HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForumSkyscraper Posters

Welcome to the SkyscraperPage Forum

Since 1999, the SkyscraperPage Forum has been one of the most active skyscraper enthusiast communities on the web. The global membership discusses development news and construction activity on projects from around the world, alongside discussions on urban design, architecture, transportation and many other topics. Welcome!

You are currently browsing as a guest. Register with the SkyscraperPage Forum and join this growing community of skyscraper enthusiasts. Registering has benefits such as fewer ads, the ability to post messages, private messaging and more.

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Old Posted Sep 13, 2014, 4:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
Lots going on right now. The two things Im waiting for are W hotel and 1601 Vine. I believe it was rumored that a ground breaking was imminent for W hotel but the parking lot is still very much open and I see no signs announcing closure unfortunately. Conversely, they are really moving on the conversion of 42 s. 15th street right across the street. Tons of work on the ground floor retail space and in the floors above. That is really a great location for an apt building, especially with Dilworth park now open.
Is it still supposed to be micro apartments? They are advertisting the website at the construction site now: http://avenirphilly.com/ And completion is pegged for spring of 2015.

But there really isn't any content up on the website yet.

Old Posted Yesterday, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Is it still supposed to be micro apartments? They are advertisting the website at the construction site now: http://avenirphilly.com/ And completion is pegged for spring of 2015.

But there really isn't any content up on the website yet.
They will feature micoapartments, the entire building will not consist of them though. They just made it known they will be the first building to offer these types of units. I did check out the site last week and see it was blank

Old Posted Yesterday, 1:34 PM
Cory Trevor Leahy

Some stuff I heard over the weekend:

East Market to get things going as soon as move to Family Court complete, already have a ground floor tenant for the old Snellenburg's Mens store annex

Brickstone project will indeed include 1112 Chestnut and the company is under contract for the Mercantile Library and is getting plans together for 15 s. 11th st. (Sound of Market building)

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post

East Market to get things going as soon as move to Family Court complete, already have a ground floor tenant for the old Snellenburg's Mens store annex

Brickstone project will indeed include 1112 Chestnut and the company is under contract for the Mercantile Library and is getting plans together for 15 s. 11th st. (Sound of Market building)
So will demo of the low rise building fronting market be delayed until 34 s. 11th street building is vacated? I just presumed they would move forward with demo of the retail building independent of the other building. But maybe it's not feasible and they need to block off the entire site at once.

Old Posted Yesterday, 2:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaamazarite View Post

Forgive me, but how are the moves related?

Edit: nevermind, didn't realize that there was a Family Court operation there, thought it was all on the Parkway. That courthouse feels like it has really labored along. It was topped out last May/June.

Old Posted Yesterday, 3:31 PM

http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelp...xt.html?page=2

Dr. Carl June and his team at UPenn are doing amazing things. One such example below...

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/10/he...anted=all&_r=0

Old Posted Today, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
They will feature micoapartments, the entire building will not consist of them though. They just made it known they will be the first building to offer these types of units. I did check out the site last week and see it was blank
Thanks for the info. I think it's probably good that the building will have a range of sizes.

Old Posted Today, 3:33 AM

South Philly:

from Plan Philly

Earlier this month, the Zoning Board of Adjustment unanimously approved a plan to convert an empty factory at 12th and Jackson streets in South Philadelphia into a 151-unit apartment complex.

Old Posted Today, 4:21 AM

Article on the Study at University City hotel.

10 floors
212 hotel rooms
@33rd and Chestnut

http://www.ocfrealty.com/naked-phill...street-skyline

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development