HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 9:37 PM

^Agreed

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 9:42 PM
the first stamp is free

There will be a lot of competition for that accelerator funding.

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 10:52 PM

Is the funding one-time or annual per jurisdiction?

Old Posted May 11, 2024, 11:04 PM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
There will be a lot of competition for that accelerator funding.
huge...and its not a lot of money for actual incentives.....i've heard it will only go to downtown projects....going to be a lot of disappointed developers.

there are several other funds available through cmhc, fcm and the feds themselves....it makes me wonder why the provincial government has been given a free pass on this....housing is a provincial jurisdiction but the feds are doing all the heavy lifting....would be nice if the province matched the HAF funding.....too busy giving tax brakes to drivers I guess.

maybe once the headlines say it was absorbed immediately there will pressure to expand it.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 12:28 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
Take about a tease. Can we get a hint, pretty please? It's my birthday (allegedly)...
The next four months will definitely be career defining for me. I have two projects (Osborne and Selkirk) finishing construction. The Bay design will be nailed down and construction will likely begin. Designing three new high profile projects. There’s actually a fourth big one but I will likely be more overseeing the design because of work load. When it rains it pours. It’s a shame that I can’t really savour it. I love the schematic design phase. It’s full throttle. Then in six months I’ll be bored. Ha ha. Always happens.

As for the three. One is really big. One is big. One isn’t that big but prominent and unique. Two downtown. One not downtown but in a mature neighbourhood.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 12:32 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

selkirk ave intestesting?

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
The next four months will definitely be career defining for me. I have two projects (Osborne and Selkirk) finishing construction. The Bay design will be nailed down and construction will likely begin. Designing three new high profile projects. There’s actually a fourth big one but I will likely be more overseeing the design because of work load. When it rains it pours. It’s a shame that I can’t really savour it. I love the schematic design phase. It’s full throttle. Then in six months I’ll be bored. Ha ha. Always happens.

As for the three. One is really big. One is big. One isn’t that big but prominent and unique. Two downtown. One not downtown but in a mature neighbourhood.
Wicked! Thanks for the hints! Should be an exciting summer for announcements!

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 1:18 AM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ajs View Post
selkirk ave intestesting?
Selkirk Manitoba.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 3:57 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Selkirk Manitoba.

doh

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 6:22 AM

Quote:

Wow, thanks for the updates. Incredibly exciting news, cant wait to hear more about these projects.

And F yeah to only downtown projects getting accelerator funding!

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 1:18 PM
What could go wrong?

Quote:
huge...and its not a lot of money for actual incentives.....i've heard it will only go to downtown projects....going to be a lot of disappointed developers.
That is interesting if true. I heard that the city was taking about $40m of the $122m and upgrading the sewer capacity in St Norbert. It has been a major problem out there for developers. I know of a handful of multi-family projects out there that have been denied because of the sewer…not including whatever that Lemay forest project might be.
"But a city can be smothered by too much reverence for its past. The skyline must keep acquiring new peaks, because the day we consider it complete and untouchable is the day the city begins to die." - Justin Davidson - May 2010 Issue of New York

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 2:47 PM
surely you agree with me

That’s a problem in a lot of areas across the city. It would be on point to use one-third of the HAF funding for a sewer line on the other side of the perimeter highway.

I was told the only downtown thing from a councillor. Maybe that meant direct project incentives. I know of four downtown projects hoping to get it that will drain the incentives pot completely.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 4:10 PM

Quote:
Selkirk Manitoba.

This reminds me of Lockhart hall at the University of Winnipeg.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 4:11 PM

Quote:
That’s a problem in a lot of areas across the city. It would be on point to use one-third of the HAF funding for a sewer line on the other side of the perimeter highway.

I was told the only downtown thing from a councillor. Maybe that meant direct project incentives. I know of four downtown projects hoping to get it that will drain the incentives pot completely.
Maybe we can take Calgary and Edmonton's money when Premier Smith outlaws it lol

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 4:20 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by FactaNV View Post
Maybe we can take Calgary and Edmonton's money when Premier Smith outlaws it lol
i thought she did already

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 5:23 PM

Quote:

If everything comes through, your annus mirabilis will have a lasting effect on this city, TV. I really look forward to seeing what you have in the works.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 5:24 PM

Quote:
i thought she did already
The money is competitive so we should absolutely try to eat their lunch. Money for more projects and maybe they can use some for RT stuff or on the shit plant that's sucking all of the city's money up.

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 7:19 PM

Quote:
litz going under cause of fraud by a staff sure didnt help things
Didn't all the experienced non Litz family staff form a company called Phoenix Crane around the time Litz closed down?

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 7:32 PM

^ Yes something to that effect

Old Posted May 12, 2024, 11:03 PM
surely you agree with me

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalf View Post
If everything comes through, your annus mirabilis will have a lasting effect on this city, TV. I really look forward to seeing what you have in the works.
not gonna lie...i had to google that....my anus what now?

but thanks....it's stressful.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan