, and more zoning approvals for Hayden Flour Mill.

I also noticed that they are knocking down the Tumbleweed building off University/Wilson. Doubt they could get anything large-scale built there with the proximity to the neighborhoods, but something akin to those lime green apartment buildings further west on University could be cool.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 2:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muertecaza View Post
Looks like they are taking another stab at developing Farmer Arts Parcel 1 (dirt lot on the corner of University/Farmer):

http://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=55959

Very frustrating that we go from potential 13-story, 281 unit building to 6-story schlock with 171 units. But hopefully something gets built.

Also a 16-unit development proposed for an empty lot near Rural/Apache, and more zoning approvals for Hayden Flour Mill.

I also noticed that they are knocking down the Tumbleweed building off University/Wilson. Doubt they could get anything large-scale built there with the proximity to the neighborhoods, but something akin to those lime green apartment buildings further west on University could be cool.
They are building a taco shop with a drive thru where the tumbleweeds building was.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocoPhoenician View Post
They are building a taco shop with a drive thru where the tumbleweeds building was.
Thanks for the heads up.

I can't remember if it was here or in the transportation thread, but someone was asking a while back about plans to finish a pedestrian bridge on the east end of town lake. The plans are apparently in process to construct a bridge on the existing dam structure on the east end.

They submitted a grant application to MAG, which has some info, here:

http://www.azmag.gov/Portals/0/Docum...pplication.pdf

And there is some info in this update here:

http://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=55597

Preliminary design has apparently begun. They are also planning to complete the bike path on the north bank so that it connects to McClintock and Indian Bend Wash. They are supposed to start construction on that path Winter, 2018.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2017, 11:46 PM
self-important urbanista

Quote:

I can't remember if it was here or in the transportation thread, but someone was asking a while back about plans to finish a pedestrian bridge on the east end of town lake. The plans are apparently in process to construct a bridge on the existing dam structure on the east end.

They submitted a grant application to MAG, which has some info, here:

http://www.azmag.gov/Portals/0/Docum...pplication.pdf

And there is some info in this update here:

http://www.tempe.gov/Home/ShowDocument?id=55597

Preliminary design has apparently begun. They are also planning to complete the bike path on the north bank so that it connects to McClintock and Indian Bend Wash. They are supposed to start construction on that path Winter, 2018.
That's all great news. Thanks for sharing. With Mesa having built its Rio Salado path, the eastern bridge will provide a better connection to the Indian Bend Wash.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 12:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
That's all great news. Thanks for sharing. With Mesa having built its Rio Salado path, the eastern bridge will provide a better connection to the Indian Bend Wash.
Yes. And another project in the works is the underpass under McClintock on the south end. It will be a very nice, seamless stretch from Mesa all the way west to 143, and all the way north along Indian Bend Wash.

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 1:06 AM

Quote:
Yes. And another project in the works is the underpass under McClintock on the south end. It will be a very nice, seamless stretch from Mesa all the way west to 143, and all the way north along Indian Bend Wash.
Sorry, I'm having a hard time understanding what/where you're talking about exactly. This is another pedestrian path?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest