HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 5:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolndrive View Post

Again, sorry about the poor quality on these camera phone pics. The guys on-site said things were definitely under way and they are starting at the west side of the site to shore up the foundation of the neighboring building (where the sales center is currently). It will be at least 6 months of digging do to the 40+ foot hole they need for the parking garage before anything starts moving up.

The lady at the sales center was very nice and said sales were going well. I was sad to hear there would be no pool, retail or restaurant but it will be a nice looking building at least and will take one more parking lot out of CC.
Well that seems like very good news. I don't want to say anything further just yet though, in fear of jinxing it.

By the way...at only 320 feet...this probably wouldn't be too visible in the skyline huh?

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 12:48 PM
Corporate logo

I took some pics this past weekend. This is the from the opposite side of Lincolndrive's shot.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 1:19 PM
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDan35 View Post
By the way...at only 320 feet...this probably wouldn't be too visible in the skyline huh?
No, but this is an unbelievable infill building that takes Philly beyond the next level. Pure high priced, high quality luxury. More upscale to an already upscale neighborhood.

Old Posted Nov 27, 2007, 4:15 PM
Register This

320 feet isn't too bad. Not skyline changing, but it will pop up in many angles from the southside.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 1:12 AM
Corporate logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by looper121 View Post
320 feet isn't too bad. Not skyline changing, but it will pop up in many angles from the southside.
The location is good for that height. Its nearest competition is the Medical Tower at 364'.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 5:35 AM
Philadelphia

It's embarassing that i don't have a more recent photo - this is from 5 months ago - but this is the view from my house in South Philly. On the right you'll see a building under construction with a crane over it. 1706 will come up to about the top of the crane but, from my line of sight, will pop up in front of the bluish, white bldg. (3rd tallest) that's center left. Looking at it from the east or west it should also be clearly visible.

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 7:41 PM
Realtor

lunch today

The pile driver is on-site today so they can start securing the western portion and eventually the whole site. There were 2 dump trucks behind me that you can't see in the picture. There were probably 10 people on site including surveyors and such. holla

Old Posted Nov 28, 2007, 8:58 PM

^^ Nice. So, would this be considered "under construction" yet or no? If so...maybe we can move it out of the Proposals section.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 12:53 AM

This is now officially under construction?

Surprising to me, I would have waited a wee bit longer.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 3:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltrain View Post
This is now officially under construction?

Surprising to me, I would have waited a wee bit longer.
Me too. This is still site prep.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 5:14 AM

Site prep still remains in the proposals section.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 1:24 PM

This building won't have much of an impact on the skyline. It's not architecturally significant (but at least it's not SH). And it doesn't have any ground floor retail. Still, I think it's great. It's great infill on what is now an empty lot and despite no ground floor retail, will still look good from the street. Finally, the addition of 29 millionaire households will surely help the zip codes demographics - precisely the data that marketers look for when deciding where to place their stores.

I've said this before, even though the condo boom is drying up, most residents of our new ultra lux towers haven't moved in yet. Symphony House residents just started to move in, Murano residents will be in in a few months and within a few years, so will residents of RATR, 10 Ritt, and 1706. The addition of these new affluent residents, many of whom are new and haven't lived in the city before, will have a positive affect on our current retail scene.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 1:30 PM
Hello

Excellent point McBane.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 5:44 PM
Register This

Hmmm, If I were paying 3 mil a pop for my condo, I think I could do without the retail on the ground floor. In fact, as small of a footprint that this building has, retail would be out of place and annoying to residents at the same time.

Old Posted Nov 29, 2007, 8:29 PM

McBeezy, you're making some good points. Keep it up, i've been watchin' you man.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2007, 5:49 AM

So I can confirm that the MLS listings were not maintained and that a number of units in the building have been accounted for including the two most expensive units and that does not include the developer taking any. I did not here this from real estate agents or rumors mills. I heard it from some very lucky individuals who hope to have a pied a tier in the city in the near future.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2007, 10:14 AM

Current view from South Philly

Quote:
Originally Posted by newboldphilly View Post
recent photo - this is from 5 months ago - but this is the view from my house in South Philly.
This is a great shot. It captures Symphony House, Comcast and it should have the Murano if I'm not mistaken. Would love to see a current picture since those three projects have all topped out since your pic was taken.

Old Posted Dec 1, 2007, 1:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnland View Post
This is a great shot. It captures Symphony House, Comcast and it should have the Murano if I'm not mistaken. Would love to see a current picture since those three projects have all topped out since your pic was taken.
The crane from RATR would also be visible in that pick.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 7:31 PM
Realtor

From lunch today

They are installing the first of many vertical beams to secure the site during the digging for the new underground parking lot. You can also kind of see a concrete truck in the background. Not sure what they are pouring for. Theres also a huge "Rentable Rain" jug that must be 15 feet tall and 5-10 feet wide. You can't see that in this picture. I guess they need a lot of water for some reason.

Old Posted Dec 3, 2007, 11:21 PM

Still pushing around dirt from today:

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive