HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Nov 12, 2017, 4:32 PM

Yes there is at least one home that would be encircled by the eastbound ramps.
Not very nice for that homeowner. I wonder if they've made an effort to buy him out.....

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 4:41 PM

Found out There was plans on a new Atlantic Superstore, or another of Loblaws brands for the Area either being in the Granite Development, or near there but with the closure of another 22 stores it seems obvious why not alot of people where aware of this. The plans where to find a site, put it down on paper, Get permits, and Public reveal.

There might be a site on Granite Drive after Loblaws is back up to full force but only time will tell.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 5:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

This is not new news. Ever since rumours of the Elmwood Centre development surfaced about three years ago, there was well founded speculation that Superstore was interested on moving in.

Things change however, and josh cat eyes (who works with Superstore), has confirmed on several occasions that there are no current plans for a fourth metro Moncton Superstore.

Now, if Costco does move here, and a new major retail node is created (as seems currently obvious), I can see Superstore revisiting their plans again. There will be plenty of room on Granite Drive for a store, the Elmwood Drive area is beginning to grow rapidly, and there is a relatively new Sobeys just down the street. These factors would all feed into a future decision to build a new Superstore here........

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 2:06 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

The request to extend Granite Drive all the way to McLaughlin was tabled at city council last night. I don't have the details right now, but it might have something to do with the fact that the extension would go beyond the municipal service boundary, which may require additional consideration.

Still, if Costco is indeed planning on moving to Granite Drive, there is little choice but for the city to extend the roadway to allow for a second access point.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2017, 8:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The request to extend Granite Drive all the way to McLaughlin was tabled at city council last night. I don't have the details right now, but it might have something to do with the fact that the extension would go beyond the municipal service boundary, which may require additional consideration.

Still, if Costco is indeed planning on moving to Granite Drive, there is little choice but for the city to extend the roadway to allow for a second access point.
Talked to a buddy of mine, and the Granite Street to McLaughlin, and the Highway on/off ramps to the North/West would require a set of lights, and this would be a Municipal/Provincial project.

So my guess is both need to agree on the cost, and timeline the project would be finished in.

Old Posted Nov 22, 2017, 12:58 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

The signage for the new Dominos is now up at McLaughlin Place

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 2:06 AM

Opening soon in the Elmwood Plaza from the Facebook Retail page

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 2:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post

Awesome news!! I hope people support this restaurant, a wonderful addition to the city.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 11:23 AM
Random Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctoncore View Post
Awesome news!! I hope people support this restaurant, a wonderful addition to the city.
Here's the menu
http://bafricancuisine.com/

and facebook to track progress
https://www.facebook.com/BACuisine/

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 9:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micks5477 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverviewer View Post
Here's the menu
http://bafricancuisine.com/

and facebook to track progress
https://www.facebook.com/BACuisine/

I looked at there menu, and personaly it's not my type of food.
But I do hope they do well Personaly I've seen similar businesses open up near me, and seemingly having a hard time getting the customers in to keep going. Afrikana being one seems to be a company that has a lack of customers.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface View Post
But I do hope they do well Personaly I've seen similar businesses open up near me, and seemingly having a hard time getting the customers in to keep going. Afrikana being one seems to be a company that has a lack of customers.
The owner is from Senegal, which actually has a large population at U de M

Old Posted Nov 30, 2017, 4:30 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
The African population in the Sunny Brae area has boomed the last decade and there is certainly support for this type of business as Baobab, an African specialty grocery store, does amazingly. I see it getting a lot of business from those looking for a taste of home without the work. I like to try different cuisines so I look forward to its opening

Old Posted Dec 5, 2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
The signage for the new Dominos is now up at McLaughlin Place
I happened to be in the neighbourhood tonight and they are now open - and doing a brisk business.
It will be interesting to see how this impacts the vast number of pizzarias within sight of each other in this area.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 6:52 PM

Seems the Best Western, or Best Western Plus as it's called have changed out there signs from Blue, Yellow, and Orange to a dark red, and white. Going to take a wild guess, and say it has something to do with the Comfort Inn right across the road having the same colour sign. Anyone know if they decided to update the inside as well.

I also found the Listing for the church at the corner of Pleasant Street and Mill Road Anyone know if they are just closing there doors, or moving on to a new larger builing? It seemed to be one of the few churches that you ould always see a large crowd gather.

Last edited by Scarface; Dec 12, 2017 at 7:11 PM.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2017, 6:35 AM
Non-Farmers, Farm Celery

Quote:
Seems the Best Western, or Best Western Plus as it's called have changed out there signs from Blue, Yellow, and Orange to a dark red, and white. Going to take a wild guess, and say it has something to do with the Comfort Inn right across the road having the same colour sign. Anyone know if they decided to update the inside as well.
Best Western Plus have switched to the Red/White color scheme a while back so this is the reason for the update to the outer signage.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2017, 5:55 PM

It seems the Elmwood Drive area is potentially going to change quite a bit to Multi Unit dwellings more, and more.

while I bring this up it seems 57 Elmwood drive might not be a legal construction of Residential units only as they had a meeting on the 20th of November to talk about rezoning it from EC to MUC so none of the units would have to be transformed to a comercial use unit.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 3:04 AM

Did I see it right that they started the extension of granite drive to meet up with McGlaughlin and besides rumored COstco and Home Hardware who is going to set up shop in that development?

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 4:00 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan.richard View Post
Did I see it right that they started the extension of granite drive to meet up with McGlaughlin and besides rumored COstco and Home Hardware who is going to set up shop in that development?
The extension of Granite Drive to McLaughlin will be necessary to provide a second access/egress point for the Elmwood Place retail development. Costco is almost assuredly relocating there. There are also plans for a new interchange at McLaughlin and the TCH.

The issue at present is that the Granite Drive extension will extend beyond the municipal service boundary. This has stalled the approval of this project. I see this is being brought up at the city council meeting on Monday. It will be interesting to see what they decide.

Here is the proposed (expanded) ROW for Granite Drive:

NBNYer had found an image on the Colliers International website actually showing the proposed interchange at McLaughlin/TCH but curiously, the link is now broken. I went on the Colliers site to try to find the image but it has been yanked, Perhaps they were upset that the information was becoming public as the proposed alignment would have been controversial for some property owners. I did discover though that the proposed retail development apparently has a new name. Colliers was calling the development the Granite Centre. I rather like that, and would avoid confusion with Elmwood Plaza located further south on Elmwood Drive........

Last edited by MonctonRad; Dec 17, 2017 at 4:51 AM.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 3:37 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Regardless of the missing link to the image on the Colliers International website, this drawing of mine is a close approximation of the proposed McLaughlin/TCH interchange that was found on the Colliers site:

Here is the link for the Collier's International web page for the Granite Centre:
https://www.collierscanada.com/15967#.WjaUAxRTVT4

Last edited by MonctonRad; Dec 17, 2017 at 4:41 PM.

Old Posted Dec 19, 2017, 4:20 AM
Wildcats Rule!!

Moncton city council has agreed to the extension of Granite Drive through to McLaughlin.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces