HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jul 25, 2012, 10:54 PM
I am a typical

They'll need a connection to Winnipeg as well. A lot of growth will probably happen between them in the future, though they're pretty far apart.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2012, 1:08 AM
Starring as himself

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
They'll need a connection to Winnipeg as well. A lot of growth will probably happen between them in the future, though they're pretty far apart.
I haven't been to Winkler in a long time, but Morden is a really pretty town with a great old-fashioned main street. It's one of the nicer places to go for a day trip from Winnipeg. Hopefully they get a new building for the Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre, which has some excellent specimens.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2012, 6:02 AM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by vid View Post
Greyhound yes! Intercity rush hour commuter service, highly doubt it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
I haven't been to Winkler in a long time, but Morden is a really pretty town with a great old-fashioned main street. It's one of the nicer places to go for a day trip from Winnipeg. Hopefully they get a new building for the Canadian Fossil Discovery Centre, which has some excellent specimens.
Winkler also has medium-density housing as well! I heard that Mordens nice as well

I'll create another Google Transit map for this one, will re-edit post in 60 minutes

Old Posted Jul 26, 2012, 2:11 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post

Winkler also has medium-density housing as well! I heard that Mordens nice as well
Winkler will be getting another 10 to 12 storey seniors apartment building possibly next year.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted Jul 26, 2012, 10:41 PM
I am a typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post
Greyhound yes! Intercity rush hour commuter service, highly doubt it
Not necessarily rush-hour service, but something that connects people to important services in Winnipeg like medical institutions and shopping centres, so that people in outlying communities without cars can access them.

Old Posted Jul 26, 2012, 11:09 PM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biff View Post
Winkler will be getting another 10 to 12 storey seniors apartment building possibly next year.
Might as well start a Morden-Winkler construction thread with that piece of news!

Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 7:53 PM
BANNED

Unlike other parts of Manitoba the Winkler-Morden area is friendly to the free enterprise system hence the growth and prosperity. If a bus system is deemed viable for the area it would be implemented.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 10:34 PM

More questions than anything else...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilZebra View Post
Bigger than Selkirk and East St. Paul combined.

Time for some transit there if there isn't already.

When I hear the town name of Winkler, of course I think of this chap. The town name predates his acting career.
I'm quoting from a different thread but I thought my response is better suited here...

So first thing's first, I'm not too familiar with the area. So if there is someone out there who is, kindly let me know if there are public transit options. Now for my response...

Firstly the only thing that I could see happening is a bus service between downtown Morden and downtown Winkler. Secondly, would there be enough demand for a bus line between the two? And how frequent should the service be? I have visited the Morden/Winkler area enough to know that everyone uses cars anyways because everything is very spread out like all of Manitoba's cities. So would people even use buses at this point?

Brandon has a population of ~48k; do they have bus services? And what's their ridership like? Again, I'm not familiar with the city of Brandon so I really don't know if Brandon's layout lends itself to warrant bus services.

However my point is that I'm not sure if Morden/Winkler actually needs bus services.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 10:41 PM

^There is no transit service between Morden and Winkler, they have talked about it in the past, but nothing has come of it.

Its primarily just seniors from Morden who might make a trip out to Winkler for shopping and back, but that's about it.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2017, 10:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post
I'm quoting from a different thread but I thought my response is better suited here...

Snip....

Brandon has a population of ~48k; do they have bus services? And what's their ridership like? Again, I'm not familiar with the city of Brandon so I really don't know if Brandon's layout lends itself to warrant bus services.
Brandon Transit web page for its service schedules

http://brandontransit.ca/routes-schedules

Old Posted Aug 8, 2017, 1:37 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryer View Post

So first thing's first, I'm not too familiar with the area. So if there is someone out there who is, kindly let me know if there are public transit options. Now for my response...

Firstly the only thing that I could see happening is a bus service between downtown Morden and downtown Winkler. Secondly, would there be enough demand for a bus line between the two? And how frequent should the service be? I have visited the Morden/Winkler area enough to know that everyone uses cars anyways because everything is very spread out like all of Manitoba's cities. So would people even use buses at this point?

However my point is that I'm not sure if Morden/Winkler actually needs bus services.
http://www.brandontransit.ca/

http://brandontransit.ca/images/FINA...All-Routes.pdf

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan