HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 5:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN View Post
If this new AZ Center tower is suppose to be the 2nd tallest in the state, then it has to be taller than the US Bank Tower which stands at 407'. So if they do go for 2nd tallest, then it has to be between 407' and 483' (Chase Tower). So maybe it will stand at 450'

Right?
2nd tallest residential tower

Old Posted Nov 9, 2017, 6:02 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by airomero83 View Post
2nd tallest residential tower
Yea. Originally when they announced this, there were 2 articles with one saying "the 2nd tallest in the state" where I mistakenly thought it would be about 450'. Then someone pointed out the article was incorrect and it was the 2nd tallest "residential" tower.

I don't think the city can currently support a 450' residential tower unless it also included office space or hotel.

Old Posted Nov 10, 2017, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
Yea. Originally when they announced this, there were 2 articles with one saying "the 2nd tallest in the state" where I mistakenly thought it would be about 450'. Then someone pointed out the article was incorrect and it was the 2nd tallest "residential" tower.

I don't think the city can currently support a 450' residential tower unless it also included office space or hotel.
Gotcha! I read that initial article originally saying 2nd tallest in AZ. Too bad, but we will take what we can get, I'm excited for it regardless.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 12:31 PM
self-important urbanista

The Downtown Devil's coverage of the planned AC Marriott hotel:

https://downtowndevil.com/2017/11/28...rizona-center/

Interesting quotes from the GM at 1130. I would certainly miss the garden at the heart of the Arizona Center if it ever went away, but the palms on the grassy land between the APS building and the garage provide no shade, making the area unappealing much of the year. I never cease to be amazed by business owners and managers who complain about developments that will bring new customers right to their doors.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 5:34 PM
Modulator

Quote:
Originally Posted by exit2lef View Post
The Downtown Devil's coverage of the planned AC Marriott hotel:

https://downtowndevil.com/2017/11/28...rizona-center/

Interesting quotes from the GM at 1130. I would certainly miss the garden at the heart of the Arizona Center if it ever went away, but the palms on the grassy land between the APS building and the garage provide no shade, making the area unappealing much of the year. I never cease to be amazed by business owners and managers who complain about developments that will bring new customers right to their doors.
This hotel and the planned residential tower will bring much needed foot traffic and business to a retail center that is very nearly dead. Those 4 bunnies do not pay the businesses or employee's salaries. People do. They can walk up to Hance Park if they want to see bunnies.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2017, 6:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieFoos View Post
This hotel and the planned residential tower will bring much needed foot traffic and business to a retail center that is very nearly dead. Those 4 bunnies do not pay the businesses or employee's salaries. People do. They can walk up to Hance Park if they want to see bunnies.
I have to wonder what that guy is thinking when he decides to bring the fate of 4 rabbits to a discussion about a multi-million dollar hotel/condo/mall project as if it is at all relevant or worthy of concern.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 2:39 AM

First rendering I've seen of the residential tower from the architect (Will Bruder) website:

http://willbruderarchitects.com/proj...lmcourt-tower/

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 3:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post
First rendering I've seen of the residential tower from the architect (Will Bruder) website:

The size and the shape is good. but.....is it going to be green?

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 3:07 AM
Skyriser

The hell?

Phoenix wanted a signature building, Phoenix got one.

Edit: It's too short for a signature, signature building. It's about 315 feet at the parapet

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by combusean View Post
The hell?

Phoenix wanted a signature building, Phoenix got one.

Edit: It's too short for a signature, signature building. It's about 315 feet at the parapet
Looking at some of their unbuilt it seems like this firm has a thing for horrendous green never-built towers in Phoenix.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSunDevil View Post

It's pretty hideous, it's not even tall

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 3:33 AM

I like it! I'm sure the real color won't be hideous. Love the design.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 3:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX-DUDE-MAN View Post
It's pretty hideous, it's not even tall
its as tall as advertised, the wide-side shot makes it seem less tall, the one that is corner facing shows its full 31 story height.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 3:47 AM

Development Description:

Quote:
The Palmcourt Tower is designed to be a distinctive addition to the Phoenix skyline as a functional and affordable market rate apartment tower. Rising from its Arizona Center site on the northwest corner of East Van Buren and North 5th Street, the twenty-nine story 294 foot tall tower will appear to float above a translucent parking podium that is embraced by majestic palm trees and desert landscaping.

Two main pedestrian entries are connected on an east/west axis linking the street entrance off 5th Street with easy access from rideshare/taxi and bus to the palm court garden off the existing diagonal Palm Court pedestrian walkway on the site’s southwestern boundary. The 350-unit complex transforms the entry sequence of the Arizona Center and becomes the heart of a transforming live/work/play neighborhood.

The ground level, which includes the lobby, mail facility, leasing and management offices, business conference center and a multifunctional “great room” will have 18’ tall ceilings promoting strong connections to the street energy and garden. The finishes are industrial and minimal with polished concrete floors and exposed mechanical systems with a highly transparent facade promoting a dynamic day-lit space. A separate dog walk/ dog wash area and a day-lit bike storage/maintenance area with easy street access, will offer garden views and access.

A single marquee defined vehicular entry drive off North 5th Street provides auto ingress and egress for all visitors, residents and service providers. The entire parking accommodation is wrapped in a translucent metallic scrim that catches light, shadow and color producing a sculptural gesture within the urban fabric. On the ground level, short-term visitor parking (12 spaces) and bays for service and move-ins, deliveries, and trash and recycle collection will be provided. In addition to the ground level visitor parking, seven aboveground levels of parking produce 411 stalls.

This 80’ high parking podium is capped by a landscaped amenity deck and amenity level. The amenity floor has similar finishes to the ground level featuring transparent facades minimizing the line between the interior and the outdoor amenity deck. The outdoor area includes a large swimming pool (18’ x 60’), spa, cabanas, outdoor gym area, open lawn, planting beds and outdoor kitchens adjacent to the club / party room. The terrace will offer 360-degree views to the city’s mountain horizon and urban skyline. It will provide an inviting perch from which to track the seasonal path of the sun from first light to sunset dusk. Adjacent amenities to this ‘garden in the sky’ include glazed workout and yoga spaces, a community living room /lounge, a small theatre for 30, and business support center.

The tower above the podium will include 21 floors of rental units with 9’0” ceilings and will offer a variety of unit sizes and room combinations with modest balconies from which to enjoy the views and fresh air. Floors 9 through 22 have seventeen residential units per floor and floors 23 through 29 have sixteen residential units per floor (by combining a studio and a one-bedroom to create a three-bedroom). This mix of studios, ‘convertibles’ as well as one, two and three bedroom suites will each have their own generous skyline views. All bathrooms and kitchens are paired with neighboring units to develop common plumbing walls / chases.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 4:48 AM

Well, it is distinctive. Renderings for ease of reference:

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 5:46 AM

It's not that bad and we don't have any green glassed towers in Phoenix so I'm okay with that. I could go without those scattered brown panels though.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael85225 View Post
It's not that bad and we don't have any green glassed towers in Phoenix so I'm okay with that. I could go without those scattered brown panels though.
Their 3D visualizations could use some work for sure...

BUT, I think it's pretty darn cool. I'm down with it!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 12:54 PM
BANNED

Wow. Nice height, but if that's the true color it's going to be an eyesore.

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 2:12 PM

Love the dog area!!! Love the green and the brown panels. A nice new look that is not a cookie cutter building!

Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 2:23 PM

The architect's 3D visualization rendering sucks - they really need to outsource it.

I'm guessing the architect wants to use pyrolytic coated glass for better solar control. This gives the glass a green hue (which is actually more blue). If this is the case, the glass color is similar to the below samples when finished.

Personally, I think it's a pretty cool look. And looking at the preliminary floor plan... those corner units with the curved glass are going to be BAD ASS.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southwest