HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion

Old Posted Apr 29, 2008, 10:19 PM
Hammer'd

Flar and Steeltown as mods sounds great to me.
"Above all, Hamilton must learn to think like a city, not a suburban hybrid where residents drive everywhere. What makes Hamilton interesting is the fact it's a city. The sprawl that surrounds it, which can be found all over North America, is running out of time."

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 3:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coalminecanary View Post
YOU ALL SMELL BAD AND OTHER PERSONAL ATTACKS

just kidding

Anyway, I think a mod is a good idea, but not if it turns out to be heavy handed.
I am not in favour of the mod idea, partially because of the fear of heavy-handedness --- not necessarily against me, but in general. Our ancestors fought hard to ensure that we could possess the freedoms we enjoy today and some of us just want to give many of these freedoms away and voluntarily turn this place into a police state.

Seriously, I have seen way too many examples of overzealous mods on the Internet who delete loads of posts, lock tons of threads, and generally make their presence way too well known. I do not want to see anything like that happen in here.

All of this said, I very much like both flar and SteelTown, and if we really must have mods, then they are good choices --- but let's not have mods.

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 3:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCTed View Post
Lol....one of these days I'll drop the bomb on you all that we are actually the SAME PERSON! haha
We're not the same person. Or are we?

Old Posted Apr 30, 2008, 3:41 AM

BCTed, mods on SSP are not here to enact personal agendas on users as so much as they're a guiding hand to help keep the forums organized and free of clutter (such as spam or offensive content, moving threads to appropriate sections, etc). They also provide a local presence that can step in and handle issues that a user may have or advise administrators of going-ons and potential changes to the forum that the forumers may be interested in.

So from what I gather, Flar and Steeltown are nominated? I see no problem in having both of you can share the role of overseeing this section.

If you guys would like to PM me and let me know if modding is something you wish to take on we can take it from there.

And again, thanks to everyone for being so willing to vent issues and for taking a proactive approach to the future of this forum.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > General Discussion