HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India

Old Posted Aug 31, 2007, 2:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReNik View Post
Should you not post this is in Thrissur thread ?
Lolz.. they'll kick me if I did. Agreed it is rather inappropriate for this thread. But forgive me, mate. Just thought it was relevant to the state's development.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2007, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMC View Post
I don’t think any highrise will be possible near airport. The poster would have been just to throw an impression of proposed airport city , may be to reflect the cosmopolitan nature. Otherwise it is next to impossible to have a highrise near airport. For that matter , I don’t think Smart City will also have big highrises , I guess it will be more of horizontal development than Vertical which is good for IT Parks. Highrise could come in Sobha Hitec City, as already PNC Menon has hinted that Kerala needs more Vertical development as Land is very scarce. It is needless to mention about Kochi.

Any more news on Zoom developers. Kalamassery can have highrise as it is not in the vicinity of airport. But is that a feasible project as far as Kochi is considered. Of course if you consider Kerala , there is no other place where such projects can be planned other than Kochi. But even in Kochi , this one looks a bit on the higherside. But the surprising thing is , they are starting office , started recruiting engineers with experience in Highrises and also made application for Environmental clearance.

I think highrises near an airport are ok as long as they are not on the approach to an airport. For CIAL, the approaches would be east and west of the airport. CIAL's park is to the south, so it should be ok to have highrises - may not be 100 storeys, but 20 storeys might be ok, thats AFAIK. Here's a link about high rises near Santa Ana airport in Los Angeles, California:

http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/sectio...cle_567868.php

... they have 25 storeys on both sides of the airport. Similarly the LaGaurdia airport in New York is close to Manhattan and San Francisco's airport is within its city limits. There are other airports which manage business parks within their land.

I agree on the Kalamassery 100-storey, that looks a little premature for Kochi .. unless they are looking way down the road .. do we have the infrastructure to support 100 storey? I mean would the local fire service have the wherewithal to handle 100 storeys?

Old Posted Aug 31, 2007, 3:45 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm07 View Post
I think highrises near an airport are ok as long as they are not on the approach to an airport. For CIAL, the approaches would be east and west of the airport. CIAL's park is to the south, so it should be ok to have highrises - may not be 100 storeys, but 20 storeys might be ok, thats AFAIK. Here's a link about high rises near Santa Ana airport in Los Angeles, California:

http://www.ocregister.com/ocr/sectio...cle_567868.php

... they have 25 storeys on both sides of the airport. Similarly the LaGaurdia airport in New York is close to Manhattan and San Francisco's airport is within its city limits. There are other airports which manage business parks within their land.
Still it is rare. See... a highrise near airport has made it into news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elm07 View Post
I agree on the Kalamassery 100-storey, that looks a little premature for Kochi .. unless they are looking way down the road .. do we have the infrastructure to support 100 storey? I mean would the local fire service have the wherewithal to handle 100 storeys?
Not much problem. Leave Bombay, does Hyderabad have thats sort of infrastructure ?
Did it look feasible in Hyd till Lanco Hills was announced ? Not even in the wildest dreams.
Even Lanco Hills will not find it easy going and they wud have never expected it to be easy either.

In fact, it works the other ways, when these projects gets announced people sit up
and notice the destination. This project has brought up the possibility. It has got
preliminary approvals and has reached the environ ministry for approval, which means a detailed design
is already in place. This is why it is no longer a proposal as the developer has
placed bet on it.

Last edited by ReNik; Aug 31, 2007 at 3:47 PM. Reason: improvements

Old Posted Aug 31, 2007, 4:12 PM

Country Club to raise $130mn for expansion

http://www.business-standard.com/com...N&autono=27126

Quote:

The board also gave its consent for acquisition of properties at Ahmedabad, Cochin, Kolkata, New Delhi and Pune for setting up of clubs, it said.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2007, 4:45 PM

Quote:
Here is the news for the day
This look likes mother of all Hitech Park( 1000 Acres) . Since it is Fact owned land , there is no problem of acquisition delay. Only procedural delay will be there. Am sure Inkel will connect this to Smart City to gain synergies.
Heard one news , Unitech is holding nearly 240 Acres of land near VeegaLand. Can anyone confirm this. This news I got from a Unitech man , but he didnt reveal much. Wish some one contact local Unitech Office at Rajaji Road.

If things are going like this , Well , Kochi , May perhaps be heading to host that 100 Storey Tower. But again , I have my own personal reservations.
Its because Our " HARTAL A WEEK" Attitude of Kerala youth. Unless this change , It will be hopeless.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2007, 6:58 PM

Smile

http://ima.50webs.com/building.jpg

The IMA House is coming up right behind the Kaloor Intl' Stadium. The project started of in January 2007. Here is the location map.

http://ima.50webs.com/map.JPG

Old Posted Aug 31, 2007, 7:35 PM

Quote:
This look likes mother of all Hitech Park( 1000 Acres) . Since it is Fact owned land , there is no problem of acquisition delay. Only procedural delay will be there. Am sure Inkel will connect this to Smart City to gain synergies.
Heard one news , Unitech is holding nearly 240 Acres of land near VeegaLand. Can anyone confirm this. This news I got from a Unitech man , but he didnt reveal much. Wish some one contact local Unitech Office at Rajaji Road.

If things are going like this , Well , Kochi , May perhaps be heading to host that 100 Storey Tower. But again , I have my own personal reservations.
Its because Our " HARTAL A WEEK" Attitude of Kerala youth. Unless this change , It will be hopeless.
Unitech is supposed to have land in "Morakkala Desam" (Kunnathunad taluk) for an IT park (supposed to be for a SEZ)... the only Morakkala I could find on wikimapia is right below Veegaland .. here is the link:

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=10.022...16&l=0&m=a&v=2

the big box is "west morakkala" and the small box above it is Veegaland.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 6:48 AM
BANNED

Quote:

Good Inputs, KMC, elm.

Unitech project near Veegaland would mean it is a seamless IT megapolis from
Trippunithra to Kalamassery. I guess Unitech and parsvnath will show their cards after getting final nod from State govt, which is mostly engaged in political laundry and
delays decision on everything growth oriented. Just to give a nod, not even land acquisition or even single pie worth investment - still it takes 2-3 months time.

Finally, Hartals in Kerala don't affect IT as they always make arrangements to work. May be that's why they find Kochi attractive.

Last edited by ReNik; Sep 1, 2007 at 7:14 AM.

Old Posted Sep 1, 2007, 11:18 AM

KMC, Even I dont think hartal affects IT growth very much in Kerala since Infopark and Technopolis is fully functional during hartal days and all Infopark companies have their own source of transport. Also in every state there are bandhs, hartals and agitations. Recently in Andhra there was a state wide hartal against blasts in Hyderabad.There was a statewide protest against Reliance Fresh in UP. Also in Kochi there is less violence even though hartals are more frequent than other states.

But procedural delays on the a part of our govt is very much there. Just look at Vallarpadam. Land acquisition is still not over for road and rail. Thus the terminal construction has not yet begun.And Smart city foundation stone was to be within one month of signing the agreement. But now they say it will be signed only by end of September. And 5 or 6 IT SEZ's are pending approval even though the IT policy encouraged IT SEZ's. Nobody knows the reason why this is happening.

So even if they announce 100 storeyed tower it will take another 20 years for that to operational due to bureaucracy of our govt..That is the factor which worries me most.

Quote:

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 5:26 AM

Can someone tell about the companies working in MM Tech Towers and L&T Tech park?.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 7:10 AM

In MM tech towers Nokia is operating in one or two floors. And in other 3 floors also some companies are operating. But they have not disclosed any information. L&T Tech Park is not functional as yet. But I heard L&T Infotech and HP Global are operating there. I believe that US Technologies is also functioning from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajkrish View Post
Can someone tell about the companies working in MM Tech Towers and L&T Tech park?.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 9:43 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowmya View Post

But procedural delays on the a part of our govt is very much there. Just look at Vallarpadam. Land acquisition is still not over for road and rail. Thus the terminal construction has not yet begun.And Smart city foundation stone was to be within one month of signing the agreement. But now they say it will be signed only by end of September. And 5 or 6 IT SEZ's are pending approval even though the IT policy encouraged IT SEZ's. Nobody knows the reason why this is happening.

Actually, Vallarpadam road & rail construction has started on land which is already in possession.
Actually most of the land is already in possession. On the terminal
land filling is nearing completion, the construction work will start in October when
construction works are awarded to successful bidders. DPIs tender has already
appeared. On this project things are progressing with pace as administration knows
the consequences of delay. For eg, this Friday about 350 acres were handed over to NH authorities.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 9:57 AM

Just one news , Mir Realtors have sold out 2 Flats on the 32nd Floor . News confirmed by friend in KBF . They also got Director General of Civil aviation clearnace. So I guess by the time this project is completed, that would be tallest in South India, as others will not be completed around that time , like Lanco Hills.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 9:59 AM
BANNED

Kochi set to grow as South India's aviation hub

Quote:
Kochi airport set to expand its wings

Staff Reporter

To focus on ensuring regional connectivity from Kochi to major destinations in the South.

KOCHI: To cash in on the country’s rapidly-growing aviation sector, Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) is positioning itself as a major player in South India.

The airport is now focussing on ensuring regional connectivity from Kochi to major destinations in South India.

“We aim to establish the Kochi airport as the hub for southern regional connectivity so that more passengers converge here, making the operation of services to destinations in Europe and the United States feasible,” Shriram Bharath, managing director of CIAL, said on Friday.The strategy is to encourage airline companies to set up shop in Kochi and operate services to Coimbatore, Chennai, Bangalore and Hyderabad. “We will offer concessions in airport charges to those airlines, that choose Kochi as the hub of their operations,” Mr. Bharath said. Full Story - The Hindu
Quote:
CIAL to choose partner for Rs.600-crore project

M.P. Praveen

KOCHI: The Cochin International Airport Limited (CIAL) will finalise the partner for its proposed Maintenance Repair Overhaul (MRO) facility within two months. The bidding process for the project, conceived as a joint venture, is already underway and 4-5 groups are in the fray. “We will fix the partner by October end,” Shriram Bharath, the Managing Director of CIAL, told The Hindu.

Under the Rs. 600 crore MRO facility, six aircraft maintenance hangars will be set up. “Two hangars for narrow bodied-aircraft will be completed by the middle of next year,” Mr. Bharath said. This will mark the first phase of the project and will cost Rs. 96 crore. These two hangars will have facilities to handle aircraft like Boeing 737-800, Airbus 320 and ATR, he said.
Academy plans

In the later stages, a hangar exclusively for wide-bodied aircraft and double bay hangars capable of accommodating both wide and narrow-bodied aircraft will be set up. Selection of partner for the MRO facility will also give a boost to the aviation academy proposed by CIAL. The academy will see a unique association between CIAL and the Cochin University of Science and Technology (Cusat). Full story
This will probably be the biggest MRO facility in South India. With Spice Jet, Kingfisher,
Paramount setting up bases soon this is set for rapid expansion too. I read AI Exp.
also has based a few aircrafts at CIAL.

Last edited by ReNik; Sep 2, 2007 at 10:12 AM.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 10:04 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Just one news , Mir Realtors have sold out 2 Flats on the 32nd Floor . News confirmed by friend in KBF . They also got Director General of Civil aviation clearnace. So I guess by the time this project is completed, that would be tallest in South India, as others will not be completed around that time , like Lanco Hills.
What about Choise Paradise ? They have sold all the floors above 22nd or so. I guess
Choice Paradise will be the tallest. The construction work has also started - Kunnel
are the contractors.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 11:02 AM
BANNED

First ever Oceanarium in India

Quote:
Survey for oceanarium completed

Staff Reporter

KOCHI: District Collector A.P.M. Mohammed Hanish, on Friday, said the survey of 65 acres of land identified to set up an oceanarium on the Puthuvype Island has been completed.

The Centrally-aided project will be implemented by the Fisheries Department. Full story

Old Posted Sep 2, 2007, 2:29 PM

If the work has started then great. Maybe Smart city works also will progress on a fast track since TECOM authorities are doing it. But does anyone of you have any idea of SEZ's which are pending approval? Has our government at least sent them to the centre for approval?

Quote:
Actually, Vallarpadam road & rail construction has started on land which is already in possession.
Actually most of the land is already in possession. On the terminal
land filling is nearing completion, the construction work will start in October when
construction works are awarded to successful bidders. DPIs tender has already
appeared. On this project things are progressing with pace as administration knows
the consequences of delay. For eg, this Friday about 350 acres were handed over to NH authorities.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2007, 4:38 AM
BANNED

LNG terminal work set to start

Quote:
Supplies tied up, Kochi LNG terminal work to start soon
Rakteem Katakey / New Delhi September 03, 2007

Work on the Kochi liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal is likely to begin soon after a delay of more than a year and a half. It will be India’s fourth LNG terminal.

Currently, there are two functioning LNG terminals in Gujarat, the 6.5-mtpa (million tonnes per annum) Petronet terminal and the 2.5-mtpa Shell terminal. The third one is coming up at Dabhol in Maharshtra.

While there are a few more terminals in the pipeline, industry experts say all of them may not be constructed since India will be gas surplus soon. Full story

Old Posted Sep 3, 2007, 6:38 AM

Thumbs up

Today's Business Manorama confirms 7 star Hotel in Kochi. (Can't find a link to the story on the website.) Doesn't say which group is planning the hotel, though. It mentions that it is one of the groups that already owns a 5-star international hotel in Kochi. Land for this hotel has already been acquired, according to sources.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2007, 7:40 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderboltz View Post
Today's Business Manorama confirms 7 star Hotel in Kochi. (Can't find a link to the story on the website.) Doesn't say which group is planning the hotel, though. It mentions that it is one of the groups that already owns a 5-star international hotel in Kochi. Land for this hotel has already been acquired, according to sources.
Good find Boltz. So it must be Le Meridian (Galfar) or Taj. Or have i missed out someone ?

KMC
Here is a story from today's Manorama that will be interesting to you . It confirms
Choice Paradise construction is well underway.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Asia-Pacific > India