HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

270 Park Avenue in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Feb 22, 2020, 1:18 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Old Posted Feb 25, 2020, 8:31 PM
New Yorker for life

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/Jo...ssdocnumber=04

Quote:
02/25/2020

POST APPROVAL AMENDMENT SUBMITTED TO SHOW REMOVAL OF MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT FROM HUNG CEILING (INTERSTITIAL SPACE) AND TO SHOW CREATION OF FLOORS OPENINGS FOR CELLAR AND SUB-CELLAR LEVELS FOR NEW B.1 COLUMNS.

PW-3 FORM PROVIDED TO SHOW INCREASED ESTIMATED CONSTRUCTION COST FOR THIS SCOPE OF WORK.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 2:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post

Credit: bmosborne
And this doesn't even include the Hyatt site's building either.

The skyline will be transformed. I hope all these buildings go ahead, yes, Tower Fifth as well.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:03 PM
Metal Up Your !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionist View Post

The skyline will be transformed. I hope all these buildings go ahead, yes, Tower Fifth as well.
I'd rather the skyscrarper progress stops completely than Tower Fifth ever makes it into construction. I pray for an economic downturn if it becomes approved.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 9:08 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visionist View Post

Tower Fifth is the one with the super observation deck that I want to be fully revealed. We're getting a new deck next month in the Hudson Yards, and a new deck next year at One Vanderbilt. This one is supposed to be more exiting, but we'll see.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2020, 10:10 PM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriotizzy View Post
I'd rather the skyscrarper progress stops completely than Tower Fifth ever makes it into construction. I pray for an economic downturn if it becomes approved.
You may get your wish if this Coronavirus continues to mitigate whole sectors. Its going to be interesting if this virus hits NYC, and the impact it'll have on the economy if folks panic.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2020, 1:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris08876 View Post
You may get your wish if this Coronavirus continues to mitigate whole sectors. Its going to be interesting if this virus hits NYC, and the impact it'll have on the economy if folks panic.
Practicing good hygiene and not letting animal panic take over will be the best measures against this disease.

When 270 is topped out, a giant banner should be hung outside saying "wash your hands and cover your mouth!"

See, I made it relevant to the thread

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 1:28 AM
New Yorker for life

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 3:32 AM
NYC/NJ/Miami-Dade

Credit: siniaevart

Old Posted Feb 28, 2020, 3:39 AM
BANNED

I really hope that 270 Park looks like that, and I pray that 350 Park is built with that design.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2020, 2:24 AM
New Yorker for life

350 and 270 look so good together. Given 350's timeframe, we could have another One Vanderbilt/270 Park situation, with one coming down just as another one is entering final phases of construction.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9HnCqpgOcy/

Old Posted Mar 3, 2020, 7:15 PM
New Yorker for life

We will certainly get an eyefull of 270 as it's under construction (and after) from the observation deck at One Vanderbilt...it will take a small slice of the view.

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 5:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
We will certainly get an eyefull of 270 as it's under construction (and after) from the observation deck at One Vanderbilt...it will take a small slice of the view.

This is the first time I'm noticing those extruded pods

Old Posted Mar 4, 2020, 5:26 PM

Quote:
This is the first time I'm noticing those extruded pods
How have I never noticed these pods? Is this the first render with them in?

Old Posted Mar 5, 2020, 2:37 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camstonisland View Post
How have I never noticed these pods? Is this the first render with them in?
It's the first rendering I've seen, but it was mentioned before in the Vanderbilt thread.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2020, 4:43 PM
New Yorker for life

https://newyork.uli.org/event-recap-...w-david-arena/

MARCH 2, 2020
By: Frank Futia

Quote:
On Wednesday February 19th, ULI New York’s Young Leaders Group gathered at JP Morgan Chase and Co.’s Midtown headquarters for an informal conversation with David Arena, JPMC’s Global Head of Real Estate, as part of YLG’s Secrets of Success panel.

Q: What can you tell us about JPMC’s new headquarters at 270 Park Avenue?

A: We were bursting at the seams at the former 270 Park Avenue. Aside from the aging infrastructure we were at double the capacity the building was designed for. We weighed our options and ending going up with the most economical decision.

You can see we’re currently demolishing the existing structure, over 91% of which is being recycled. What you can’t see is all of this if going on while building on top of the LIRR East-side Access tunnel and the foundation-work will soon rise. It’s major win for the construction industry and tremendous validation of the Midtown East rezoning.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2020, 6:30 PM
New Yorker for life

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9RtGZjJoCi/

Quote:
Architectural Photographer Zelig Fok is documenting the largest controlled building demolition in history. The 52-story, 1.5m sf Union Carbide building at 270 Park will be replaced by a new 2.5m tower for the same owner, JPMorgan Chase. Stay tuned for periodic updates as the tower is absorbed into the 6 million tons of construction and demolition debris generated in New York City each year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8KuFZXhGWI/

Old Posted Mar 14, 2020, 4:53 PM

My company did about 14 full-floor tenant build-outs in this building between 2013-2016.

Old Posted Mar 18, 2020, 5:44 PM
New Yorker for life

Still working, for now...

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/real-e...-shutting-down

Construction projects plug away even with city shutting down

March 18, 2020

Quote:
With many commuters avoiding Manhattan, the crowd at Grand Central Terminal was eerily sparse Tuesday afternoon, while major construction projects nearby continued. At One Vanderbilt, a massive office tower next to the train station, clanking metal and drills resounded through streets that were quiet save for the occasional car horn or siren.

A few blocks north, workers were toiling away at JPMorgan Chase & Co.’s new tower. One guarded the site sporting a white helmet and giant black face mask.

Old Posted Mar 19, 2020, 12:45 AM
cle/west village/shaolin

yeah all the work sites ive been by have been working away. in fact almost double time it seemed. you notice because thats the only thing going on, no traffic, no people or anything else otherwise. we’ll see.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction