HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 9:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post
I wanted to share this with all of you. I put this together.
I counted 34 buildings on that list identified as under construction. That does not include the pair of buildings at Hughes Landing that are being built for Exxon Mobil. That's pretty close to SSP's database count.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2014, 9:30 PM
Voice of the Modern World

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
I counted 34 buildings on that list identified as under construction. That does not include the pair of buildings at Hughes Landing that are being built for Exxon Mobil. That's pretty close to SSP's database count.
Millennium Tower II (22 stories) is under construction but not at all on SSP's database. 1885 Saint James and a few others aren't on its proposal database either.

I forgot about Houston's suburbs. If including the proposals from the Woodlands, Galveston, and elsewhere I think Metro Houston surpasses 120 + buildings with 10+ stories, not including Research Park or Generation Park.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 3:06 PM

Next time I'm in town, I'll have to check some of the new construction sites. It seems like the new year has brought a bunch of new projects out of the ground.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 6:13 PM

2929 Weslayan: 4/8 by Bobruss

Last edited by Urbannizer; Apr 8, 2014 at 8:17 PM.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2014, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktp7 View Post
http://www.houstonarchitecture.com/h...ch-2014/page-5

Here is a rough idea of what Downtown could look like if all the current proposals get off the ground. Thanks to rellott on Haif for taking the time to make these.

Wow! Downtown is going to look really good if all of these get built.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 12:03 AM

Is the Regent Square development under construction? By Regent Square I mean all the historic looking building and the district as a whole.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 12:30 AM

Updates by SkylineView - 4/8

Astoria

BHP Billiton

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 3:01 AM

More images of 6 Houston Center.

More images:

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielG425 View Post
Is the Regent Square development under construction? By Regent Square I mean all the historic looking building and the district as a whole.
They are almost finished with The Sovereign, but no progress has been made on the two empty lots or the one currently occupied by Allen House.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 1:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Property
Texas Medical Center to get New Hotel

This HOK-designed hotel and apartment building is planned for a site on Main Street in the Texas Medical Center.

The full- service hotel will have about 250 rooms, a large percentage of which will be suites catering to medical center guests needing long-term stays, and approximately 40 to 60 apartments, according to TRC Capital Partners, an affiliate of the Redstone Cos., which will develop and own the property with Houston-based Medistar Corp.

HOK’s Roger Soto designed the building, which also will have as much as 20,000 square feet of meeting space.

Construction is expected to start in by year-end at 6750 Main. The group said it is evaluating hotel brands and operators.
http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/...d=businesshcat

Last edited by Urbannizer; Apr 9, 2014 at 1:34 PM.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 2:49 PM

Perfect, that's building #110. Good to see TMC's dry spell broken finally. It was the one highrise cluster that wasn't seeing much announced recently until now.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 2:50 PM

Great finds Urbannizer. Do you know when 6 Houston Center is going to start construction? The 22-story hotel will be a great addition to TMC and is certainly needed.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 5:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clev View Post
Great finds Urbannizer. Do you know when 6 Houston Center is going to start construction?
Construction is suppose to start this Summer and I hope it does - if I remember correctly, this one was originally proposed around a decade ago. They always change the design when this proposal is brought back to life, but very little change to the size of it.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 5:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N90 View Post
Perfect, that's building #110. Good to see TMC's dry spell broken finally. It was the one highrise cluster that wasn't seeing much announced recently until now.
You can count this one as #111, another project for the Texas Medical Center

Memorial Hermann TMC Expansion

Quote:
Over the last year, we have had many discussions about the upcoming Master Plan to renovate and expand the Memorial Hermann-Texas Medical Center Campus.

Today, I’m proud to announce that the Memorial Hermann System Board unanimously approved the project.

The board’s approval of this $650 million construction venture sets the stage for us to not only upgrade our current infrastructure, but also to enhance our ability to provide the highest-quality and safest health care for our community for many decades to come.

The focus of the project will be the construction of two new buildings on Campus. One will be a new, state-of-the-art patient care building and the other will offer additional parking and infrastructure capabilities to support the new growth. The expansion will provide the Campus with:
• An additional 160 beds;
• 25 operating rooms (19 replacement ORs and 6 new ORs);
• 16 additional emergency room bays;
• 750 new parking spaces; and a
• 333-seat café.

In addition, we recognize that our community will grow and so will its health care needs. To prepare for future growth, we are designing the building with a forward-looking perspective and adding six shelled floors and six shelled operating rooms with the potential of adding 264 beds. As our community continues to expand, this will allow for the continued growth of the service lines on our Campus.
Small rendering. I counted ~16 floors.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2014, 8:30 PM

Hmm - 16 floors is a reduction in height. On the other hand, this project was originally talked about as a replacement facility, leading to a net reduction in the number of beds. I guess with some of the Obamacare uncertainties resolved (7 million sign-ups), MH is a bit more confident about the future.

HBJ also has a blurb about another tenant expanding in Pennzoil Place. Cheniere Energy has enlarged its footprint to over 160,000 sf, taking 8 floors. So the inventory of lease space downtown has just shrunk.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 2:28 AM

u guys r so lucky... :O

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 3:36 PM

Really impressed with the state of Houston development. I was relatively unaware of how things were progressing until the Houston map (http://houston.devmap.io) started filling up with a ton of projects. If you happen to watch SSP, thank you to whomever the currently anonymous person is adding these.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clexmond View Post
Really impressed with the state of Houston development. I was relatively unaware of how things were progressing until the Houston map (http://houston.devmap.io) started filling up with a ton of projects. If you happen to watch SSP, thank you to whomever the currently anonymous person is adding these.
You have a very user friendly program. I'll be adding all 111 highrise projects in Houston to it this weekend and as many midrises as possible.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 10:32 PM

One of the exciting things that become clear from the development maps of Downtown is that the "canyon" that developed during the '70s and '80's along the major North-South axis between Louisiana and Main will soon have real competition from a new East-West "canyon" between McKinney and Capitol. Downtown as a whole, in regard to building volumes, will lose its single axis and take on more of an "L" shape.

As a skyscraper enthusiast I can't wait to see the view from the intersection of, say Rusk and Travis, in ALL directions when some of these new buildings start rising.

Old Posted Apr 10, 2014, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clexmond View Post
The map is great!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations